Colorfuldayze Aug-Dec 2014 Auto Grow

colorfuldayze

Welcome.

This is my first journal. It starts with today, reflects on yesterday, a smidge, and looks forward to tomorrow. All thoughts and expressions cannabis are welcome here!

Strain: Alaskan Mutt (my own hybrid self-crossed Northern Lights x Afghan x Ruderalis Skunk after 7 gens)
Origin of Seed: Europe
Medium: Soil
Nutrients/Water: tap water and...sorry (here come the rotten tomatoes but I'm thinkin' and changin')...MG rose feed and sweet lime
Conditions: always less than optimal this grow
Light: CFLs to flower then 400W HPs to today

Today is day 114. Water to seeds on August 23, 2014. This strain likes to take its time and still has a lot of phenotypes to consider = more work for me.
This grow would have failed if it wasn't for all of you and this community...so....cheers and thank you!

My priority moving forward is to plant again in February, improve on the current, and then to attempt an outdoor/greenhouse grow in summer 2015 - and maybe some other schtuff :)

Colorful dayze to all. As of 12-15-14:

colorfuldayze1_dec15_2014_garden.JPG
colorfuldayze2_dec15_2014_bud.JPG
colorfuldayze3_dec15_2014_just_in_time_for_Christmas.JPG
colorfuldayze5_dec15_2014_bonsai.JPG
colorfuldayze6_dec15_2014_otherside_of_the_tracks.JPG
colorfuldayze8_dec15_2014_smile_everybody.JPG

And with that I wish you a colorful day. I really like growing CANNABIS!

Good day to all. Post two and this is officially my longest running journal yet! :)

:Namaste: and :welcome: to all.

I'm just realizing that I set page one up last night at 1:30am. I was so tired last night but I made myself promise to get a journal started and I'm thankful I finally got it done. I have so much to learn and improve on. As do we all, I love culturing and working with the cannabis plant. I also love taking pictures of cannabis. Right now I'm still relying on my phone camera since my digital one is out of service. While an extremely useful tool in the grow room, I've learned that the downside to the phone camera is its limitations to taking quality clear pictures with the harsh HPS light. Hopefully by my Feb. grow I'll have my old reliable digital working again.

This journal is going to be a little walk through the recent past and eventually back to the future as I am approaching harvest for several plants in days and the remainder will be chopped w/in 8-10 days max. I will be traveling in January so it has to come down no matter what.

I'm also going to be setting up a brand new grow room in the workshop in February since my wonderful patient wife would like to have her guest room back :) I'm looking forward to building it and sharing the experience with all of you.

There is a can of rotten tomatoes right here that I'll keep full for any and all to lob one at my snafus and botches. The most direct hits may earn a door prize lol!

I nearly killed these plants at least twice over at every growth stage. I did a few things different than my previous grows. The two biggest factors were the grow room and its inherent conditions and the soil container size. I went with small containers with the rationale that I'd take overwatering out of the equation. Honestly I never 'underwatered' however I think the price I paid in the end is that the plants had to provide the same about of nutrient needs with way less root structure; and subsequently salination and pH issues were exaggerated...to say the least. The other curve ball is that my location on the planet continues to experience the warmest November and December temperatures on record. Normally by Nov. 01 the outside temps range around 0-15 degF day and night and an open window w/ fans would be sufficient air control. However, it has been averaging in the 20s and 30sF and my RH and temp. were wicked all over the place...like 90F day and 58F night - how messed up is that.

So that's just the tip of the iceberg of my gro-woes but the best part is all of you and this community which resulted in me being able to figure a few things out, get the plants stabilized, and making some harvestable medicine to get me through until next year.

Here are some photos from October 15, 2014 which would have marked day 53 from putting water to seeds. Thank you again for your interest. All thoughts cannabis are welcome here. All the best to each of you and cheers!

:Namaste:
colorfuldayze1_oct15_2014.JPG
colorfuldayze2_oct15_2014.JPG
colorfuldayze3_oct15_2014.JPG
colorfuldayze4_oct15_2014.JPG
colorfuldayze5_oct15_2014.JPG

I personally love seeing strains produced by non commercial individuals, so that alone has me subbing, but your plants all look green and beautiful despite what you may have done to them =p
I've got my bubbler and a rocking chair, I'm here for the long haul!

hello there - ill take a seat next to Jinn - Hes a great guy!

Plants are looking good :) cant wait to see what your future holds here :)

I'll just take this seat in the front row if that ok. Looking good mate

More than welcome to sits next to us - we dont bite - At least i dont - Jinn, who knows :) haha :)

I personally love seeing strains produced by non commercial individuals, so that alone has me subbing, but your plants all look green and beautiful despite what you may have done to them =p
I've got my bubbler and a rocking chair, I'm here for the long haul!

Welcome Jinn, thank you for coming. Please make yourself comfortable and welcome all bubblers, rocking chairs, and yes, even biters! lol Welcome also mrrobert420 and wildwelshman, thank you for your kind thoughts and interest.

Welcome Jinn, thank you for coming. Please make yourself comfortable and welcome all bubblers, rocking chairs, and yes, even biters! lol Welcome also mrrobert420 and wildwelshman, thank you for your kind thoughts and interest.

you have good group here already - now lets see if we dont muck up your journal too much with the flabby gabby lol :) slap us if necessary lol

those are huge tree for those small pots :).....3 gallons?

those are huge tree for those small pots :).....3 gallons?

Hi mrrobert, I do have some lumber in there huh? I could probably make some siding boards with the trunks. I'm thankful that you guys are here and already helping with laying some ground rules...so fyi all, it appears that slapping and biting are allowed (at least in the front row seats) :)

The pots are a couple different sizes and shapes but they are all pretty close to 1.25-1.5 gallon. I potted the sprouted seeds right in to these pots 114 days ago. I intentionally didn't change it up and repot simply because I wanted to see how the plants would respond to this approach. My thoughts are that overall, although it was to some degree easier to manage, it hurt the plants' potential, productivity, and resilience to imbalances which were also much more exaggerated. While it was easier to flush them, I had to do it often (every 10-14 days) and then it always set the plants back. For my next gro I'm thinking of making better use of my vertical real estate and transplanting at flower onset into taller and slightly bigger diameter pots for the finish instead of going w/ one pot from start to finish. Cheers

In the future if you step away from soil, and choose to go hempy, you can grow in the same size containers the entire time. With no adverse effects on the size, health, or yield of the plant.

Lots of of familiar faces in here. Hope you don't mind I crash the party. Those colas are awesome. :goodjob:
Hiya Subnoise, crash away sir and a sincere welcome to you. Thank you for coming and :Namaste: on the colas.

In the future if you step away from soil, and choose to go hempy, you can grow in the same size containers the entire time. With no adverse effects on the size, health, or yield of the plant.

Thanks jinn, that is great to know moving forward. After lurking over your, too old's and others' efforts I am definitely going to include a perlite hempy medium in my next gro.

:thanks:

in!

About damn time I get to read your journal!! :) Great job brother. I'm subbed!

Hiya Beateo, I promised myself I wasn't going to let another day slip by without sharing. Thanks to being inspired by so many great colleagues here. Cheers to you B, welcome and thank you for coming!

Hi Seraphim, welcome sir. I'm glad to see you here and thanks for coming!

Hi mrrobert, I'm thankful that you guys are here and already helping with laying some ground rules...so fyi all, it appears that slapping and biting are allowed (at least in the front row seats) :)

i almost literally pissed my pants laughing at this - Im in my office and its quiet in here and i just start laughing hysterically hahaha - My employees are like WTF?? lol

such good time here hahaha

Wow those buckets are smaller than i thought? Good tips on the Hempy Jinn :)

Back
Top Bottom