Etaffate First Time Cap'n Style Grow

etaffate

Hey everybody

Second grow

What strain is it? THC Bomb

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? VEG
If in Veg... For how long? seed pop on 1/12/15
Lighting: Right not she is under a cfl will eventually go under a led then hopefully a 600 watt hps

Trying out Capn style, really look up to the Capn. Plus with the problems I felt like I was having in DWC it was time for a change.

For nutrients following Capn recipe
calmag
aquashield
florablend
GH grow
GH micro
GH bloom

Skipped on the tea. Found an article about RECHARGE. Pretty cool stuff and cheap too. Another weird thing it smells like dark chocolate IDK else feels that way but I though it was interesting.

So she is in a solo cup waited till her roots came out of the rockwool. She was droopy for several days in the beginning from over watering. So I do think it is possible to over water in rockwool. I did not make the holes large enough out of the solo cup so she was retaining a lot of water. Made the holes bigger and let it dried out she is now looking better. So I think for the time being until she develops better roots maybe watering every other day IDK yet I'll see how dry the rockwool gets. Shes a bit droopy in these pictures cause I just water her so she's usually a bit perkier

IMAG053517.jpg
IMAG053414.jpg
IMAG053312.jpg

So I woke up to my plant like this

I sure it is not heat stress. temp have not been over 78 degrees. So next guess is over fertilizing? Really dont know, I did not feed her yesterday only gave her some tea/ RECHARGE. So am I not suppose to give RECHARGE by it self? Seems weird

sorry to leave ya hanging

how is it looking now?? I feed everyday till I get runoff,I like to get a few nodes before I start with the recharge/tea
rw does not hold nutrients,so I would be feeding her 150ppm and move up to 650 in veg,in about a month

please check out,skybound,greenthumbj and african grower,these guys really can explain Capn style

She died. Left her for 2 weeks to see if she would recover but she never did. Started a new one going good. This strain is so sensitive to nutes :( but we'll see I'll post a new pixie of her later

Did you start feeding from the start??

keeping everything in the 5.5-5.6 range for veg??

let me know when you restart,and I will summon the boys,greenthumbj and skybound can get you to harvest,or atleast explain Capns methods better than I.there is no question this system works

She died. Left her for 2 weeks to see if she would recover but she never did. Started a new one going good. This strain is so sensitive to nutes :( but we'll see I'll post a new pixie of her later

Bummer man. Whatever happened to TheCapn anyway? I haven't seen him or S1ingblade around in awhile.

Yeah capn gone but hey there's a lot of people on here with knowledge on his grow style and at least his threads are still up.

Well I got they plant started. She's 15 days old now. Been super careful to not nute burn this one. I started her in half solo cup because I was having issue with over watering on the last one which I thought was weird. She did well in the half a solo roots were circling on the bottom so I trans planted to a regular solo cup.
IMAG057113.jpg
IMAG056912.jpg
IMAG057113.jpg

Yeah, little to no nutes for a couple of weeks then start with 1/4 strength. I have been running capn style for about 10 months now. I got 2 plants off back in november, next one ready at the end of the month. then after that it should be every 5 weeks or so. Once you get going with this setup you wlll be very happy with it. You can keep the plant count low and the harvest high..... Do you have the capn's nute recipe??

Do you have the capn's nute recipe??

I've probably gone through most of his threads, but I don't remember writing it down. I know he used to use a homebrewed tea but eventually changed to Recharge. I've seen Lucas's Formula, but I can't remember what Capn used.

Thanks,
--Rush

I have Capn recipe but I dont feel fully comfortable using it I guess. On my last grow I use maxi grow and bloom. I guess its even easier then Capn recipe, its either gro or bloom kind of hard to mess that up. Right now im giving her about 250ish ppm im using tap water so that already has a normal ppm at about 150ish so im not adding much of anything yet. I've been using rapid start and aquashield and pinch of maxi gro probable 1/8 of teaspoon She seems to be handling that ok no nute burn I think she looks little more lime green than anything but im scared to push up the nutes.

I really need to get her under a larger light but im moving on Friday and until then I cant have all my gear setup since its all packed. I feel like she's moving a bit slow so hopefully she starts picking up speed since she has more room now.

Am I supposed to stop nutes before and after transplant?

Nope, no reason to stop the nutes once you start. I mix up my nutrient solution and then use that to soak my new rock wool for the transplant, then pop it out of one pot and into the next size up. once she has a few sets of leaves then start bumping up the nutes. I run an EC of 1.0 with the capns recipe in veg. I dont use the aquashield becasue I cant get it, I also cannot brew the tea he uses. I do add Armour Si because it was suggested to me.

27 days old. I feel like she's super tiny, I think it has to do with the fact that it was really cold when she was a seedling. been having issues with Ph as you can tell with the leaves. I went ahead and top her and accidentally took a fan leaf as well. Going to wait for her to recover and then start lsting.

How many nodes should I wait to top again?
IMAG060010.jpg
IMAG060010.jpg
IMAG059911.jpg
IMAG059810.jpg

Update. I think she's looking very well way better than my first plant. I was doubting the capn there for a while. Now she looks almost crazy now. I keep lst her and topping. I think she fairs better to lst than topping but she is getting massive.

So my questions at this time is should I move up to the next pot at this time?
IMAG06098.jpg
IMAG06089.jpg
IMAG060712.jpg
IMAG060614.jpg

35 days old I'm surprised on how much she changed

Back
Top Bottom