LoviTonce - First Grow - CFLs - Bag Seeds - Kellogg Organic Soil

lovitonce

:welcome: Hey guys ,, my name is "Lovitonce". :thumb:...I'm new to the forum. I've been researching marijuana cultivation for the past 6 months now. I finally decided i was ready to start growing. I'm mostly interested in getting some hands on experience. I'm planning on fimming and topping a few of my plants and low stress training the others. I currently have seven plants growing. Three, were planted on 02/16/2015 and are in the seedling stage i thought it would be a good idea to name them so it would be easier for me to keep track of witch one is witch. "Ce", "Ome" and "Yei", are the first three seeds i planted, witch mean "One", "Two" and "Three" in Nahuatl. I've visited a lot of marijuana forums and i think 420 magazine is one the best forums. I've gotten a lot of good info here and and trust you guys input. I would really appreciate it if you guy can help out whenever possible :Namaste:
Here is a little info on my setup.:

#of seeds: 7
5 seedlings
2 germinating in soil
Seeds: Bag seeds
Strain: unknown but most likely some herojuana and Og strains. I only smoke the one hitter quiters ;)
Pots: .75 gallon
Soil: Miracle Grow root starter to germinate/Kellogg organic potting soil with 50/50 mix of soil and perlite
Lights: 8cfls at 23watt's per bulb (vegg)/600 watt Hps for flowering .
Grow box: 2'x1.5'x2'
Box temp: 72°-83°
bugs: no (thank god)

Here are a few pictures of my babies:)

This is "Ce" .. she is the very first seed i planted, and as you can imagine, she has a special place in my heart. Im kinda worried about her, and i was wondering if you guys can tell me why her leaves are drooping the way they are? I transplanted her yesterday along with "Ome", "Yei", and "Naui", but for some reason shes the only one that has her leaves drooping ...im not sure if there is something wrong with her or if i am just being ti paranoid? 0_0..:)..i would be very grateful for any input/advice you guys may leave ..thanks guys:)
Screenshot_2015-02-25-12-02-25.png
Screenshot_2015-02-25-12-02-13.png
Screenshot_2015-02-25-12-02-01.png
Screenshot_2015-02-25-12-01-50.png

This is Ome:
Screenshot_2015-02-25-12-01-36.png

Here are more pictures of ome and the rest of my ladies ;)
20150225_114001.jpg
Screenshot_2015-02-25-12-01-27.png

Yei (aka 3)
Screenshot_2015-02-25-12-00-45.png
Screenshot_2015-02-25-12-00-30.png
20150225_114041.jpg

Nahui (aka 4)
20150225_155147.jpg

And last, but not least Cihuatl (aka women) and malinalxochitl (aka grass flower). These two are my babies, im im almost positive these are some OG kush ....i just hope they come out ok.:Namaste:
20150225_154730.jpg

@danishoe21

Thanks for the warm welcome bro... I've been keeping my cfl's about an inch away from the top of all my plants. I wasnt to sure if that was to close or not, so I was keeping a real close eye on them. I heard the closer the better, in order to keep the stem from stretching and keep the distance between nodes to a minimum..? ...i :thanks: for stopping and taking the time to help me out.....OH, and :welcome: to my first grow journal bro...
# yourawesome

:welcome:....Lol, yea, i sure as hell don't want to "love them to death" lol...and i can feel how easy it would be for me to do that. I swear, i feel like they are my babies; literally :). I was actually just reading that on one of the threads. I swear, i was ready to kick my own ass. Thanks for the post bro, keep in touch:thumb::thanks:
#yourawesome!

:welcome:,....Thanks flowness, ive stopped watering them as much, and ive already noticed that they are perking up. Its amazing how fast they respond to their environment; good or bad.

#yourawesome!:thumb:

update: 02/26/2015

Here are more pictures of my baby girls:)...

Today, i accidentally dropped one of my pots on "Ce" ...needless to say pissed off at myself. As you can see she looks a little sad:(. That's why i put that toothpick next to her , so it can make it easier for her to straighten back up..also, i want to add that ive been feeding them (Ce, Ome, and Yei) a very low dose of "Superthrive" (about 1/8 of the recomended dosage), and, when i transplanted them i used the superthrive mixer to get my new potting soil moist. They are the only one I've been feeding so far; the rest of them are getting plain water. Cihuatl and Malinalxochitl (witch are the ones im germinating right now), look like their coming along just fine. I can already see them pushing through the soil:thumb:. I would also like to add that when i started my grow with my first three plants (Ce, Ome, Yei), i was keeping my Cfl's about a foot away from them. What i noticed, is that with Nahui, who i planted 3 days after Ce, Ome and Yei and have been keeping the lights about a half inch away from top of plant, has already started growing her second set of leaves and the first two sets are smaller than the first two on Ce, Ome and Yei. If you scroll down and see the pics you can see what I'm talking about. I'm not sure if it is because of the distance I've been keeping my lights from her from day one; I'm pretty sure it is though. Lastly, i wanted to add that Macuilli was planted on the same day as Nahui. I germinated both of them in a moist paper towel and two dishes, as you can see in the pics macuilli has been struggling, but shes a fighter; I'm not giving up on her.

P.S. my baby girls are growing so fast; pretty soon i will need to get them their training bra's.lol:thumb::)

CE, aka no. 1
20150226_123953.jpg
20150226_123907.jpg
20150225_154845.jpg

OME, aka no. 2
20150226_123328.jpg
20150226_123725.jpg
20150226_123641.jpg

YEI, aka no. 3
20150226_122748.jpg
20150226_123540.jpg

NAHUI, aka no. 4
20150226_133338.jpg
20150226_133330.jpg
20150226_123447.jpg

MACUILLI, aka no. 5
20150226_123830.jpg
20150226_123805.jpg

CIHUATL, aka Woman
20150226_124051.jpg

MALINALXOCHITL, aka Grass Flower
20150226_124105.jpg

::bitingnails:Well, when the lights are on there at about 74°, seriously, i havent checked the temp during lights out.....do you think my baby girls are trying to tell me its to cold for them at night? Could that be the reason their leaves are turning purple? If so, how big of a problem is it?...damn im worried now:bitingnails::bitingnails::trance:

#yourawesome:)

I wanted to add that i stay in cali, so the low temps out here are at about 56° and a high temp at about 75° right now....i was thinking since they were in my closet that the temps would not get down in the 50s like it does outdoors. I was thinking that it might get down to like 63°. Im going to check though, so i can get an accurate number. Also i have them on a 19/5 light schedule; 19 hours on/5 hours off so i was figuring that the lights would keep them warm, since they are on most of the time...??i didnt think it would be a problem ...boy i tell ya, i hope its not a seriouse problem? I thinkni feel sick........:(

Ill do a conversion because im from australia ... so 74 to 83 is ideal and your temp when lights out or at night shouldnt get below a drop of 7 degrees from your normal temp if your having trouble at night temps id suggest having your lights on at night when its cooler to try and balance out the temp change or add a globe or two of cfls to increase heat one cfl in my tent raised my temp by two degrees, what are you using for air flow ?

Cannabis will survive in the mid 50's but growth will cease, if there is a heat problem you can run them 24 hours of light, many people have night temps in veg in the lo 60's. When your flowering temps should not fluctuate more than 10 degrees, to stressful. Try not to worry so much, stay positive, a positive vibe will follow you into the grow area and transfer to your ladies.

I have a little 6" computer fan mounted on the top of my grow box and a few intake hole drilled a the bottom of grow box. My grow space is 2'x1.5'x3'. I actually bought a 3ftx4ftx6.5ft grow tent, a 600watt apollo ballast with an air cooled hood and two hps bulb; i bought them on ebay. Well, fellas I think thats what I'm going to do; im just going to keep the lights on 24/7. Do you guys think its stressfull for them if i change the light schedule to 24/7 and when i get my grow tent switch them back to 18/6 for the rest of the vegging stage?......thanks for the quick replies guys.:):thumb:

P.S you know, .......i thinks its a little ironic that i am having temp problems and Im an A/C tech. Lol..im going to install a mini split in the room where i keep the grow tent. I just havent had much time because of work and school.:/

#Youguysareawesome:)

Back
Top Bottom