First Grow - 3 x Candy Kush Autos - 400W

greenthumb24

Alright!

So after months of researching and trawling the internet to get clued in I've finally made the step & purchased a kit and 3 Candy Kush Auto seeds (from herbies). I've decided to post a journal to share my experience with others and to hopefully learn more about the whole process myself so any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a lowdown on the set up:

Black Orchid grow tent (80x80x160cm)
400w HPS light kit including reflector, timer, bulb & ballast
Carbon Filter
Odor Eliminator Spray by California Scents
Axial-Flo extractor Fan
BioBizz All-Mix soil
BioBizz Grow & Bloom
Hydrometer for measuring temperature & humidity
PH test kit for soil, water & PH UP/Down
Soil testing kit
3 x 20 litre pots

I'm germinating the 3 seeds in their final pots using the clingfilm method as we speak. I soaked the soil in the pots with water (PH of 6.5) and left under my light for 24 hours in order to dry out the soil a little so its moist and warm for the wee seedlings.

When i can figure out how to post a picture I'll get one up!

Look forward to hearing what you guys think!

GT :Namaste:

shmee.jpg

Managed to figure it out!

the wee one's have been in the tent 24 hours now but i'm yet to see any signs of them breaking through. Patience is a killer haha!
:Namaste:

Good luck, I'll keep an eye out here. I just did some candy kush autos from Herbie.

In fact, I just bought ten more of those seeds

20150301_172209.jpg
20150301_172130.jpg
20150301_172025.jpg

So after 6 days all 3 seeds have successfully broken through the soil and have shed their seed casings. I have however noticed that the biggest one appears to have a coating from the seed casing that's preventing it from opening out, and the other 2 seem a little off colour & have been reluctant to really grow at all the past 32 hours. Anyone got any ideas as to what might be going on? or is this totally normal? I've got them 18 inches away from the 400w hps with an osculating fan blowing directly under the light in order to prevent heat burning the little ones and I've also been misting the top of the soil with water (ph 6.5) a couple times a day in order to keep the grow area moist. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm totally new to this!

Thanks,
GT :Namaste:

So i totally fried 2 of my little guys with my light and lack of proper ventilation but after having bought another extractor fan and keeping a close eye on the temperature i appear to have saved 1!

I've been misting with water (PH 6.5) a few times a day to keep the moisture levels up and the soil damp and have been maintaining the temperature between 24-29. Does anybody have any suggestions when/and how much to water them properly for the first time? The soils pretty dry at the bottom of the pot but its still got the tiniest bit of moisture to it. So worried I'll drown her if i water too soon!

I've attached a couple pics of her so you's can see how she's doing. Would love if someone could let me know if they think she's doing well for a seedling at day 9 or not as this is my first grow & I'm pretty clueless!

Cheers!

GT :Namaste: :lot-o-toke:

rsz_20150310_154740.jpg

rsz_20150310_154724.jpg

Yep, soil looks dry. What are you doing for a light? Are you using that 400 all the up? Mh or hps? I'd give it a few table spoons around the outside of the leaves, not near the stem.. you want to get the roots moving out in search of moisture etc

I'm using a 400w hps that ive gradually lowered to about 2 1/2 feet....since found out that the best light for veg is mh so ill definetly be using that next time round to avoid frying them all! When i mist her (usually 3 times a day) i scoosh the soil around about where you were saying but i find it dries out so quickly. what kinda stage should i be looking at totally watering the soil do you reckon?
Cheers for getting back to me!

GT :tokin:

Day 15 and growth has continued. I'm a little worried about the slight wilting on one of the leaves though? anyone any idea as to what it might be? I've tested the soil PH and its fine, the soil run off is just under 7 and the water I've been giving her is PH 6.5. I was thinking that it could possibly be a heat issue?....I usually keep the tent between 24-29 but it has slipped up to 31 odd a couple of times. Probably wasting my time even posting this as no one ever really gets back to me but hey ho!

rsz_11038571_1060274940656086_8008892784332017593_o.jpg
rsz_11053097_1060274793989434_7481413610285085542_o.jpg

GT :lot-o-toke:

Heyy buddy looking very nice to me !
Be cool and patient bro you have the perfect conditions for her to grow, i only have 150 W HPS and take a look on my journal of how they'r growing
About the leave curling down it could be many things but I think that it isn't anything serious give it time and if it got worst on the top and newer growth then you should worry
Going to stay close to help you bro
I'm not a that very experienced grower that you are looking for but i think any help is welcome :p
keep it going be patient cannabis plant is a very tough lady

Alright mate! Cheers for getting back to me and sorry for not replying, I've been super busy with work the past few days :( Checked out your grow mate, looks dank! I'm on day 20 now, just gave her a second watering. She looks like she's doing alright but the wilting on the leaves has started on the newer leaves too. I'm thinking it could be a humidity problem as i struggle to even keep it at 30%. What you reckon? (I've got a basin of water in the tent along with a damp towel 24/7 and i mist the walls of the tent whenever i can but it only raises it temporarily). A humidifier would do the job but I'm flat broke until pay day haha.

GT :tokin:

I found the leaves on my candy kush to be hard to read, like yours, up, down, turned... might be the strain. And your soil/nutes are different then mine, they turned it fine. But, I'll watch more closely, I'm running them again soon.

hps spectrum of light works better for blooming
id save the hps for bloom and just veg under flouros it be cheaper to run too and less heat
Subbed:thumb:

all good nothing bad :thumb:

subbed

hps spectrum of light works better for blooming
id save the hps for bloom and just veg under flouros it be cheaper to run too and less heat
Subbed:thumb:

you just gave me a great idea for the summer, run one big plant under cfl and ride it all the way, cheap led for the summer heat problems :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom