Hortus's 2nd Grow - Veg T5 - Bloom 600W HPS

Hortus

Hey guys and girls really chuffed to be starting my second grow journal with y'all! I suppose it was inevitable since my first grow is well on its way "maybe a week into bloom"

Strain: amnesia seedling and a rouge vanilla haze clone
Veg time: planning to veg for 60days
Bloom: 70days
Substrate: soil mix with added perlite 60%/40%
Pot size: 2L lattice pot
Lights: veg 18/6 t5 HO twin 54w unit, bloom 12/12 600hps air cooled unit
Temps: 32c on 25c off
Water: when needed
Ferts: Grrr that's a sore subject I'm using a product from atami but am on the look out for a better fert line up.

So here's my new veg box. The dimensions are '45cm width' '70cm deep' '135cm long' I've fitted a t5 HO twin 54w in the centre set at its highest level and moved the plants closer to the light as they grow I'll lower there stand. There's a 6inch oscillating fan blowing across the t5s and the plants towards a 4inch extractor fan attached to a carbon filter.

image16957.jpg
image16958.jpg

So far I've got the original anemia seedling with 7 clones and 1 vanilla haze clone.

image16959.jpg
image16960.jpg

image16962.jpg
image16961.jpg

Re: Hortus's 2nd grow 'veg t5' 'bloom 600hps'

Also I'm kinda sure the seedling is a female but can anyone confirm?

image16965.jpg
image16963.jpg

Went ahead and started another phase of LST with the suspected female. Forgot to also say the clones are 18days old, transplanted then from 7cm clone pots to the 2L pots on day 14. The amnesia seedling is around 43 to 45 days old.

Peace out :420:

Update

The amnesia mother has recovered from the low stress training so I went ahead and defoliated her. She looks naked now! Give it a week I'll be taken the next lot of clones need to bulk up numbers to 30ish plant for two sog setups.

image17075.jpg
image17076.jpg

Hello 420 got a update for y'all.

DSC_008424.JPG
DSC_008519.JPG
DSC_007617.JPG

And here's the original amnesia seedling on day 57 I'm thinking about setting this plant under a 400w hps cool tube scrog setup.

DSC_008726.JPG
DSC_008129.JPG
DSC_005221.JPG

I'll put together a more detailed update once I'm 100% sure how I plan to bloom these clones.

I'm gonna blaze a nug or two :roorrip:

Currently I've got the mother under a 600w hps with 2 of her clones. I gave 7 of the oldest clones to a good friend and have since repotted the 7cm pots to 2ltr lattice pots.

DSC_03407.JPG

I'll end up turning one into a new mother and will put the rest into bloom once my first crop of ice cream is harvested in two weeks maximum then I'll probably zap them with the 600w mh just to bulk them up cause these t5 are slow...

So I've shut down the veg box with the t5s and moved to a 400w mh for a month then I'll select 6 for blooming.

The mother and two clones under a 600w hps that are already in bloom are on there 2nd week and are looking good.

DSC_04922.JPG
DSC_04912.JPG
DSC_04945.JPG
DSC_04936.JPG
DSC_04956.JPG
DSC_04964.JPG

Hello 420 got a update on what's going on with the amnesia mother and clones.

In the bloom cupboard, mother and 2 clones are looking great I reckon I'll be cropping in anther 28days

DSC_060911.JPG
DSC_060811.JPG
DSC_060714.JPG
DSC_060614.JPG

Here's the bonsai plants there nearly ready :)

DSC_060513.JPG

And the other clones in another cupboard under a 600w mh are well on there way to reaching the screen where I'm gonna 100% scrog the stretch period after I switch to 12/12

DSC_06119.JPG
DSC_06128.JPG

I'll post a list of what nutes/ratios I'm using later on.

:Namaste:

Hey gaz glad to have you here!

Thanks for the kind words not sure about any secrets I'd put it down to this great forum and the wealth of knowledge from all the members (also I'm a nurseryman so kinda got a advantage)

If you want any tips or one on one help please feel free to pm me.

To be fair not a great deal each space cost around £250 to £300 to set up,

600w ballast with 2 bulbs mh and hps
Air cooled hood
3 fans for air movement
300m3 extractor fan
Acoustic ducting
Carbon filter
Mylar sheeting

The smaller space is the same equipment list but minus a fan and the mylar sheeting.

I also kinda worked out what my electric usage per grow for 3 months is £166.90 give or take £20.

I'll try snap a few pics of the equipment to show the layouts.

Sweet, giddy up! Nice set up, looking forward to this. :bravo:

Hey Peter cheers bud, I'm proper stoked about theses grows when I first tried a nugget of this strain I knew I had to grow some then I found a seed in the grinder, the gods where certainly looking down on me that day :amen:

I'm currently on page 14/15 of your current journal it's making for some good reading, can't wait to see how the autos turned out.

DSC_06375.JPG
DSC_06364.JPG
DSC_06386.JPG
DSC_06426.JPG

Just a little defoliation hehe once I started in just couldn't stop!

Also pruned the mother and little, shall I hit it harder?

DSC_06273.JPG

Hey 420 hope you're all good on this fine day where having.

I made some hash the other week with my left overs form the last crop.

WOW this stuff is amazing I hate to say it but it's better than the actual weed lmao I mean this hash is getting me smashed giggle fits you name it. I think I've falling in love...

DSC_059324.JPG
DSC_060014.JPG
DSC_06135.JPG
DSC_001937.JPG

Buzzing for you mate! That hash looks so good! Not had stuff that looked like that since i went to Amsterdam! I can even smell that beautiful aroma just reminiscing about it!

Just wondering why you shut down the T5 lights and moved to a 400W?

Things are looking really healthy and progress seems good. How long have you been growing plants mate, not just ganja either, any type of plants? My oldest plant is 11 years old, a peace lily I got when i moved into my first house!

Thanks mate your not wrong the aroma is enough to get your mouth watering! Smokes wonderfully as well, I've had similar looking hash/pollen of the streets but nothing compared to this homemade black gold :)

Amsterdam is on my list of places to go from what I've heard though colorado is the new dam one day I'd love to visit the legal grow facilities they have maybe even drop my resume off....

Its funny you asked about the t5 veg box the other day I brought it back into action but with a 300w 6400k cfl for vegging. I originally moved up to the 400w mh mainly cause that closet had become available. Also they were due to go up a pot size and wouldn't fit.

I also feel that the growth was slow compared to the 400w don't get me wrong I was getting great results with them nice tight node spacing, and definitely will use again in a bigger veg box I'd imagine.

I'm really chuffed with the current grows I'm hoping to beat my first grow of 3.75oz per plant fingers crossed!

It seems like only the other day when I first started working with plants but in reality it's been 15 years coming onto my 16th it's in my blood, my mother and her father are very keen gardeners so picked up loads from them over the years to a point now where I'm a head nurseryman/plantmans for a very successful nursery. My personal plant collection is way over 500 species, sub species and varieties.

Now the hard part is I'm really stuck on what's the oldest I'm thinking it may be one of my old world primulas that where passed down to me by my great gran that she collected from the wild over 40 years ago. Stunning little plants there just coming into flower now I beleave.

On the ganja front only 5months :blunt:

Never owned a peace lily gorgeous plants I may look into getting one kinda going through a orcid stage atm very expensive game they are!

Time to go flush the girls, this weekend I'll be flipping to 12/12 in the big closet and the week after I'll be harvesting the small closet.

Oh happy days amigos

Heres some pics of all the grows I'm a little pissed off with the bag seed I call amns... Its dropped a few male flowers I thought I'd picked em all off but some must have already shot there load! Finding seeds so Ive culled the clones and will be germinating a feminised incredible bulk seed from Dr krippling and a strawberry blue from world of seeds then take new clones.

DSC_008624.JPG
DSC_008727.JPG
DSC_008822.JPG
DSC_008925.JPG
DSC_009426.JPG
DSC_009323.JPG
DSC_009022.JPG
DSC_009124.JPG

I've repotted the auto seedlings to a new substrate and watered lightly with ph'd water, I'll just go take a few snaps

Back
Top Bottom