PlanetJ's Big Tent - LED & CFL - Multi-Strain - Perpetual Flowering

PlanetJ

:welcome:

This is my third journal. The grow it will be featuring has been featured in my second grow already, and I will not be recapping that part. The part you are missing is the first month of veg for the big tent, and the only month of veg for the small tent.

You do not miss anything if you do not go over to my second journal to look. It will be repeated ad nausea in this one, as this will be my perpetual Exodus Cheese journal.

After killing off my clones with the tried and proven techniques, I now just sortof cut them at an angle, stick em in Oasis foam, and keep em wet. No dome, no cutting of leaves, no hormones, no pH corrected water. They root. Survival rate about 8 out of 10.

The big tent will feature a ~350W full spectrum LED which will remain nameles, alongside a bunch of CFL's to make up for the light-footprint not being optimal. The small tent has a 150W CFL growlight. Both have a passive intake, Rhino carbon filter and decent exhaust fan and a small fan for air circulation.

I do not really look at pH. Nutes are balanced at 6.2, tap is 6.8, should be good. So far, no issues, except when I was constantly using molasses. Since the stuff in there is also in my ferts, no need to add molasses. I'm growing in soil, nothing like perlite added. I water once a week with nutes, and mist the plants almost daily, without nutes.

I'm still quite a new grower with just one succesful grow, but that number is going to rise, as I love doing this.

Nutes used will be:

IMG_20141212_104803.jpg

IMG_20141212_104718.jpg

IMG_20141212_104602.jpg

The plants, a month ago:

tmp_9820-IMG_20141226_134836-574171255.jpg

tmp_9820-IMG_20141226_1349361861124657.jpg

Pictures of plants now will follow shortly, not near my phone atm.

re: PlanetJ's 3rd Grow - Going Perpetual - Exodus Cheese - SCROG & FLUX

Big tent, well .. big ... never mind .. big for me :p They are in veg. Yeah, those are herbs.
IMG_20150122_165426.jpg

IMG_20150122_165438.jpg

IMG_20150122_165502.jpg

Small tent, flowering.
IMG_20150122_195135.jpg

IMG_20150122_195148.jpg

Mum and clones.
IMG_20150122_165607.jpg

Thank's for the invite Planet..:high-five:
Looking good in there buddy.Is that a flowering clone in the second pic?
Don't remember her from last journal.
Mind if I have a seat Mono?..:Namaste::passitleft:

Here she is: (to the right)
IMG_20141117_015309.jpg

10 days later: (to the right)
IMG_20141127_001858.jpg

It is indeed a flowering clone, to see if mum was really a mum ;) She is about 1,5 month old, and should be ready in about 2 to 3 weeks I guess. She was FIMed .. hence her looks :)

Page 15 from my second journal :)

Welcome gents :)

Mum & clones, and future mum .. hopefully without the uneven node spacing of present mum.

IMG_20150124_171320.jpg

IMG_20150124_171335.jpg

IMG_20150124_171347.jpg

Flowering tent .. yup, they still have their skirts.

IMG_20150124_171419.jpg

IMG_20150124_171452.jpg

IMG_20150124_171706.jpg

Closeup:

IMG_20150124_171533.jpg

IMG_20150124_171546.jpg

IMG_20150124_171629.jpg

IMG_20150124_171650.jpg

Vegging tent

IMG_20150124_171743.jpg

IMG_20150124_171755.jpg

FLUX is a PITA .. I sure hope it's worth it .. but I'm leaning towards trying manifold next .. seems a lot less work with adjusting the training. Do not get me wrong .. I like playing, but I do not see myself having only FLUX-es .. that would be just too much work. I will give it another try when I have my new mum.

Plants in veg have been in veg for a little over a month now .. they will flip @2 months and two weeks veg, to get them to finish a month apart.

Recapping their current age:

Small tent:
- flowering clone: days of veg, she is 1 month into flowering atm.
- rest: had one month and 2 weeks of veg, 2 weeks into flowering atm, topped to create new clones ~ a week ago

Big tent:
- 2 months veg atm, topped to create new clones ~ a week ago

I think the pot I had her in was too small .. I also think I know why people use perlite in their soil. I think my plants stay smaller due to there not being any in mine. I stunted her a few times to get some small limbs to catch up. And I'm not all that experienced in it either .. I will definitely give it another go, and I still have good hopes for this one :)

Also, they have been vegged with just a few CFL's up to not long ago .. so it's not too strange that they are a little underdeveloped. Combine that with GLR, and I think this is all I could expect :)

Glad to have you here!

Front row seat!!

Thanks for the invite :). Looks like its going to be a good one. Exodus cheese is brilliant:)

Exodus cheese, from GHS ? You like it? I have a few of these I got from Seedsman and was thinking about putting them in the ground since I belatedly found out more info on my GHS "Jack herer" which is started, and now am not expecting such great things from it anymore. Cool, well I'll follow along if I may and see what grows up

Exodus cheese, from GHS ? You like it? I have a few of these I got from Seedsman and was thinking about putting them in the ground since I belatedly found out more info on my GHS "Jack herer" which is started, and now am not expecting such great things from it anymore. Cool, well I'll follow along if I may and see what grows up

My second grow is GHS Exodus Cheese, as is this one .. I must say I like her a lot ... she takes abuse well, and for a CFL grow for the first two months, with no added fertilizer, then a switch to LED and two waterings with fertz, my four flowering plants yielded a little over 110 gram .. not counting sugar leaves, which was an additional 25 gram dried.

That is just over 25gr per plant, for everything but optimal conditions and quite a few rooky mistakes in handling them. Based on this experience, I will deffinately order GHS again, and I like the Exodus Cheese quite well too.

So if you want a sneek peek, go to the last page of my second journal, and have a look on what you can expect :)

Oh, and thanks for tagging along, welcome aboard :)

My second grow is GHS Exodus Cheese, as is this one .. I must say I like her a lot ... she takes abuse well, and for a CFL grow for the first two months, with no added fertilizer, then a switch to LED and two waterings with fertz, my four flowering plants yielded a little over 110 gram .. not counting sugar leaves, which was an additional 25 gram dried.

That is just over 25gr per plant, for everything but optimal conditions and quite a few rooky mistakes in handling them. Based on this experience, I will deffinately order GHS again, and I like the Exodus Cheese quite well too.

So if you want a sneek peek, go to the last page of my second journal, and have a look on what you can expect :)

Quoted for visability

Thank you very much. A girl that can take a bit of torture sounds like the right kind for me. And you're not kidding, I read your second journal. Your plant looked really great all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom