COorganics - No-Till Organic - 2nd No Till Run - Indoors - GSC Forum Cut

Hello again fellow canna people. I'm back with another journal and this one should be very cool.

I have the following on deck for the grow:
1ea (fem seed) Blimburn seeds, grizzly purple kush
2ea (reg seed) Rare Dankness, Lee Roy
Undetermined amount of Girl Scout Cookies forum cut (fem clone), likely 3-4

The journal begins with a short period of veg time. I will veg in my new grow room, which is being constructed by myself and friends presently. The actual grow space has rough dimensions of 8' longX4' wide'X14' high in the very center.

I have 2ea, 600w HPS and plan on using both when I'm flowering.

The room build will be completed tomorrow and I'll have it up and running. I'll be vegging hard under 600w MH for a couple few weeks, then I'll let them flower. Everything should be 10 weeks or less which is cool. I'm ready already for some new flavors.

The plan is to build a rectangular hugelkultur raised bed that fits the room and grow/flower everything in one pot, adding to the soil, but not disturbing it. To start though, I will be probably be flowering in the containers I used last run, effectively making this my second no till run. The first run was very nice I thought.

Hugelkultur is an old practice of piling up old logs and wood and covering with soil and growing plants on top of this mound. It is very intriguing to me as it retains water extremely well, and will use far less soil to fill a large planter, giving similar or better results, than a standard bed of soil would give. I believe this is true enough that I have to give it a go. I'm stalled now because it's winter and I want to gather old already decomposing cottonwood logs, but they are all covered in snow and frozen to the ground, we will see how quick nature lets me get the hugelkultur started, I'll be in 10gals till then.

I'm very excited about this journal. I feel pretty darn good about the living organic soil approach I'm using and the CC soil mix I have in my containers. It will all be pretty smooth sailing all the way to harvest, but maybe I'll try something new somewhere for fun.

Thanks for checking out my new journal, I will be updating regularly.
Welcome aboard.

Here is my last journal, if you have serious questions, spend some time checking this out, if you haven't already. There is some noteworthy stuff in there.
COorganics - All Natural - No-Till With ACT's - Winter Attic Grow

Another 420mag member, Sweetsue, is growing in a manner very similar to what I'm doing. She is growing autos indoors in CC mix. Her grow journal is very cool, and full of way more detailed info than I usually provide. Sue is great at documenting what she's doing, and she has the best plants I've ever seen under CFL's at the moment. Certainly worth checking out.
Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

Again, glad to have company here, and Let's grow some fucking dank!

Here to learn, thanks :) I might try that method with the logs and soil with some cucumbers this year ;)

Subbed for sure. This is going to be awesome!

Edit: I keep thinking about the possibility of doing a small scale hugelkultur using beefy branches and a proliferation of twigs, packed with CC soil mix and leaf mold. Let's see what your bed does. I'm so excited about this.

You made me blush a little there CO. :green_heart:

Glad to have you guys along for the ride.

Finishing up a 12 hr day completing the new room. It is very nice. Pics of build will come soon.

Thanks for following along.

This is going to be fantastic! What are the dimensions of the bed going to be?

Not sure yet, will begin with 10 gals. Not sure how many of those either. Floor is a bit less than 8'X4' so bed will be smaller than that and will be at least 18" tall, likely taller.

With 2X 600w rolling in there it seems pretty maxed out for light vs. square footage. The major difference this time is the height. I can let plants grow how they want to now. In a big way I will be untraining myself from training the plants.

I'm quite pumped up about this new space.

With 2X 600w rolling in there it seems pretty maxed out for light vs. square footage. The major difference this time is the height. I can let plants grow how they want to now. In a big way I will be untraining myself from training the plants.

I'm quite pumped up about this new space.

The fine art of letting go. I'm dying to see the reveal CO.

Here ya go.

image18000.jpg
image18001.jpg
image18002.jpg
image18003.jpg
image18004.jpg
image18014.jpg
image18013.jpg
image18012.jpg
image18011.jpg
image18009.jpg
image18008.jpg
image18007.jpg
image18009.jpg
image18006.jpg
image18005.jpg
image18015.jpg
image18016.jpg
image18017.jpg
image18018.jpg
image18019.jpg
image18020.jpg
image18021.jpg
image18022.jpg
image18023.jpg

There is my new room. Not complete yet, but close. It will also double as a hurricane shelter.

Very impressive CO, That room looks amazing. Such an inspiration to see this type of motivating. Makes me want to go grab my saw lol.

I wouldn't stop traning your plants though. All the guys I know do it no matter how big there room is. Look at some of the professional grows and you'll see hundreds of perfectly trained plants that have just enough room between them to take care of them. They are usually topped multiple times - and both tying and super cropping methods are used. I'm sure your going to kill it no matter what methods you incorporate.

:Namaste::peace::cheer:

Back
Top Bottom