This One's For You Big Guy

Hiddenkoncept

hey guys, koncept here

as most of you may know our good friend BID (big irish dude) passed away last year much to our shock and heartbreak. BID was a great guy, always helped out and did everything he can to provide quality medicine to SO MANY people.
i didnt know him as well as some people did so i would like to invite anybody to say anything they wish to share at any point during this thread/journal.

a lot of us had agreed to start a journal in his honor this month and that plan kinda got put aside due to their being an official journal taken place on the anniversary of his passing. this is great, is a great thing and BID would have loved, however...he would also love the idea of all of us all getting together and putting on a grow for him using his favorite strains.
BID loved purple strains, he had a few favorites such as GDP, BLUE DREAM etc. i plan on growing blue dream but to be honest, i dont mind what strain you plan on growing as long as your growing it in his honor, the more purple the buds the better though :thumb:

so here is the first post on this journal and here is a picture of my little blue dream seed attempting to shed her shell membrane

bluedream13.JPG

i will spray her with a bit of water tomorrow if she is yet to shed her skin.

so thats it i guess, all are welcome to post on this journal. its about enjoying the art that is growing cannabis and remembering what BID taught us.

this ones for you buddy

Bravo for this thread!!!!
Well I have a few plants planned in honor of my friend. I've already got one girl going, she is a GDP cross and I'm mappi out the form BID in bud. Ill try and get colour later on through dropping temps etc.
Then ill be fluxing a B Dream and a Purple #1, and BIG style.
BID had planned on fluxing a purp at some point for giggles! :) So its only fitting I get it done :)
Anyway here is the sculpture as is at present :)
20150109_161139.jpg
20150109_161159.jpg
20150109_161118.jpg

The others will be dropped post haste :) it may be a long journey with my girls lol.

ok im post a couple pics first one is the mom I took the cuttings from that is in my current cs project

the genetics is BID's a Purple Berry Kush x Royal Purple Berry Kush x Grand Daddy Purps

so this is the mom I had

20141225_183501.jpg

DSC055891.JPG

the cs project for the same genetics which is ongoing at the moment

DSC057525.JPG

above is the 2 plants I plan to pollinate im also going to pollinate a sour diesel clone I got in there too but that's not for this post

ok heres the one I am spraying to make pollen

DSC057565.JPG

DSC057465.JPG

ok guys I just wanted to toss it in here

subscribed, this is very cool of you HiddenKoncept.

Wow guys...just wow, I may have started the journal but you guys have already put in the work!
LA that plant is amazing and cronichemphog is growing out strains from a mother from the big guy himself!

This is gonna be a good journal!

My blue dream shed her skin membrane over night and is now starting to open up!

I've only been a member since July 2014 but I was inspired by reading BID threads. I never got the chance to chat with him or post on his threads but I was inspired to join :420: and get my first LED, a Budmaster II 675 because of him. I also have 2 Blue Dream plants growing which I will post pics of later this week as they are off-site. Those purchases were also inspired by BID.

So if nobody objects, I would like as a stranger to devote the grow of 2 Blue Dreams to the memory of BID.

I got my hands on a Blue Dream cut just before christmas for the BID grow.

Thanks for getting it started!

Here's a look at the Blue dream from when I got here until today. I will veg her at least until I can get a cut or two to keep her around, and probably at least until most everyone else start to flip. I'm in no rush with this grow, at the moment. So it can go as quickly or as long as everyone wants.

I didn't really know BID. We frequented a lot of the same journals, and I think he answered a question or three of mine along the way. He was always really entreating and awesome to real. A presents that is truly missed, even by people who didn't really know him.

This is for you BID!

Minkey Boodle for the Big Irish Doodle
20150102_214556.jpg
20141224_1804541.jpg
20150112_2255261.jpg
20150119_113444.jpg
20150119_113449.jpg

Guys, this is so touching. What an excellent way to honor your friend. Having just joined the forum I knew him only through reading, but his personality and loving nature were a joy to come across, and the affection you all felt for him came through loud and clear.

Subbed for the run. May they all surprise you in their vigor. :green_heart:

Anyway here is the sculpture as is at present :)
20150109_161139.jpg
20150109_161159.jpg
20150109_161118.jpg

The others will be dropped post haste :) it may be a long journey with my girls lol.

That sculpted plant is badass! Nice work.

If you had to guess, how long do you think you'll be vegging for this grow? I'm just curious, because I might just hang with you in veg, if you don't mind :)

It's amazing how many people he touched without saying a single word to them! He is the reason I brought my topled light and the reason why I was originally saving up for a budmaster.
I can't believe the response so far and how many people had bid grows lined up...especially seeing as this plan kind of went out the window a while ago.

My little seedling is now working her magic in a rapid rooters trying to rapidly root. No much point in a photo until she has changed.
I'm almost tempted to get another purple strain going...one that will really turn a beautiful purple like the grape kush or something like that.

I'm sorry to announce that the only purple bean I had didn't sprout. But as a salute to the Big Irish Dude I'll be following this thread.

Not to sound like the Journal Police or anything because heaven knows I do my share of bantering, I think it would be a show of respect to his 420 legacy to keep this thread on-topic & banter-free. Posts about the Big Guy himself shouldn't be consider banter nor off-topic.

We Love You

BID​

Back
Top Bottom