Dinafem White Widdow XXL Auto Fem - Mars Hydro 48x3 reflector

Bammers

Hi Guys,

Just started my first grow and thought I would put together a grow log.

Strain: Dinafem White Widow XXL (Auto & Fem).

This is my first real attempt at growing as my previous attempt ended with a massive mite infestation that had to be tossed.

Pot: 2 Galon pot
Grow Media: Soil - Osmocote Plus Organics Vegetable & Herb Mix mixed with Perlite (70/30 ratio)
Light: 48x3 (150w) Mars Hydro Reflector LED
Cabinet: Stealth cabinet (converted 4 draw filing cabinet) measuring 130cm(h) x 48cm(d) x 42cm(w) -- converted to roughly 4.3ft(h) x 1.5ft(d) x 1.4ft(w)
Fans: 1x 4" axial fan pulling through carbon filter and 2x passive 4" intakes
Temps at present ranging between 25-29deg C - Currently summer here, can't wait for the cooler weather to kick in!!!

I am growing these under 24hr light, so no darkness for these little ladies! They gunna be wide awake from start to finish!

Will update weekly every Sunday and of course -any suggestions / input welcomed from seasoned growers! :)

Enjoy the pix and the grow as I am hoping for good things with this one!

The seed germinated within 48hrs after placing into container of water and waiting for tap root to emerge. I then placed it into the above said media and took 2 days to pop its head out.

First pics below are 7 days from sprout

Day 14 update.

She had her first drink 2days ago with 1/2 strength Bio Bizz - Bio Grow and added some dolomite in there just as I am growing under LED and apparently they need the odd top up or two!

Must say for such a young girl there is plenty of growth - starting to bush out quite a bit, but is staying really low. I am sure she will take off north very soon. Very happy with the growth thus far.

Enjoy the PICS! :)

Day 21 Update

Hey all, well week 3 has just finished (day 21) and things are still coming along nicely. She has had a few feeds and is bushing up nicely.

I would like some advise regarding the lowest leaves on this plant - seems one or two leaves have started yellowing up and have started going a bit manky / rusty / stained (as can be seen in the pics). New leaves don't seem to suffer at all only the bottom ones. Could it be a possible Cal-Mag deficiency? I have ordered some Alg-a-mic anyways and will be applying that when it arrives in the next day or two.

Hope to see some pre-flowers soon and would really love to see it gain some height - she is so compact at the moment and I would have grown two of these if I knew she was going to be so low and bushy!

Thanks for any input you have!

Hey Guys - need a little help here please - my plant seems to be going down hill!!

Can anyone tell me whats going on with these leaves? They seem to be going yellow / stained then shriveling up and dieing (bottom fan leaves). I am thinking this is a cal-mag deficiency, but am not 100% sure?

If anyone could shed some insight into this problem that'd be much appreciated!!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

The bottom leaves almost always do that with plants that grow short at first as they are not getting much light and often touch the soil. I'm on my 3rd grow and mine did that too.
Your newer growth does look like a deficiency of some kind which can normally be cured with a correct PH for your medium. You don't mention PH at all, so I'll assume that is definitely the issue.
As Antics said "What's the soil PH?
Water/Nute PH?"

PH is probably one of, if not THE most important thing to get your head around when growing weed. It can cause so many issues that look like so many other issues, you can go mental trying to work things out. Get your PH corrected and most other problems will go away too.

Here's something I found that explains better than I could:-

"The pH scale runs from 1 to 11, with lower numbers being acidic and higher numbers being alkaline. The cannabis plant prefers a pH environment of 5.5 to 6.5. When the pH environment rises in alkalinity above 7.5, the roots are not able to consume the available iron, copper, zinc, manganese, and boron ions in their vicinity, and when the pH lowers into acidity to less than 6 the roots are not able to access phosphoric acid, calcium, and magnesium because they lose their solubility. If the pH drops to between 5 to 3 with temperatures above 26 degrees Celsius fungal diseases become a threat to the plant."

Ideal PH for soil is 6.2 - 6.5
Ideal PH for hydro is 5.8 - 6.0

Back
Top Bottom