Neikodog's 1st High Brix Multi-Strain

Welcome to my 1st grow journal. This is my 2nd ever attempt at growing and 1st using Doc Bud's High Brix Kit. I am still very much a novice so this journal is more for me to gain knowledge than to educate others. The HB community is why I'm here. I am relying on the community to help me through this process and to help me grow the best plants possible. There won't be much going on at first since I am starting this journal from seed planting.

OK so here is what I have going on:
I will be growing in a 4x4 tent 9' tall.
Lighting is 12 Band LED (non-sponsored), 1 750 Watt and 1 600 Watt.
I am doing 4 plants staring in 1 gallon plastic pots and finishing in 10 gallon smart pots.
Strains: Ace Seeds Malawi feminised, 100% Sativa.
Dutch Passion Blueberry Indica feminised,
DNA Genetics Chocolope, 90% Sativa feminised
Barneys Farm G-13 Haze Sativa dominate hybrid feminised
Is it aircooled? heat is exhausted out of the tent into the room.
Temp of Room/cab? 80-81 degrees F lights on. 67 degrees F lights off.
RH of Room/cab? 50%
Any Pests ? Just my dogs. No they aren't allowed in the room.....but they try like hell.
How often are you watering? To be determined

OK so this is going to be fun. :slide::slide::slide:

So last night my seeds had all sunk so I prepared the 1 gallon containers with HB soil, sprinkled 1 tsp. Roots! in and around the seed hole. Planted all 4 seeds and watered in with 13 Oz purified water mixed with 3ml transplant per container. Pics later for documentation purposes not because they are sexy.

20150206_174549_1_.jpg

Uninteresting Pic.

Congratulations on your decision to do this journal. this community is amazingly helpful and insightful Neiko! Youre going to do great.. thank you for the invite! Sub'd too.. :) Please invite Doc and gang on his High Brix Q&A too. spoiler alert..dont over do it on too many threads..lol..the extremely efficient mods and admin, rightfully so, dont approve.

3ml transplant per container is a little on the heavy side for seeds in 1 gal pots. Don't worry its not going to hurt them but I wouldn't give them more drench until they have their fifth set of leaves at least. Did you put a ml of tea in with it or even a half ml would be enough your only dealing with 4gal worth of soil? If not you could add it the next time they need watering to make sure your microbes are rockin it :thumb:

I dig your strain selection, I'm excited to see how these turn out :)

3ml transplant per container is a little on the heavy side for seeds in 1 gal pots. Don't worry its not going to hurt them but I wouldn't give them more drench until they have their fifth set of leaves at least. Did you put a ml of tea in with it or even a half ml would be enough your only dealing with 4gal worth of soil? If not you could add it the next time they need watering to make sure your microbes are rockin it :thumb:

I dig your strain selection, I'm excited to see how these turn out :)

OK that's why I need you guys. I read the directions and swear it said to mix 1 Oz transplant water when planting seeds. So if I divide 30 mil (1 Oz) by 6 plants, that's 5 mils per plant. So I thought I was going conservative since I pre-moistened the soil. That's where I get confused on the directions....I thought all measurements were for 6 plants, not by how much water. As far as adding tea....no I didn't. I didn't see where it says to add tea for seeds. I see tea for all drenches, but not waterings. Should I add tea now?? Nothing has sprouted as of yet.

The old kit required a strong shot of Transplant to go with the old Roots. The new Roots! doesn't require that strong initial shot.

But don't sweat it - it'll be fine. :cheesygrinsmiley:

No worries we will get you going right :thumb:

The dosage directions are mostly based on flowering plants. 6 x 5-7 gal of soil per plant end up being at least 30 gal of soil and you are currently working with 4 gallons and soon to be baby plants.

I just did some quick rough math. Your amount of soil is roughly 1/7 of what the directions are based on so keep that in mind when your figuring out how much to mix up. Less is more with this stuff especially until they are really into flowering. The next time they need drench which will be at least a couple weeks I would do 4ml of the drench and .5ml of tea mixed in enough water to fully water all 4 plants.

I typically grow 1 15 gal flowering plant and 1 7gal for roughly half of a normal sized grow. I usually do about 10 - 15ml of drench and 2ml of tea in a couple gallons of water for normal feedings and my vegging plants get some of it too.

Edit these pot sizes were the airpot names they really only hold probably 11-12gal and 4-5 gal of soil.

Let us know if anything doesn't make sense or if you have any questions, happy to help :)

Easiest way to think of it is like this. 1ml of drench per gal of soil in use for the drenches. 1ml of the sprays per oz of water for the brix and de-stress sprays. Go to the drug store and in the travel section they usually have little 2oz spray bottles for like spraying eye glasses with. These put out a super fine mist and are the perfect size for what were doing. I can usually get all my plants sprayed with the 2oz, you could start with mixing only 1oz worth to start with it goes a long way too :thumb:

Of course if you are unsure or just want confirmation ask away, it just got a lot easier for me to figure everything out once I made those couple connections in my head and i'm a stoner so it took awhile :rofl:

On the tea question I would just wait till you water next time and add .5 ml tea to that. When your mixing it with a drench you want to mix the tea in a separate container, I use a mason jar full of water and let it sit for like 10 min and then throw that into your water with the drench in it.

Thanks for the help to get me on the right path. OK so my last grow I germinated 15 seeds from 4 different breeders. I soaked the seeds until they sunk in a cup of purified water then I planted them. All 15 sprouted within 24 hours. Since this is only my 2nd grow, I expected the same this time. Anyway I soaked my new seeds (4 of them), all different breeders for 24 hours and they all had sunk but no tap root showing yet. I planted them Friday and I thought I would have at least 1 sprout by now, but I don't. I know, have patience, but I am wondering if by me adding too much transplant water when I planted the seeds is hurting me. Just curious how long before you declare failure and start again.

Thanks for the help to get me on the right path. OK so my last grow I germinated 15 seeds from 4 different breeders. I soaked the seeds until they sunk in a cup of purified water then I planted them. All 15 sprouted within 24 hours. Since this is only my 2nd grow, I expected the same this time. Anyway I soaked my new seeds (4 of them), all different breeders for 24 hours and they all had sunk but no tap root showing yet. I planted them Friday and I thought I would have at least 1 sprout by now, but I don't. I know, have patience, but I am wondering if by me adding too much transplant water when I planted the seeds is hurting me. Just curious how long before you declare failure and start again.

I am sorry about that Transplant label......there's no need for "Transplant Water" anymore, I just haven't changed the label yet....

The current instructions are linked in my signature below.

Back
Top Bottom