GreenThumb J's 1000W Grow Box "Producer" 2x Pink Kush

Greenthumb J

Welcome Everyone!

GreenThumb J is back with another Grow box run!

A lot of you have already seen my previous 2 runs in my grow box, but for the new members to my friends list who may have not had the time to go over my previous journals, as well as any new members who tag along, i will go over the grow box i am using for everyone! I always seem to find out more things about this grow box as i use it!

This particular grow box is manufactured by a local company here in British Columbia called BC Northern Lights. Its a "Producer" model grow box, which is their highest capacity model they currently make.

Its a self contained, fully automated grow cab, capable of flowering 18 plants from seedling or clone to maturity
IMG_20140429_224654.jpg

GEDC03842.JPG

What the 18-site Hydrotub looks like as I clean it out and get it ready for use
GEDC04432.JPG

My current modifications to the irrigation system. I added air line tubing for my irrigation lines. 9 irrigation lines per plant
GEDC07251.JPG

the view from above. The white tray is the clone shelf that sits under the CFL:
GEDC04512.JPG

ONE intake fan and ONE exhaust fan, as show in the picture below. Intake, left. Exhaust, right. Carbon filter attaches to exterior exhaust vent:
IMG_20140507_143645.jpg

The Producer has TWO 400w ballasts mounted internally that power the TWO 400w MH or HPS bulbs that are positioned like the picture below. there is also a 125w self ballasted CFL that sits above a cloning shelf:
IMG_20140507_143630.jpg

Each light is housed in its own chamber that draws cool air in from the electrical compartment and vents it out these fans. One light either side of the box, one fan per light. Looks like this:
GEDC04483.JPG

These holes are where the colder air in the electrical compartment gets pulled through:
GEDC04502.JPG

Each light has a half-ass reflector built into the compartment lid as seen below:
GEDC04492.JPG

The electrical compartment has an intake fan that draws in the fresh air to cool the lights. The left switch shuts off the air pump:
GEDC04522.JPG

And, yes, that is a co2 intake. The manual override switch is on the front. The grow box came with a regulator as well, i just need a tank:
GEDC04531.JPG

This is the Heart of the grow box. This is the GrowSmart CPU. It controls everything in the Growbox from when the lights come on based on which light cycle the rocker switch is set to, to how much CO2 goes into the box (when a tank is connected). You just set the date and time and thats about it. You could unplug it for a few months i'm sure, plug it back in, and it will read the exact time and date that it currently is. NO Need to reprogram anything really.

Although, I recently just got a new CPU program from BCNL, which includes an additional watering time in the evening and both waterings have been increased by 5 mins to a total of 10 mins in the morning and 10 mins in the evening.
GEDC04553.JPG

The light schedule is controlled by 2 rocker switches on either side of the display. Left side switch controls vegetative lights only (CFL) and can be switched to 18/6 or 12/12. The right rocker switch controls the ballasted MH or HPS bulbs that can be set to 18/6 vegetative state or 12/12 for flowering.

The water override switch on the lower left is used for manual override of the irrigation system and will turn on the water pump for 20 minutes MAX as not to run dry in case water levels are low. It is also used to drain the Hydrotub when a ball valve is opened and attached to a rubbermaid tote with drain hose attached (came with grow box).
GEDC07642.JPG
GEDC07631.JPG

Irrigation is controlled by the internal timer that kicks the water pump on to irrigate for 10 mins @ 845am each day.

The reservoir holds approximately 9-10gal or 36-40L depending on how much water you want to mix. NO more than 10gals tho.

Here is what it currently looks like:
GEDC07401.JPG
GEDC07412.JPG

Water is aerated via an internally mounted air pump that powers the FOUR 12" airstones in the reservor

Industrial strength lock on the door, and castor wheels for easy moving if needed.

Plug and Grow basically (plus the setup obviously!)

Stain info.

What strain is it? Pink Kush (clones) unknown genetics/heritage
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica/Sativa Hybrid. I'm thinking its a slightly more sativa dominant strain as i'm told its a 10 week flowering strain.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Vegetative. Received 10 cuttings on 10/28
If in Veg... For how long? All were tipped the day i received them and transplanted into 3" rockwool blocks. 1 month veg time thus far. Clones take a good month before you start to see the rapid vegetative growth you normally see with F1 seeds. All are starting to really take off. For the purpose of this journal, we will only be focusing on TWO
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro. 3" rockwool cubes. Combination of RTF and DWC
If soil... what is in your mix? N/A
If soil... What size pot?] N/A
Size of light? 125w CFL and 2x 400w MH for vegetative. 2x 400w HPS for flower. Possibly 2x 54w T5HO as well.
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 19-30c
RH of Room/cab? 30%-60%
PH of media or res? Reservoir pH 5.5-6.5
Any Pests ? None so far
How often are you watering? The grow box will automatically irrigate the root zone for 10mins @ 8:45am and 10mins @ 4:20pm each day
Type and strength of ferts used? Gen Hydro's 3-part flora series is being used with my custom feeding recipe, which i will post later on. As well, I use a weekly beneficial tea i apply one to two times a week, that i have written a blog post on, which is in my signature.

Here are some pictures of the clones as i received them, and some of the preparation for this journal.

Enjoy!

This is how I received the clones:
GEDC07002.JPG
GEDC07012.JPG

Removed from their travel container:
GEDC07021.JPG
GEDC07033.JPG
GEDC07043.JPG
GEDC07052.JPG

After transplant into 3" Rockwool blocks, and being "tipped":
GEDC07071.JPG
GEDC07163.JPG
GEDC07062.JPG

I was going to use the two clones on the very right in the last two pictures, but recently changed them to the most vigorous ones, which are now in the grow box.

The original 18-site hydro tub only has 1 weak drip stake per plant site, which i dont feel does an adequate job of irrigating the Rockwool. In my last run, i used i think 3-4 drip stakes per plant and the growth was amazing!

I modified it by using air line hose, and cutting appropriate length pieces to create 9 drip tubes for each plant. With this i feel i will have even more explosive growth rates, and yield the same amount with 2 plants as i did with 6. Here is what it looks like. Compare it with the original set up i posted above:
GEDC0727.JPG
GEDC07262.JPG

And the plants in their new home, as you can see, there should be plenty of irrigation now:
GEDC07332.JPG
GEDC0735.JPG
GEDC07342.JPG

There is also a 2'x2' scrog that i have built and placed inside the Box to aid in increasing my yield with each plant:
GEDC07323.JPG
GEDC07362.JPG
GEDC07372.JPG
GEDC07382.JPG

And that is where we are at so far :420: !!!

I am particularly excited for this strain as i have had it just over the summer and it was some of the finest smoke i've had in a long time, except for my Capn-Style White Widow i'm smoking on now. Best smoke i've ever had!

Thanks to everyone who subscribes and tags along for this journal! I am currently working on another journal that i will finish and finalize later this evening and send invites to.

Also, keep an eye out for my upcoming MONSTER RDWC Build that will be taking place most likely tomorrow evening.

Stay medicated everyone!

GreenThumb J out!

re: GreenThumb J's 1000W GrowBox "Producer" 2x Pink Kush

hell yea - sweet intro so clear and informative. Super cool box. I missed your last one glad im here first on this one. I know I will learn a lot from this journal.

cant wait for your MONSTER RDWC

I'm going to actually start the cutting of it all tonight!! So stay tuned!

sweet good luck - always fun projects.....

haha you know it!

The GF and i just finished playing some video games, now she's off to bed.. time to cut and drill and put things together!!

Subscribed GreenThumb J, I'll be waiting for the word on your other journals.

Can I get a PM of your grow shop web site?

Thank you.

haha you know it!

The GF and i just finished playing some video games, now she's off to bed.. time to cut and drill and put things together!!

this is when I do most of my work also - Not that she doesnt let me - I just like to make her priority numero uno - Nice to see you do the same!!!

now that you have used the box for a bit

how hard would it be to build one?? are the electronics available for individual purchase?

Good mornning GreenthumbJ - How is the cutting going? probly on assembly by now lol :)

Funny you should ask.. I actually fucked up my last hole i was drilling!! so i have to go get a new garbage can for a control reservoir.

I went on Target Canada's website.. and you cant see any products they offer in store!! Like seriously? what the fuck is that? i can go on walmart, home deport, lowes, Rona.. whatever website, and each one tells me their products they sell and for how much.. but Target doesnt?

seems a little fucking weird to me.

as soon as i return from buying what i need to get, i will reply to your guys messages!!

60, i'll PM you the website of where i get all my grow gear

Funny you should ask.. I actually fucked up my last hole i was drilling!! so i have to go get a new garbage can for a control reservoir.

I went on Target Canada's website.. and you cant see any products they offer in store!! Like seriously? what the fuck is that? i can go on walmart, home deport, lowes, Rona.. whatever website, and each one tells me their products they sell and for how much.. but Target doesnt?

seems a little fucking weird to me.

what a bummer - isnt that how it always work - something easy turns into a pain -

like oh i just need to put this one screw in - then you cant find a screw - battery is dead - go to charge it the dog chewed to cord and now it 11 o clock and all the stores are closed -

same damn thing different day hahahaha :)

gotta love life - keeps us on our toes hahaha

what a bummer - isnt that how it always work - something easy turns into a pain -

like oh i just need to put this one screw in - then you cant find a screw - battery is dead - go to charge it the dog chewed to cord and now it 11 o clock and all the stores are closed -

same damn thing different day hahahaha :)

gotta love life - keeps us on our toes hahaha

True story! it was like 230am when i screwed up the hole in my control res... I was like "okay i'm done this bullshit!! time to trim some plants instead!!"

Subbed. Nice setup Greenthumb!

Thank you Sharky, and Welcome to :420: !! you've stumbled across the best forum for cannabis growers on the planet.. great group of people here!

Check out my other journals for a glimpse of my entire set up.. its a WHOLE lot more than the growbox!

Top notch as always GT!

I think those scrogs you built will be perfect keeping the buds off the lights. I'll be following along as usual.....

What up j subbed.

Hey DK! just building my Monster RDWC right now actually.. all my holes are drilled, my PVC is cut, just need to finish the return line with the water pump and all that, and i'm ready for a dry run before i cement it all together!

Its gona be massive! Probably about 30gals of nutrient solution per res change!! its going to be a lot of work! But i have a feeling the payoff from this system will be enormous!

Very nice set up!

Thanks and welcome to the latest show! Like i said above to Dusty, i'm currently building probably the largest RDWC on the forum right now. I'm hoping that each plant pulls 1.5lbs dried for a goal of 3lbs per harvest from the 2-plant system. My buddy Cannabis 1 who i am doing a side by side grow with this system, already has his running, with two monster plants in there! check out his abandoned journal in his signature above!

Top notch as always GT!

I think those scrogs you built will be perfect keeping the buds off the lights. I'll be following along as usual.....

It wouldn't be the same journal without you buddy. As you will read, i'm getting this RDWC set up tonight.. Lady GT and I are done playing Borderlands and she is off to bed, so its time to start building some shit! I'll save the CoD for later!!

I am going to do a set up article in the sub forum. When you think you can get a bean order in for the side by side?

Back
Top Bottom