GreenKitty's 2nd Grow - Shining Silver Haze by RQS - CFL - Soil

GreenKitty

Welcome to my 2nd grow :3

As the seed has arrived just 2 days before Christmas and I just put it on the soil I guess she'll break ground just by new years, which will be really cool :) This one will NOT be an auto like my first grow.

Information from the seed bank and Q&A

Info:

THC: 21%

CBD: Medium

Height Indoor 80 - 120 cm

Flowering time 9-10 weeks

Q: What strain is it?
A: Shining Silver Haze by RoyalQueenSeeds

Q: Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
A: Type Sativa 75% / Indica 25%
Genetic Background- Haze x (Skunk x Northern Light)

Q: Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
A: Hasn't broken ground yet :3

Q: Indoor or outdoor?
A: Indoor

Q: What is your soil?
A: Atami Janeco Light Mix

Q: What size pot?
A: 4.7 galon pot

Q: Size of light?
A: 2 x 23W 6700k + 3 x 20W 2700k

Q: What food?
A: Will start food at about 3 weeks with Atami B'Cuzz Coco A+B, probably with 0.5ml each for first feed and increase 0.25ml on other 2 feeds and top off at 1.2ml after 4 feeds. But depends on how the plant responds, might increase or decrease the dosages.

What came in the box?

I ordered the seed plus some smoking paper and a grinder, I really like their packaging here's what I got:

WP_000644.jpg

The three main items.

WP_000645.jpg

They also sent 3 little things to put on the soil to identify the plant, a sticker (the black on lower right) and fridge magnet (on top right).

WP_000646.jpg

They also sent a catalogue or their seeds.

Seed + Soil = Happy days

I used the remaining of their Easy Start kit I used in my first grow, it's little pots and then there's a powder that you mix with water, put the pot in the water, put the seed on the soil mix and then wait for sprouting.

WP_000652.jpg

Here she is all cozy in that warm, moist soil mix.

WP_000653.jpg

Here's her little sprouting house.

The Beginning of my 2nd Adventure

And so begins my second grow, I hope I can beat the 47/48 grams I had on my first grow which you can visit on the link in my signature, I used the same soil and same food that I'm going to use on this one, same sprouting little house and same vase, only difference is I'm getting another 2700k 20W bulb this time around to top just 100w of lights.

I'm going to use 18/6 during veg and then 12/12 as this is NOT and auto. I'll have to turn the lights manualy on and off during this first month because it's christmas and budget is tight, but I did that during my whole 1st grow so it'll fine ^^

I hope you guys come along and join me in this little adventure, I truly have found great pleasure and joy on growing cannabis, and not because of the end product of which I actually only smoked once from my last grow (in my life).

See you on the next update, or comment reply, or whatever ^^

:welcome::Namaste::peace::circle-of-love::cheer::thanks:

Hey guys and girls, merry Christmas :)

Also I separated each sides of the little mix of the Easy Start pot, we have lift off! She sprouted over the night :D

WP_000656.jpg

Now I won't touch her anymore, should be about 3-4 days for she to break ground, what a timing, sprouting over Christmas eve and breaking ground over New Year's :)

:welcome: Welcome everyone that has joined! :circle-of-love:

I have an update! These early days are so exciting! :)

WP_000660.jpg

You see her little tail? Well she was asking for a transplant so I gave her one.

WP_000661.jpg

She's in there you know... Somewhere :p

WP_0006621.jpg

She's looking like a strong one, plowing through the little beginner mix thing and now on the soil she's going to expand so fast!

You can check the soil mix on the first post of this thread, I'm not fedding anything of course, I just put the soil in the pot and watered it a loooooot to make sure there weren't any dry patches of dirt that would affect root development, then I left the pot outside so I didn't bring tons of run off water inside and did the transplant :)

I'm going to call her Lady Groot, because of her weird shape, she looks like she's dancing like little groot on the end of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Yes I'm a lady nerd :3

Hope you guys liked the update! Thanks for your support :love:

EDIT: On the PH of the water that I used - I used normal water out of the faucet to water the dirt, after that had run off, I put about 3 liters of bottled water, the water out of the faucet has a ph of about 6.9-7, the PH of the bottled water is about 6, I was trying to make the medium have a ph of 6.2 to 6.7, I measured it with some PH measuring paper and it got about a 6 and something, we'll see how she develops, on later stages I want to raise the PH slowly to make her drink normal tap water to reduce costs but when the time comes to raise the PH I'll do that slowly and see how she'll react and either stop or continue :)

Hey guys, Lady Groot just got out of her little shell! :)

WP_000664-1.jpg

I have just one 21 watt 6700k on her for now, should add one when the second set of leafs start showing up. With such a low surface area for now I don't think there should be much difference in 1 vs 2 bulbs. Correct me if I'm wrong. This is also a bit of me trying to be more efficient with the lights. But my theory of the surface area not being big enough for it to make much difference in this early stage might be wrong xD

Day 6.

First some close ups of how she's doing.

WP_0006701.jpg

This one and the ones before will be part of a daily photo thing I want to do to in the end of the grow try and make a time-lapse GIF or something ^^

WP_0006721.jpg

There's 2 little baby leafs incoming :3

WP_0006741.jpg

In here you can see how close I have my light on her. It's winter and the enclosure is too small for me to have a heater inside. Also I lost the humidity/temperature monitor but I'll probably buy a new one soon. The enclosure is in the corner of the room, because of the walls that are made of actual bricks (so the US people know), and because of that the walls are really cold, so Lady Groot is probably a little cold there. I have the room heated though so it's probably around 15ºC, that's a little cold, so the light is also really close to provide heat to the plant.

One thing I noticed twice now is that she had some water on the leafs, like sweat, I don't know what to think about this, I did some research and found some confusing stuff. I think it's because the temperature is low and there's condensation on the leafs but I'm not sure and getting someone from here telling me the risks of this would be great. I cleaned the water off before I took the photos but if it occurs another time I'll take a photo.

Stay tuned in guys, I might be getting a closet and fitting it with reflective material, doing some holes for ventilation, putting a heat source in there and having a much better living space for Lady Groot in this cold winter :)

Great news, just got a new home for Lady Groot! It's a second hand closet, the main compartment is 55cm deep, 95cm wide and 155cm tall, a huuuuuge upgrade from the little enclosure I made her that had less than half the space she has now on the closet.

Still haven't got mylar diamond reflector sheet to put on the inside but that should be coming over the next week!

WP_0006761.jpg

Cat for scale ^^

WP_0006791.jpg

Daily photo

Once I get the mylar reflectors the closet will be a nice bright cozy home for her. Right now temps are 16-18ºC and humidity at 50%.

Cool looking cat. Regarding your condensation problem, that will likely become more of a problem when the plant is bigger and the leaves start to trap the moisture in between layers. Try stop the temperature dropping below 18 ideally. I use a 120w cylinder heater that i got for less than £20. You can run it through a plug in thermostat or just leave it on permanently. I leave mine on permanently.

Back
Top Bottom