Sillysally's First Grow - Strawberry Blue & Blue Widow

sillysally

So this is my first grow so we will see how this all turns out! I am currently germinating both of my little nuggets in shot glasses. They've been in there for ~24hrs and I am already starting to seem some little tap roots poking their heads out :)
I am toying around with the idea of mainlining these 2 but I plan on seeing how things go and making some decisions when the time comes...

What strain is it? World of seeds Strawberry blue and Dinafem Blue widow
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Strawberry blue: Sativa dominant, Blue widow: Indica dominant
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Germinating as we speak...
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox farms ocean forest/perlite mix
If soil... What size pot? Will be starting in a solo cup then moving up to a ~5 gal container
Size of light? 400 watt MH/HPS
Is it aircooled? No my grow room runs a bit chilly
Temp of Room/cab? ~55 F, will be using the light, +/-space heater to keep my temps up
RH of Room/cab? ~40%
PH of media or res? Unknown
Any Pests ? Lets hope not
How often are you watering? prn
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox farms trio

9ApLVgBl.jpg

re: Sillysally's First Grow - Strawberry Blue & Blue Widow

Very nice start. Looks like your grow plan you got in place will do just fine.

re: Sillysally's First Grow - Strawberry Blue & Blue Widow

Subbed. My first ever grow was with FF ocean forest and the trio...you can of course get even better results with more complex regimes but FF is a great place tostart! Keep your RH down and dont over water and it's just set it and forget it! Don't be scared to prune and train! They can handle a lot of stress and the end results are vastly improved! Good luck!

A little more than 12 hours later and here we are....
Blue Widow...
J238WwDl.jpg

Strawberry Blue...
LtGcFBfl.jpg

I picked up a humidifier today because my humidity has been hovering right around 20%. Gonna check and see where I'm at as far as humidity after it has been up and running for a bit. Still need to figure out my space heater situation though. My temps are between 75-80 with the MH light running 24 hours, but I am gonna want to decrease to an 18/6 schedule which is definitely gonna throw my temps into the 50's during that 6 hour period. Is that too chilly for them?

Subbed.
50 is a bit cold.

Yeah I'm growing in a walk in closet under the stairs in my basement and there was a bunch of cold dead space directly under the stairs with exposed concrete block. My boyfriend made a little makeshift wall to block off that area and I'm going to see how that affects my lights off temps. If they are still lower than 60 I'm going to place a space heater on a timer during the lights off period. We'll see how it goes...

Mind if I have a seat? Don't you love the thrill of having a front row seat to the dance of life? You're off to a good start. May the journey be smooth.

So here we are about 9 days after sprouting. My crappy little cell camera definitely makes them look more yellow in the photos than they actully are. The BW is definitely growing a bit more than the SB but she isn't too far behind. SB is definitely a lot shorter though.

My little seedling setup (Blue Widow on the left, Strawberry Blue)
2015-01-08_07_37_05.jpg

Blue Widow close up
2015-01-08_07_37_12.jpg

Strawberry Blue close up
2015-01-08_07_37_19.jpg

So I'm having some issues now...
The Strawberry Blue's leaves are starting to yellow then turn brown and die. I'm not sure if this is nutrient burn? They're in a perlite FFOF mixture. HALP!
2015-01-12_19_31_47_1_.jpg
2015-01-12_19_31_34.jpg

The Blue Widow seems to be doing ok, but the first set of true leaves was curling under a bit. I thought might be overwatering so I was letting it dry out a bit. Thoughts?
2015-01-12_19_31_55.jpg

Back
Top Bottom