Triggle & the Mrs. Perpetual - CFL - Soil - Coco - Photo/Auto - Medical Madness 2014

Starting my journal here, basic info, new pics and transplant update to follow soon
Hawaiian Snow (Clone)
Sativa
Soil, Indoor Micro, Sungro 340 mix, finishing in 3.5gal pot

7x23w 6500K CFL
4x11w 6500K
4x42w 2700K

77.2*F @ 31%RH

20141218_115915.jpg
20141219_163728.jpg
20141217_202437.jpg

re: Triggle & the Mrs.-Perpetual CFL/Soil/Coco/Photo/Auto-Medical Madness 2014-&infin

I love your light set up, did you make those light fittings or salvage them from somewhere? I could do with something similar. I'll check back for the rest of the grow info. good luck!

re: Triggle & the Mrs.-Perpetual CFL/Soil/Coco/Photo/Auto-Medical Madness 2014-&infin

I love your light set up, did you make those light fittings or salvage them from somewhere? I could do with something similar. I'll check back for the rest of the grow info. good luck!

Thanks for checking it out, this box is a little crude but I went for max recycling. All of the fixtures are from a local ReStore. Including light bulbs this box cost $76.

Hey folks,
Update: Decided to hold off on transplant..there is plenty of room I just don't like my current medium consistency, it gets a little muddy and is too fine. I'm just going to keep it on the drier side of things.

Instead I just defoliated and did some LST. Transplant will likely be just after she turns upward. Anyways, have a great week!

Trig
20141228_170218.jpg
20141228_170147.jpg
20141228_170107.jpg
20141228_170053.jpg

Hey folks,

I have a humidity question...went from a steady ~30% to 17% today. Just watered on Monday. Also did some more defoliation on Monday as well as more LST. Obviously I can just put a humidifier in there but I'm more wondering about the cause...decreased pN due to stress leading to reduced transpiration maybe?

temps are constant and equal inside/outside of grow box at 77.2* and RH of intake air is 30%...

thanks for any ideas..

Trig

Dusty, thanks for stopping in. I gave them a squirting this morning as it was 17 and trending down, I'm back up to 22 now but been steady for a while. Going to dig for some more CFL stories with similar issues

Looking good mate, not sure about your humidity problem.... No changes in extraction? I didn't extract any air during the first 5 weeks, to keep it nice and humid, I just recirculated within the tent. Now I'm late into flower I extract through a filter and its made the tent very dry.

Looking good mate, not sure about your humidity problem.... No changes in extraction? I didn't extract any air during the first 5 weeks, to keep it nice and humid, I just recirculated within the tent. Now I'm late into flower I extract through a filter and its made the tent very dry.

Gaz,
Thanks for stopping by! I definitely didn't change anything about my extraction. I suppose you would call it a passive circulation system. The box is much taller than it is wide so, when the lights are on, the heat rising from the bulbs exits the vent at the top and creates negative pressure inside the box and thus draws "cold" air in through the intake at the bottom of the box. The vents are fully adjustable but I typically just run them wide open. I have a 6" fan inside the box keeping things stirred up...

I think what has happened is much simpler than I was originally thinking. The temps dropped here recently to single digits and highs in the teens, I think it just froze all of the moisture out of the air. I have stabilized at 22% which is perfectly acceptable for me. We'll see what happens when the weather warms back up a little.

Happy New Year!
Trig

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this, she's looking mighty sexy, how long are you planning on vegging? I'm gonna be growing some Sativa dominant strains in a small space soon, so it's gonna be nice to see how manageable they are. You built yourself a pretty badass cabinet as well. I would tend to agree with you on the humidity as well, we just hit a cold snap here and my humidity plummeted, I just feed her a little extra K in low humidity, in the form of seaweed and she seems to keeping going strong. Best of luck on your adventure!

Thanks for stopping by Thanks for stopping by Bubble! Sativa definitely not a guys first thought for a micro but my fiance prefers CBD rich strains so I figured I better give it a whirl. Also, a friend was over limit on babies so I got her for free and just as I completed the box...it was designed for autos but I figured this a great opportunity to work out the kinks and learn some things in the process.

I've never done micro grows before so I'm actually still trying to decide how long to veg. At least 2 more weeks I think. This strain is reported to be particularly unruly but she has responded to LST and high light intensity very well. Temps bumped by about 10* here today and I'm back up sitting pretty at 29% RH :)

I'm digging this cabinet too, for less than 80 bucks I think it's a winner. Version 2.0 will have some small changes but this one will always be my favorite I'm sure. Anyways, thanks again!

Trig

Thanks for sharing you mean Trig, I'm new to the world of growing, and love to see and learn from grows like yours. It's not exactly the same but I have a super small space, and any technique that keeps them under control is appreciated by me. The first strain I grew was a little more sativa Dom, she stretched about 3X her height barely fitting my space, my indica on the other hand only grew 2x her veg height. So I would say if it is sativa go a little shorter then normal and expect big stretch.

BGJ,
it's great to share ideas and experiences and I'm digging your journal as well! That sounds like the Sativa Stretch! Haha! I'm trying to avoid that with this girl so I have done 5 or six rounds of pruning, lots of LST and I also am way over on lumens for just one plant. I also have ran her on 18/6 from the start so that should cut down growth potential quite a bit. I've decided to transplant to finish pot on Thursday and then I will start flower on Saturday.

If all goes as planned, those strategies should be enough if I'm diligent! Looking forward to the ride here and with everybody else's journals! Lots of great cannabis being grown by 420 Magazine members right now.

Trig

Well, if all that doesn't work for you, I might wanna plan on going outdoors with my sativas, but that sound like it's gonna work amazing.

Oh man don't forget to update us when she switches over,she's gonna be a winner I think!

I agree that she'll be a winner, I just got a feelin'! Just got some FF Kangaroots that I will be applying at transplant to help her get rolling and then it's straight to flower. Also will be switching spectrum over to 2700K for the majority, with a few 6500K to help the stragglers nodes along. My 2700K bulbs put off a great deal more heat at twice the wattage, might have a situation ahead...

Trig

Back
Top Bottom