Paddy Goes Auto for the Winter

ok , welcome to my new venture , i am going auto for the winter due to not being able to keep plants where i normally grow

My soil mix is 35% soil from worm castings
50% perlite
15% Irish peat moss

home made nutes ,TEA 1 =3 types of seaweed extract , molasses , ebsoms salts some added Nitrogen for grow
TEA 2= 3types of seaweed extract, molasses , ebsoms salts some added PK for flower

lights 3 x 250w hps , lights 20/4 will come on 2 hours apart and off 1 hour apart ( experiment ) trying to make it like a proper days sun if that make sense and because they are autos they should be fine

I have 3 x blue amnesia xxl feminised
2 x lemon haze regular
3 x bubba cheese regular
hoping to breed more autos and cross the strains
had 2 x moby dick and 1 lemon haze ate by a mice as soon as they popped their head up , not the best start ever , so ive had to put the tops and bottoms of some plastic bottles over them to protect them and set 6 spring traps for the little fecker !!

P1060241.JPG

I'm on board mate.

It's good to see you are keeping the temperatures up too as it's almost freezing at night. I have a small tube heater in my tents but still have to put a fan heater on outside the tent to keep a reasonable temperature during the night. I imagine it's a bit colder for you.

I wish you luck with these mate.

Thanks mate , good to be back , yes its well cold . i bought some wooden floor underlay it keeps the heat in well , ill be buying the silver back stuff this week to double it up and it will give a good refection of the light plus my home made tent will be double insulated :high-five:

I'm along for the journey. Thinking I'm going to try autos a bit more and I want to try a regular, maybe try breeding it. Thanks for sharing!

Don't threaten me with a good time,, a couple hundred, wow, I'll help you spread them. :) Can you really do that with one plant, or would that be multiple? How about the genes, not sure if that is the correct term, but what I wonder is if you cross a reg auto male, with a fem auto, what do you get? Fem auto seeds, or just auto?

you would get regular autos , ( male and female but they would be stronger the feminised seeds ) with autos you can sex them after a couple to three weeks and kill the males or move them and gather the pollen as far as i am aware . i am going to cross one male over 2 females i got over 90 seeds of an auto before and didnt pollinate it proper so my guess would be roughly 200/300 lol i crossed a regular male with an auto female , grew a couple and they were nice buds, but not auto be lucky to get one auto out of them , you have to cross and back cross ect , it did my head in trying to read into it ... so i just took the easy option of getting regular autos,

mate get a wee 250w hps , get some short autos , get a smoke in about 9 weeks from it sprouts , handy for you , then in the spring find a nice spot in the country and just let nature take its coarse . say feck all to any one :high-five:

or you could exchange the misses to one who dont give a shit LOL ....:):):):):):rofl::rofl:

change of plan , due to crawling in and out of the roof space and burning my ear on a hps bulb every time i water i decided enough was enough , I wasnt enjoying the set up at all and it pissed me off

plan b= out in shed false roof to keep in the heat better , heavy duty wooden floor underlay on roof and floor also , didnt want to hang the 250watt lights because they hang too far down so i went with my trusty 600w and reflector , the problem is they are just sprouts , worried it might be a bit too much for them , its well up because im vegging another couple of plants at least 3 feet above them maybe even 3 and 1/2

give it few days see what happens , seeds where not great either when they popped , couple of twisted leaves .

plan b
the shed 8 feet high by 5 and 1/2 but i brought ceiling down to about 4 feet for more heat just by putting heat reflector up there

P1060267.JPG

P1060266_-_Copy.JPG
P1060266_-_Copy.JPG
P1060265.JPG
P1060262.JPG
P1060261.JPG
P1060263.JPG

Heavy duty wooden floor underlay , ill be putting this on ceiling also its great stuff
P1060260.JPG

put oil heater where i have a small extractor intake , hoping to heat the air as it comes in , the heat was 16/17 this morning lights off but ill turn intake off at night now so should get up to 20 lights off
P1060264.JPG

hope i havnt stunted growth , and i hope the 600w isnt too much for sprouts but ive no choice

my home made nutes/tea
3 seaweed types , egg shells , molasses , tea leaves, ebsoms salts, ill split it into 2 , add some nitrogen to 1 and some pk boost to the other

P1060257.JPG

Adapt and overcome -- good luck to your sprouts!:peace:

Thanks Peter they are looking happy enough today , starting to put their little leaves into the air and praying lol .... Going to dpo some clones off them other 2 plants my mate give me , think one is cheesy dick and the other pineapple chunk or something , he cant even remember him self

Good luck your self mate

Nice set up mate! First timer here, I was having some trouble with keeping my temps up as i started my 2 autos during November so its ran right through the winter months. Like you, got a couple oil heaters, put them on the outside at first as didn't want to risk over heating the plants. Seems to have worked and managed to keep them between 22-26 degrees. Please check my journal and let me know what you think, cheers! :peace:

Stainless - THC Bomb Auto (Indoor) - 2014-2015 - First Ever Grow Journal

Back
Top Bottom