Cheeba's - Perpetual NorthEast - Coco Coir - SOG

sweetcheeba

Howdy folks! How is everyone? It's been a minute but I'm back and in fine fashion. I was here a while ago with a 250w Kings Kush grow, since then I have popped a Chemdog seed and helped a couple homies with their grows. The reason I am posting before you is to document a 1600w perpetual system from the cozy and cold state of Maine. This is going to be conducted in coco and will be perpetual utilizing the sea-of-green method. My previous experience has been with hydro (water farms, dwc etc) but now I want to experiment with so I am giving coco a shot. We are coming online with hopes of legalization by 2016..but until then a brotha has gotta have his stress relief :smokin:

Here's the details:

400w Mh Custom Veg Cabinet w/ ballast+cool tube
4" inline fan with fan speed controller
4" Carbon Filter

2 600w HPS w/ Nanolux digital micro-ballasts
6" inline fan with fan speed controller
6" carbon filter
96"x48"x78" (8x4x7.5ft) 600D grow tent for flower
2 black ventilated hoods with built in mogel sockets and easy-access levers for cleaning
DIY table for each tray

What I aim to do is create a system where I harvest 12-15 plants every one-two weeks max. This will be achieved by maintaining quality mothers (bonsai of course) and a combination of 80/20 coco/perlite. Clones will be taken and planted in 1 gal bags which are then placed in Rubbermaid containers with hydroton. So far I have had success with GH's Flora series so I am going to give it a shot before I commit to changing to canna. Once clones have some vigor and reach 8-10" they are going in the flower chamber. Throughout this process they will be watered 2-3x a day to cut down on salt buildup and also to make the flush a little easier.

My my goal is to achieve 14g per plant-if I could do that Id be ecstatic. As of right now I plan to just do single cola's but I may try to top or fim one to see what happens. My genetics are as follows:

Maine MOB x Afghan
Maine MOB x G-13
Maine MOB x Super Skunk
Maine MOB x Strawberry Cough

To my understanding the original maine MOB was crossed with these already awesome strains and these are the result. According to the person who gave them to me (only avail in cuttings) they are 45day strains but they could go 55-60 depending on effect.

This thread wi be photo heavy and hopefully will house some useful information for those looking to do this themselves. I have only come across a limited amount of threads mentioning the original MOB but even less info on it. I plan to document (with both photos and words) everything from delivery boxes to setting stuff up. I've created an advanced edge spreadsheet that I am willing to share with anyone interested. Also planning to make some short 2-3minute video series on techniques such as cloning, transplanting, drying and more! So please post your questions/comments/recommendations and I will be sure to help in anyway that I can. Thanks for stopping in guys and enjoy the show :passitleft:

Hey Cheeba!

I like what you have going on here. Can't wait to see your setup! I'm also interested in harvesting at a more frequent pace. So I'll be watching carefully. Like a fly on the wall ;).

Best of luck.

I guess we shal see.

Hows it going guys? Been pretty busy lately but I wanted to provide you guys with an update. As of right now I am on my third week (almost a month) since receiving the clones. As of last week I cut down my mothers from 12 to a select 4 ( 2 M.O.B x SuperSkunk, M.O.B x Afghan and M.O.B x G13) and took 28 clones.

Although I have had multiple grows this is my first round of SOG and large-scale cloning. To me large scale is more than 10 at a time..but to each their own. Anyway, my method was rather 'basic' and I honestly expected at least half of them to die..but a miracle happened. For the first day they all wilted with the exception of maybe two:trance:. Next day I check them and same thing. After reading up I remembered I only lightly watered them upon transplant so I thought if I step up the watering game it might give me some results. Low and behold it worked. Around the fourth day over half had regained their vigor and by today I am seeing new sets emerging from the nodes. I will post a pictorial of my exact method on my next batch but it uses no hormones and limited space.

Now I have moved up to feeding the ladies on a 3ml/3ml/2.5 ml (both mothers and seedlings) per half gallon and they seem to be enjoying the change. Check it out and let me know what you think.

IMG_5529_zps8ec6252c.jpg

IMG_5532_zps192f019e.jpg

IMG_5533_zps5d514032.jpg

IMG_5534_zps6b0c4f77.jpg

IMG_5537_zps46905d4c.jpg

IMG_5539_zps9d9ada89.jpg

IMG_5541_zps6928c04d.jpg

IMG_5546_zpsae112bb0.jpg

^ 600w Micro Digital Ballasts :cheer:

IMG_5548_zps043eaf50.jpg

IMG_5549_zps619cb931.jpg

IMG_5550_zps053c5f57.jpg

^ Tent Construction

Quick update,

my my last batch of clones was barely rooting after the two weeks so with that said I changed my method. Instead of cutting and plopping them right into coco, I went from cut to root gel to rapid rooters to coco. This has been great. While I have also introduced a dome/heating pad into the equation I have roots from all but maybe two in less than 10 days.

I was was also recently gifted a couple NYSD clones. These have done very well so far and I hope to have some fine grade-a smoke from them when this is over.

As it stands I have thrown 12 clones into flower as of last Sunday. I took more cuts as I didn't expect so many to survive so that number may increase. Just maintaining and trying to dial in the nutes. I will post some pics with my new Nikon later just wanted to make sure some of you were still tuned in :p

These are the ladies in flowering. First tray is about two weeks in flower, second tray about a week. Root growth has exploded especially with the superskunk. Added a 1.5gal cool-mist humidifier because winters up here are dry. Watering every other day but that is going to change to daily starting this weekend. At a 4ml micro/1ml gro/5ml bloom with floralicious and CalMag (for flavor/known issues with coco) feed they are loving it and new growth is green with no signs of defeciency.. Light height is about 24" from tips and there's a noticeable stretch from skunk and a little from the afghan but the G13 is pretty tight from a nodal perspective.

I'll be sure to update more in the next couple days but until then heres something to keep you occupied.:tokin:

DSC_0056_zps191fc3de.jpg

DSC_0043_zps9d2b310d.jpg

DSC_0041_zps579aef17.jpg

DSC_0022_zps82d2f5e8.jpg

Strawberry cough/MOB clone I am nursing haha it was droopy now has new nodal growth.

DSC_0019_zpsb5dff748.jpg

Closeup of a mother..isn't she pretty :high-five:

DSC_0023_zps61915123.jpg

DSC_0024_zps2eda2245.jpg

Using this I feel definitely speeds up rooting. I haven't tried without the dome but there is a huge difference in my environment with compared to without it.

DSC_0026_zpsd40b9269.jpg

DSC_0065_zps6f8a4c80.jpg

Cool setup you got there! And some lovely strains, hope they do you well..
Thanks man! Much appreciated.

All looks well bud! Keep it up!:bravo::goodjob:
Hats off to you fellow farmer.

For those of you using Apollo Timers who are having issues look below..

I found recently that my timers (Apollo 9) were turning on/off randomly without reason. After alot of head scratching and research I came across a tidbit of information that I thought some may find useful. It says this nowhere in the online or physical manual by the way..

Those little circles on the right hand side (one dark circle and one outline of a circle) represent cycles. Solid is 'timed' and the circle outline is 'random'. This can be activated a number of different ways but if will force the lights to be on/off at random cycles -not sure who put this feature in there but it has no purpose for a grow environment IMHO-. Should you be experiencing weird or unorthodox scheduling, try the following steps before going mechanical/upgrading:

1. Disconnect timer from outlet and anything plugged into the timer itself
  2. Take a paper clip or pen and press the 'R' button on the front for 10 seconds
  3. Once the screen is on and reset, hold the 'clock' button and press the hour/minute buttons to set the current time
  4. From here hit 'prog' and set your on/off times
  5. Do this during lights on if you can! This is the part that is mentioned nowhere. If you set your program, select 'clock' so the time is displayed and plug in your item(s) into the timer and the timer to the outlet. If the light should be on during the time that your doing this *after* everything is plugged back in press the 'auto/on/off' button until the red light comes on and the screen says 'on'
  6. Once everything is on and in place press the 'auto/on/off' one more time so the screen reads 'auto' instead of 'on'
  7. If you are doing this during your lights off cycle, the key difference is plugging everything up and selecting 'off' instead of 'on' and then hitting the auto/on/off once more to bring it back to 'auto'. You will have to repeat this process by doing the opposite during lights on (once time is right select on, then hit button once more to bring back to auto')
  8. Basically your telling the timer to turn on then during that on time revert to the automated scheduling. Same for off-your telling the timer to turn off then revert to the automated setting.
  9. Once you do the last step just double check for a day or two to ensure everything took. The more you mess with these digital timers the more you open yourself up to potential problems. If in doubt hit the reset button or risk hermies :x

Knock on wood** I haven't had any light issues since doing this and it has solved quite a few headaches for my friends. They sell inline timers from Apollo but at roughly $50 a pop I don't see the need :thumb: This worked for my smaller-scale setup not sure if the same applies to direct current or 220v outlets. If this didn't work I would've gone to mechanical timers then to the inline large-box type but that is a bit heavy duty for my liking. If you have questions let me know-see you guys soon.

^ Thanks man.

An update is far past due. My girlfriend doesn't like sharing me with my other ladies..go figure :cheer: but I promise I will be more attentive. Haven't had many questions so far though..

Anyway, things are progressing quite well. The SOG is in full effect and I have just completed my first round of mothers. By that I mean I have taken a healthy rooted clone of each strain and will let those grow into moms as I have taken 3-4 sets of cuts off the ones I just tossed. As of now in veg I have 4 moms - NYSD, MOB/SS, MOB/Afghan and MOB/G13. As it stands the skunk cross is outperforming the other strains. Heartier, thicker stems, starting to purple from the bottom up. The other strains are doing well except for a couple runts which everyone gets at one point or another.

What do we want? Pictures..show us don't tell us the people say. The pics here are of my first batch about 1.5-2 weeks into flower.

DSC_0032_zpsmbftlaoc.jpg

DSC_0033_zps5a9ritfm.jpg

DSC_0038_zpsphgdesut.jpg

DSC_0041_zps6z9krs59.jpg

Despite multiple timer issues they have shown their lady parts..aren't they sweet :love:

This is a group from the same batch of clones but it was put into flower 1 week behind the last batch

DSC_0046_zpssrvc8pwk.jpg

DSC_0048_zps3cuxgcn3.jpg

Healthy looking ladies. I like em thick.

DSC_0003_zpsumpydiqd.jpg

DSC_0049_zpswn9aupmc.jpg

DSC_0008_zpshqfmv28p.jpg

Weve got a jumper! haha

DSC_0022_zpsttabksnz.jpg

Defoliation is possible and necessary.

DSC_0015_zps15rnl1vy.jpg

DSC_0023_zpsrtlfj0ah.jpg

This next batch is from today which is week 4 for the furthese batch. I have them on a 4ml/1ml/5ml micro/gro/bloom with florolicious and calmag. Theyre eating at least 2 gallons a day which is kinda alot. Tell me what you think.

DSC_0079_zpsg7bvdhyu.jpg
Healthy mom

DSC_0079_zpsg7bvdhyu.jpg

DSC_0081_zps9z6gwujw.jpg
sprinkled a tib bit of coco on a leaf to test the macro

DSC_0086_zpsprm6rgua.jpg
good stuff right here

DSC_0089_zpsvxg4frau.jpg

DSC_0090_zpsjovb8ldm.jpg

DSC_0091_zpsixchn29x.jpg

DSC_0092_zpstb6vh4ml.jpg

DSC_0093_zpsvtmqdmiv.jpg

DSC_0094_zps4tta4ydt.jpg
Starting to frost up. Again I am more than happy to answer any questions. See you soon guys and thanks for your time.

Looking great! Although a couple of those flowering plants look like they are thirsty..
This was right after lights off before I fed em. My experience has proven the top layer of cocoa will get very dry. While this eliminates algae growth (yeahhh mon) it can be misleading. I usually poke the tip of my finger down in to the coir..if its dry half an inch or so down they need watering. 2 gallons per tray in 12 hours is rough ha

Back
Top Bottom