Brother's - Afghani x Skunk #1 - Indoor Soil - 600W HPS - 4x4 Tent

420Brother

Hello everyone and welcome to my first journal. It was about time to make one of my own and keep you folks entertained for all the times you did that for me.

Let me just start by saying a big thanks to this community. It has helped a lot and everyday i learn something new through my mistakes, your journals, the knowledge floating around and of course the good vibes everyone is giving.

So if you are a friend, a fellow 420 member, a stranger, a guest or you're just curious, grab a seat cause we're about to take off.

This season i'll be growing a wonderful strain that's been given to me from a friend, he crossed it himself and what a great pheno this is. Let's hop right on the details, shall we?

Soil Recipe:

Peat Moss
Sphagnum Peat
Perlite

pH = 6.2
EC = 1.2

Strain:

Afghani x Original Skunk #1

Stats:

THC - Around 20%
CBD - Low
Sativa / Indica - Hybrid (Mostly Indica)
Flowering Time - Should be no more than 8 to 9 Weeks

Grow Room:

4x4x8 Grow Tent

2x 298 CFM Fans for Ventilation System

PowerPlant Glass Reflector

Carbon Filter - TBA

Still seedlings, they're about a week old.

I'm experiencing some issues with them right now, i had no time to monitor them better due to work and relationships so i ended up with some problems. Nothing too major, just a setback. It will be just fine, with this wonderful community over my shoulder i fear nothing anymore.

I'm so glad to have you over, and thank you for being here.

Pictures will come later tonight or tommorow, make yourself comfortable and have some pop-corn cause it's about to start :cheer:

:circle-of-love::420::circle-of-love: Love and Peace, Stay Medicated :volcano-smiley:

Present and accounted for. Good luck, probably don't need that butttttt. I said it!

I wish I was starting new ones so I'll live vicariously through you!

Cronic! what an absolute pleasure to have you aboard, thank you so much for coming :circle-of-love:

i'll try to make everything worth watching. Hope you enjoy your stay :love: :welcome:

Front row, next to Cronic. Perfect. :passitleft:

:ciao: 420brother. Thanks for the invite.

hey old chap! sooo glad to have you with us :cheer: :welcome:

your journals were the first i followed when i joined this community, and it's safe to say that you played a big part of me being a regular. The way you made me feel was majestic right from the start, like a part of the family.

i'm honored you're here, i'll try my best not to let you down

Thanks for that fine invitation, 420Bro!
I'll get some corn goin' :popcorn:

:peace:'n:love:

Care, you made it! :love::love::love: im extremely delighted that you're here. so many great people joining i'm kinda shaky, thinking about all the expectations i have to live up to!

should be a great run, i hope you're enjoying your front row seat, we have the best pop-corn in the house :welcome:

Present and accounted for. Good luck, probably don't need that butttttt. I said it!

I wish I was starting new ones so I'll live vicariously through you!

peter! hello hello and welcome aboard buddy :circle-of-love: good to see you here aswell, i hope you enjoy your stay :welcome:

thank you for the good wishes, probably gonna need all the luck i can get.

i'd like to thank waknbak too, i see you lurking there bro :circle-of-love:

i lurk in your journals all the time so i guess that's payback? :rofl:

welcome aboard buddy and make yourself at home, we're a big family here

:popcorn:

PICS​

heya bro,, requesting permission to come aboard cap'n bro. invitation very much appreciated,, cheers, nivek

I would love to join you on this journey. Thank you so much for the invitation. Two journals in the Greek sunshine - what a delight!

You couldn't let us down Brother. We know you'll give it your best effort and you have accumulated a raucous crowd of experienced growers to assist you at every turn.

May the grow bring you joy. :green_heart:

Hello 420Bro. Thanks for invitation.

Glad to have you with us mate :love: welcome to the family :high-five:

Reg you made it! let's torture some girls, shall we? :high-five: (that sounded sooo wrong) :rofl:

heya bro,, requesting permission to come aboard cap'n bro. invitation very much appreciated,, cheers, nivek

nivek! permission granted sir, thank you for coming and have a nice stay :love:

I would love to join you on this journey. Thank you so much for the invitation. Two journals in the Greek sunshine - what a delight!

You couldn't let us down Brother. We know you'll give it your best effort and you have accumulated a raucous crowd of experienced growers to assist you at every turn.

May the grow bring you joy. :green_heart:

oh my god Sue, what a pleasure it is to have you here. Thank you so much for your kind words, i indeed feel a lot safer now that all of you are here

we got the best popcorn in the house, grab yourself some, the show is about to start :circle-of-love:

Welcome, Welcome Everybody.
Glad to have you all here​

This is your captain speaking, we're about to take off so please fasten your seatbelts.

-Insert Cool Introduction Here-

F.. it, let's just jump into it now, shall we? i think enough suspense has been built up .. anymore and i'd be copying JJ Abrams:rofl:

This is the Tent that'll host these little girls until they are strong enough to move under the HID

IMG_108030.JPG

I'll be using a 3 part base system from AN for early Veg and add Voodoo Juice / Bid Bud / B-52 / Overdrive as we go deeper into it's life cycle

IMG_110231.JPG

Temp and RH lights off (i don't have a pic from light's on, the temp rises about 2 to 4 degrees C and humidity drops 5 to 10% down)

IMG_108126.JPG

Seeds went into cup of water until they immersed, after that they were placed between 2 dampen paper towels - inside a humidity dome made out of 2 plastic dishes. 72 hours later here is the result

IMG_108233.JPG

all 4 girls went into their plastic cups, placed under 24/0 of 150w 6400k CFL mounted on a standard reflector

IMG_108327.JPG

not very long after that, first signs of life have been shown!
it took roughly 12 hours for the first one to pop out of the soil, next day all 4 were sprouted, and thus the count started.

i present to you, day 1

IMG_108522.JPG

day 2, noticed some minor stretching. Moved the light closer to the babies

IMG_108830.JPG

day 3, an absolute disaster occured. The story consists of a very devious cat, a slacking stoner and an open tent.

had to move them to 5L pots cause their previous home was destroyed by wild life (damn it micky!!!!)

IMG_109028.JPG

Day 4, moved the light closer with some shenanigans cause apparently my reflector chain maxed out

from this point on im starting to experience some problems, the transplant was very stressful to the little ones. As expected the soil crumbled, eventho i tried my best to transplant with minimum damage, there was no root system to hold it together.

did the good ol' toothpick trick to keep them straight. I have no photos of them lying on the soil cause that'd be like parents taking selfies of their kids when they fall and cry on the floor, naturally when i saw them down i paniced and started fixing it instead of reaching for my phone, crazy right?

IMG_109126.JPG

Day 5, starting to recover from all that stressful weekend. Starting to lookin' good again

IMG_109235.JPG

Day 6, the first true leaves are acting strange, could be a million reasons that cause it right now

my guess right of the bat, light angle. in the next photos you'll clearly see how they are all leaning towards the light, unfortuanly there is no way to fix that just now, my T5's are broken and i don't wanna get new ones at the moment, considering i've only got 1-2 weeks to go into veg. Where i live it would take a week just for them to get delivered.

They'll recover nicely when i put them under the sodium lights, i'm just waiting the cotyledons to fall off so i can move them to the next room.

IMG_109433.JPG

Day 7, this is a good news - bad news situation.

Bad news are that the first true leaves are getting worse day by day

Good news are that new growth is coming out just fine without any signs of problems.

IMG_109526.JPG

IMG_109625.JPG

Group Shots of Day 8

IMG_109823.JPG

IMG_110131.JPG

And last but not least, a close-up of the my troubled child

IMG_110027.JPG

Well, that's it folks! i hope you enjoyed scrolling through that as much as i did putting it together.

I'll try to update daily, if i miss a day or two you'll have to excuse me as i'm under a tight schedule right now and trying to fit everything in.

In 2 weeks from now my contract ends and i'll be a free man (and a free grower), so that's when the fun will start. I can't wait to move my precious girls under the HPS and start torturing them, oh poor things they thing i'm a good guy now but just wait and see what they'll think about me when they're tied down and broken up!

Honestly i'm not too worried about the stress signs, as long as now growth comes out healthy and vibrant i can't care less about it.

Nevertheless, it should be an intresting subject to study over the next few weeks, ey?

I hope you all had a great weekend, wishing you a great start of the week and don't forget ..

Keep Medicating :volcano-smiley:

Reg you made it! let's torture some girls, shall we? :high-five: (that sounded sooo wrong) :rofl:
It's not even major because we're already politically incorrect for growing weed. :laughtwo:

It's not even major because we're already politically incorrect for growing weed. :laughtwo:

haha well you know what they say.. if growing the herb is incorrect then i don't want to be correct anymore

much love mate thanks for being here :love:

Nice start. Looking real good to me.:Namaste:

thank you so much bright! we had our ups and downs but i think everything is on a good path :Namaste:

Looking good man

Canal! im glad you're here too and i hope you enjoy your stay

thank you for the kind words :welcome:

Pretty update nice and Healthy lookin :thumb:

that means so much coming from you Cronic! :circle-of-love:

Looks like our grows are pretty damn close to one anothers! Gonna be fun

awesome! :welcome: Keith, glad to have you with us mate. pull yourself a seat and have some popcorn :cheer:

Good save after the CATastrophe. What soil are they in now - still the peat/perlite mix?
:ciao:

:laughtwo: that was indeed CATastrophic, i should had listened to my old chap saying that kitties are a menace to our girls. What can you do right, animals .. just love them unconditionally

Yeah they are in the peat - perlite right now, after i'm done torturing them (mid to late Veg) i'm gonna add some worm castings aswell as micorrhiza to keep the roots happy

Daily Shots
(prescribed by doctor)

Troubled Child, Day Numero 9

Recovering pretty well, FTL still suffering but someone has to take one for the team. New growth coming out vibrant and healthy :love:

IMG_110535.JPG

Morning group shat

IMG_110331.JPG

Bonus pic, this particular story consists of a mostly sativa hybrid, a love song and the unrestrained urge to play it

I present to you the Stoner Capo :laughtwo:

IMG_104619.JPG

if you catch your kid smokin', make sure he/she puffs sativas!

Plant overall analysis

Stem is getting stronger, soon enough they'll be able to handle a forceful breeze.

The trouble child is ahead of the others, which makes it kind of convinient for me. I use her as Exhibit A to understand the reaction of the others and trying to be extra cautious about things to come.

:thanks: for being here :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom