Mono Grows A Kilo :)

Hey all, welcome to my new journal :).

Aptly named thanks to Budworshiper :)

This is going to be a sort of follow on from my previous journal but a little more exciting. After the house move I set up (all be it very basically for now) a veg room and a flower room for perpetual growing.

Currently there are 15 plants growing, although more are in flower than in veg (more on that later). Two of the veg plants are going to be growing outdoors this summer with the aim to harvesting 1/2 a kilo per plant. So the basis of this journal will be the two Frisian Few from Dutch Passion, however it's still a good while before they are going outdoors - early May at a guess :).

I will try and get as much info down as possible, while also doing and documenting improvements to both grow rooms. Plus this is my first true go at outdoor growing so will need all the help available.

Some shots of the very rudimentary veg and flowering areas. They ain't pretty in any way but are doing the job just fine. I really plan on a whole new build of both areas but I'm just not sure I will find the time soon.
IMG_20150223_112029_hdr.jpg
IMG_20150223_112037_hdr.jpg

So there will be the usual suspects. Canna terra pro soil, bit of perlite mixed in. Wide range of veg times although once all is dialled in I will be looking at a plant / week harvest with roughly a 4 week veg time.

Currently I have a lot of Afghan seeds growing thanks to herbies freebies :).

Going 12/12 from seed is 3 x Afghan, 1x Strawberry Blue from world of Seeds and freedom haze from an unknown breeder.

In Soft Secrets Issue 2 2014 there is an article about a greenhouse grow of 16 plants where the average yield per plant was 2 Kg dried per plant. The smallest yield for a plant was 765 g and the largest was over 3 Kg. They grew in Belgium and the heights were 4 m and width 3.5 m.

There is your target my friend.

I have been contemplating getting some for a long time since I read about the above but I'll watch yours instead :cheesygrinsmiley:.

Im am honoured matey !!!!!

Lets hope you hit the target and smash it spectacuarly

Feet up, all comfy for another inspirational Mono grow

I was messing around in the loft yesterday... More boarding out... Much easier to get to grow space now... Even laid carpet off cuts down to make it better when crawling on hands n knees... Oh the decadence !!! :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Still bloody cold up there tho... No snow for us, just poxy rain !!!

Best of luck matey

:high-five:

In Soft Secrets Issue 2 2014 there is an article about a greenhouse grow of 16 plants where the average yield per plant was 2 Kg dried per plant. The smallest yield for a plant was 765 g and the largest was over 3 Kg. They grew in Belgium and the heights were 4 m and width 3.5 m.

There is your target my friend.

I have been contemplating getting some for a long time since I read about the above but I'll watch yours instead :cheesygrinsmiley:.

I've had no snow at all this winter. Plenty of rain.

Sheesh, wish I had the courage to grow that many outdoor plants. The pollytunnel at the house here is 40ft long x 8ft wide x 8ft tall. It's a good thing Mrs Mono is the voice of reason :).

I think it will be interesting to see how well cannabis can grow under plastic in Scotland. Frisian Dew is supposed to finish early October, so we shall see :)

Dare I say it... I'd much rather have rain than snow the :)

Im am honoured matey !!!!!

Lets hope you hit the target and smash it spectacuarly

Feet up, all comfy for another inspirational Mono grow

I was messing around in the loft yesterday... More boarding out... Much easier to get to grow space now... Even laid carpet off cuts down to make it better when crawling on hands n knees... Oh the decadence !!! :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Still bloody cold up there tho... No snow for us, just poxy rain !!!

Best of luck matey

:high-five:

Thanks for the kind words buddy, glad to have you here. The girls here are currently in the loft, fortunately some boarding had already been done. No carpets up there round here, your going all posh on us! Haha :). Have you began to get sick of climbing a ladder every time you want to do things to the room?

Back
Top Bottom