Chimpa's Revenge!

What strains are they? In detail,

(1) G13 Labs Pineapple Express fem seed. This seed looked different than the other two I have left, and I got two of these free, so I'm hoping this seed is the one from the original 5 seeds I bought because that weed was tasty and grew good.

(1) Magus Genetics Warlock fem seed. Count this one out even though I'm germinating it anyway. I saw the seam of the seed was open, squeezed it lightly, and saw the seam open more which means it's probably a dud.

(1) Medical Seeds 1024 fem seed. This seed was pale but it looks to me like it has a good chance of opening up.

(1) Dutch Passion original "Flo" (or as Buckshot fondly "reefers" to it, the original "No") fem seed. This one was also a bit pale, but again I think it has a decent chance of opening up.

(1) Dutch Passion The Ultimate fem seed. Very small seed but healthier looking; good chance of opening up.

(1) Sativa Seedbank Raspberry Cough fem seed. Worse looking of the two seeds I have, but looks good. I should have saved them both to go with my Maui Wowie grow.

Are they Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrids.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Started seeds germinating today.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4 Advanced.

If soil... What size pot? 6" at first, then I'll transplant to 2 or 3 gallon pots.

Size of lights? This will vary depending depending on open space, but CFL or fluorescent; maybe MH/HPS for veg (18/6) and 400 or 600 watt HPS for flower (12/12).

Is it aircooled? 8" inline fan with air cooled reflector.

Temp of Room/cab? around 72 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 43%.

PH of media or res? Don't check.

Any Pests ? No.

How often are you watering? I expect to water and feed alternately 2 times a week.

Type and strength of ferts used? Probably a simple manure or compost tea; maybe a combination of both.

I gave this grow the name because I grew all of these before at different times, but did not do well with them. Flo, Warlock, and Ultimate were all grown together. Pineapple Express was a full 5 plant grow I did that I want more of, but I was a beginner and wanted to save the rest of my seeds until I got a little better at this. I overfed Raspberry Cough the first time and it didn't do well or yield much, and 1024 was a good yielder even though it was only like my second grow. I've wondered since how it would do in a decent environment and now I'm going to find out (if the seed lives; to be honest I've had most of them long enough that none of them look good). I'm not sure how long I'm going to veg, but it depends on size. I'll post pics when the seeds come up from the soilless.

Note: Cool the Warlock seed popped a tail :)
It, the Pineapple Express seed, and the original Flo seed are opened and showing white through the crack. I may be putting these in the soilless mix tonight or tomorrow; probably in 4" or 5" plastic pots. Post pics soon.

Note: I put these straight into a one gallon pot to avoid the first transplant. They are in SSM#4 Advanced and I decided to do veg with the 250 watt MH/HPS setup at 18/6, but still haven't decided on nutes. More than likely I'll choose between FF and GO for nutes; the only area I have left open to do compost teas is getting under 50 degrees F at night, so I'll skip bubbling them up until Spring.
The Warlock seed didn't get any bigger as far as the tail protruding out of the open shell more or getting longer, and that tail looks a tiny bit yellow so it's not out of the woods yet. The rest of the seeds got longer and looked healthy so I planted them about 1/4" to 3/8" deep.

Note: The tail on the Warlock seed didn't grow out any more, and upon washing it out of the top part of the soil and inspecting it I saw it was brown. I've had a few seedlings do that before, crack open and have the tail come out but die after. So that plant is officially out of the grow. :(
I looked through my bag of seeds and saw a few strains (didn't look through my freebies; would've saw a few more), the closest to what I would consider retribution being a seed I planted that did the same thing as the Warlock one did. This strain is Reserva Privada - Tora Bora (fem seed), and I put it directly into the same pot and soilless that the Warlock was in about 3/8" deep this morning. It's going to be my replacement strain to keep this a 6 plant grow. :) First pic (not much to see yet):

0012129.JPG

Note: I put a DIY odor control/fan assembly in the tent these are in yesterday. The reason I did it is because cold outdoor temps in my area are making the inline fan that cools my light reflectors unnecessary. The units were too cool running it with 250 watt bulbs, and when I shut that inline fan off this unit got to 84.4 degrees F in a short time. Since that was one of the colder days, I don't want this unit to get above 85 degrees F on a warmer one, so I put that assembly in and the unit runs at a good temp without the 8" inline that cooled both 250s. I switched the lighting schedule to 24/0, and I'm going to do this for at least a few weeks. Post pics soon.

Notes: Talk about a bad start for a retribution grow I fed these for the first time two days ago and the 1024, Ultimate, and the Raspberry Cough all are showing the same overwatering signs as the original Flo. They're a decent size, but I still need to figure out how to bring up temps like I did in my other unit without bringing them up too much. They'll be going into that other unit soon (8-10 days). I'll get a pic up soon to see if the feeding did any good or did harm.
The feeding was FF week 3, I did 4 tsp of the Big Bloom, 1 tsp of the Grow Big, and 2 tsp of the Tiger Bloom (less than what the schedule calls for), and I don't use any of the newer stuff they added to the program except Bemba (used in flowering). I added 1 tsp of CalMag to the RO water also. I didn't feed the Tora Bora plant because it doesn't look like it needs it and I gave Flo half the amount I gave the rest of the plants and followed it up with water to make it a half dose feeding.

Notes: Still fighting low temps. I'm gonna have to do some digging and find my other seed starter mat to put under these. I'm getting low 60's in this tent during the day with the 250 watt light on 24/0 (measuring air temperature just above the plant tops). I also need to get the plants lowered (I can't raise the light because the tent's too short). You can see they're having a rough start:

0041915.JPG
0051802.JPG

I'll get them going. In about a week or more, they'll be going into the warmer and taller unit, so hopefully the problem will be solved.

Nice!!!...

Maybe I should make me a rule of thumb for shade leaf removal :hmmmm: Take them off every 3rd row of branches formed. These lowers from this Flo plant are weak. I think it's partly due to the strain or pheno; some plants just grow more spindly. But it looks weak too from being under a shade leaf (see the moisture on it? I get dead spots on the leaves from that):

0022143.JPG

I cleared the shade leaves off of this Ultimate plant a few days ago, and the new branches look healthier:

0032047.JPG

Here they all are; same arrangement as in the previous group pic:

0012172.JPG

I'll be giving these a feeding as soon as the pots are dry again.

Got it now :thumb: I'll just simply look. A side view of these tells me exactly when to remove the shade leaves. The CFLs keep them short, so once the branches start to grow they grow into the bottom of the shade leaves. Just before any given pair of branches is about to grow into the bottom of the leaf, break it off. I'll get pics up as soon as I can.

Back
Top Bottom