Northern Light Auto - Soil - Stealth - CFL - Newbie

TurboDreams

So after reading months of peoples grow journals, I wanted to finally try it myself. Btw this site is great for information. The members don't flame newbies or give them sh*t for making mistakes. Everyone is very helpful.

So here it goes.

Strain- Northern light Auto Fem
Soil grow indoor
2.5 gallon container
Cfl lights 4x100 watt = 400 watts ( have 600 watt setup if needed)
Seeds from Nirvana
Indoor "stealth" cabinet from ebay. Box dimensions - L-16" x w-12" x H-36" ( will give full review on it)
1 plant
Uni Gro premium organic soil. Found at my local nursery. Looks to have a good mix in it though
( was not able to find promix or fox farm )
Currently running 18 on 6 off for the whole grow
Will be using techna flora nutes starter kit

Nirvana Seed came so stealth that i didn't even know what it was. lol
Seeds were ordered 2-15-15
Seeds Arrived 2-27-15
8 working days. It felt like forever but it was quick.

My grow box i bought from Ebay. I can feel through the computer everyone say ( build your own) Well i bought mine. This review is for everyone who wants to ask about it but doesn't want to look "dumb". I paid 320 for my box shipped. I needed something stealthy for when family comes over they don't look twice at a black cabinet in the closet. Maybe next ill use hydro setup with 6 plants. But i wanted to start easier.
Included was

6 carbon filters
8 CFl Bulbs
2.5 Gallon Pot
6 bulb fixtures
Surge Protector
Timer
Extension Cord
2 computer fans
Pulley cord Setup
Mylar covers the whole inside.
Its pretty much light proof except for the back where the cord comes out of.

The box is made out of plywood. It was painted black. I went ahead and put 2 coats of Thompson Wood Sealer to help with accidental spills on the outside and to help reduce smell coming from the inside of the box.

The cons to the box-
The door doesn't open unless you tilt the box slightly back so it doesn't get stuck on the carpet/floor.
The built in fans are not strong enough to bring in air and keep the box cool.
The light setup isn't stable. Its on a single rope system so it always moves or it tilts.

I don't know how well it will do with smell. If anyone has questions feel free to ask. This is my first grow and I welcome feedback from anyone. Im making my journal to help new people as others have help me by writing theirs.

IMG_49333.JPG
IMG_49016.jpg
IMG_49057.jpg

IMG_49327.jpg

IMG_49185.jpg

So everything seems to be going ok. Only issue I'm running into is temp in the box. Temps are around 86-89 degrees and thats with the additional fan i put in. 10 bucks from walmart. I'm gonna try removing a bulb to see if it drops the temp. Ill grow at 300 watts. Humidity is also low.16% I don't know if that is normal starting out or if i need to increase it immediately. ??

soil might be a little hot , i would have put 6 inch of plain compost on the top layer and as they grow they will have the richer stuff , but im not sure on that , i mixed my own soil today funny enough but when i plant ill use plain compost with no added nutes just so i dont burn them . keep an eye you might be fine :)

good luck and hope you grow killer weed

Back
Top Bottom