Burning Lights on Cold Winter Nights

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well. I saw an amazing idea from a fellow grower and decided to join his team with a 2- 50 gal containers. I will grow in a unfinished basement, I am of course a first time grower, but can grow a tomato plant :)

- Kabala just broke the soil this morning- WW put in soil after her tap root appeared.
- using bottled water until a week old, I then would like to keep the Ph regulated, training myself and the plant for when I use ferts
- low budget

- I welcome any advice or questions about my grow.
- I will fill in more details as I go. ( grow room setup, cfl specs, strain info, etc)
- pics to come

What strain is it? White widow and S.o.l. "kabala" auto flower
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg ( just braking soil)
If in Veg... For how long?1 day
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Miracle grow from Home Depot
If soil... What size pot? 1 gal(white widow) 3 gal (Kabala)
Size of light? 8-veg cfl's. 2-flower cfl's
Is it aircooled? have computer fans for intake and exhaust
Temp of Room/cab? 69-75F and
RH of Room/cab? 50-60
PH of media or res?not tested as of yet
Any Pests ? Only my tinkering self
How often are you watering? Every other day
Type and strength of ferts used? None (waiting for three weeks)

image18519.jpg
image18522.jpg
image18523.jpg
image18525.jpg
image18526.jpg

- day 2 in soil for the green pot(kabala auto)
- day 1 in soil for white widow yellow pot, I plan to re-soil/ step up pot size

- light cycle is on 18 on, 6 off
- Vicks humidifier ( have to run it often)

and let the learning begin. ambitious, best of luck with it all, cheers, nivek

ooh, i have one of those seeds too,, got my seeds recently from herbie, and that was a free one,, still have it,, no plans yet, no room,, gonna watch, cheers

As far as raising humidity, I'm with Ukevery. Soak as big of a towel as you can fit in your box and hang it there. You will probably have to re-soak it every day or so, but it should increase RH by 15-30%. You could also just fill a bowl with water and put it in there. That's what I do when my RH drops below 50%. It's usually enough to keep RH stable until my next feeding.

*Grumbles about low humidity during winter grows.*

I do have a humidifier that can handle the humidity levels ok, but you think during my lights off period it will help?

- thanks for lookin in

It should help considerably. If you are noticing dropping RH levels during lights off, you may just want to leave the humidifier running all the time. Completely depends on how low RH is getting. I've let mine get down to 30% for days at a time and have seen no ill effects. So I'd say it's personal preference. I think RH isn't all that important during veg, more important during flower.

Back
Top Bottom