Klinger's Tribute Shed - 2015 - Master Kush + ?

BrixKlinger

Here we go! I am gonna give you guys some basic info, then some photo history of who you are dealing with. I've been doing construction in the shed the last 2 days, everything is on that final phase, electrician finishes early next week, then I will do drywall and insulation and a hundred other things. Next week I will get construction photos up and shortly thereafter some fresh greens. I already have well rooted clones ready to go.

What strain is it? Master Kush (Hindu Kush x Skunk)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Classically indica dominant strain, excited to see how DBHB(Doc Buds High Brix) sativafies it. I wonder if this is a strain that wants Epsoms.
Size of light? 4 double ended 1kw Gavitas, a big t5
7 gal smart pots
very short veg (i'm gonna upcan, let them get used to their new homes for like 2 weeks, and flip. round 2 will have much longer veg.
Is it aircooled? AC going in next week.
Will be running the Doc's Kit.

Here are some of my daily tools. The Vapor rig setup was mostly for novelty sake, its kinda of a pain in the ass. I use the bong to smoke out of usually.

vapor_bong.jpg

My friend made this recycler custom for my e-nail setup.

rig1.jpg

Got the little orange one first then when I saw his big brother I couldn't resist. The blue one is HEAVY!

pipes7.jpg

My avatar pic is full moon at 12k' at like 3am climbing some of these CO 14'ers. Chloe the dog also likes to climb! This summer we hiked up St. Mary's glacier for a little refreshment. Cole the dog loves snowboarding!

Here are some pics of my last round. I didn't make any feeding decisions on nutes or anything, but I did build the tables, dial in the environment, kill the pests and mold, repot, trellis and build/design the drip system. Needless to say I've moved on. A photo resume so to speak.

trellis.jpg

I go in one day, and a bunch of plants are cut. Like majorly. I'm losing my shit. It looks like it was done with scissors, like a total sabotage. Well it was a rat.

Here they are after foilar mid bloom

midlife.jpg
midlife2.jpg

And at the end:

last_try.jpg

Been in the restaurant biz since the cafeteria in jr. high(1990ish so u can date me), all positions, mostly kitchen, mostly sushi now since 2003.

I spent 6 years as a roofer in my early 20s cutting my teeth in the construction game, all those skills are coming full circle.

I will update in the next couple days with pics of wood and sawdust (everyone loves that!) as well as a bunch of the gear we got ready to put in the bastard.

Hopefully u guys enjoy/don't mind me putting a teaser out there, stuff is happening and I can't contain myself

The stoke will not end!

Some more details about the grow space:

-Bloom area is 10x12' with 14' barn ceilings.
-2 4x8 tables with 4-6 plants per table, 2 lights per table
-putting in an industrial ceiling fan (rated for outdoor/moisture) with reversible airflow (which I plan to use) to destratify the air and pull CO2 up (this is my own idea, just going with it, never heard of suchness). Other advantages that drove me here was to replace several oscillating wall fans with one big one, also to gain thermal efficiency (retaining heat in winter and cooling all the time) by really moving the air through the whole room. Feel free to comment if my ideas are flawed, I'm an HVAC student who skips class and smokes alot of ganja.
-plan to use threaded rod to hang a frame below the fan to hang lights off of, they should still be a good 10-11' off the floor.

Front of shed will have a 4 foot work space inside the front door with a loft above it for veg/t5 maybe upgrade to a 400w to ease transition to the strong lights.

Here we go! I am gonna give you guys some basic info, then some photo history of who you are dealing with. I've been doing construction in the shed the last 2 days, everything is on that final phase, electrician finishes early next week, then I will do drywall and insulation and a hundred other things. Next week I will get construction photos up and shortly thereafter some fresh greens. I already have well rooted clones ready to go.

What strain is it? Master Kush (Hindu Kush x Skunk)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Classically indica dominant strain, excited to see how DBHB(Doc Buds High Brix) sativafies it. I wonder if this is a strain that wants Epsoms.
Size of light? 4 double ended 1kw Gavitas, a big t5
7 gal smart pots
very short veg (i'm gonna upcan, let them get used to their new homes for like 2 weeks, and flip. round 2 will have much longer veg.
Is it aircooled? AC going in next week.
Will be running the Doc's Kit.

Here are some of my daily tools. The Vapor rig setup was mostly for novelty sake, its kinda of a pain in the ass. I use the bong to smoke out of usually.

vapor_bong.jpg

My friend made this recycler custom for my e-nail setup.

rig1.jpg

Got the little orange one first then when I saw his big brother I couldn't resist. The blue one is HEAVY!

pipes7.jpg

My avatar pic is full moon at 12k' at like 3am climbing some of these CO 14'ers. Chloe the dog also likes to climb! This summer we hiked up St. Mary's glacier for a little refreshment. Cole the dog loves snowboarding!

Here are some pics of my last round. I didn't make any feeding decisions on nutes or anything, but I did build the tables, dial in the environment, kill the pests and mold, repot, trellis and build/design the drip system. Needless to say I've moved on. A photo resume so to speak.

trellis.jpg

I go in one day, and a bunch of plants are cut. Like majorly. I'm losing my shit. It looks like it was done with scissors, like a total sabotage. Well it was a rat.

Here they are after foilar mid bloom

midlife.jpg
midlife2.jpg

And at the end:

last_try.jpg

Been in the restaurant biz since the cafeteria in jr. high(1990ish so u can date me), all positions, mostly kitchen, mostly sushi now since 2003.

I spent 6 years as a roofer in my early 20s cutting my teeth in the construction game, all those skills are coming full circle.

I will update in the next couple days with pics of wood and sawdust (everyone loves that!) as well as a bunch of the gear we got ready to put in the bastard.

Hopefully u guys enjoy/don't mind me putting a teaser out there, stuff is happening and I can't contain myself!

:high-five:

+subbed! :thumb:

I like the size of your operation. This should be fun. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks guys! As I said in the other thread, I got diverted to a roof repair this week that has just devolved into a giant mess of a project.

Planning to grab the ladies in the next couple of days and get them in a temporary home with some pics.

some progress....

gear candy!

CAM00468_zpsq05lted6.JPG

In addition to whats in the pictures, got all of the insulation today, about half of it in, electrical is roughed in.

CAM00469_zpsunmeqiw1.JPG

Just got these babies from another caregiver 12 Master Kush clones are under all 8 bulbs of the t5. They will just drink plain water until they need to upcan into DBHB soil.

PART_1426704338688_20150318_123937_zps43jc9zjo.JPG
PART_1426704335131_20150318_124022_zpswewuljto.JPG

I have some construction questions: if i insulate and drywall everything, won't I have condensation issues? Or will it be fine as long as I keep the inside rH down? I went ahead and put 2 rows of provent between studs on each wall, and plan to do the same on the ceiling.. but they are still sealed...I could put a couple holes in the walls ala dryer vent style on the outside, or ridge/mushroom vent on the roof but this won't function the same as an attic because it is cathedral style. I don't wanna build all this stuff and then have it leak from the inside out. Thoughts?

Just a minibump to keep the thing alive.

Things are going well, actually got them out of the solos and into HB dirt for the first time today in 1gal smarties (I wanted plastic, but next time, these are what I have, they work great for the dunk method!)

So today with 12 plants upcanned to 1 gal pots with Roots sprinkled on the rootballs I mixed up 2.5 gallons of food. For this I used 1/8oz Transplant and 1.25mL Tea. I then split the water into 2 buckets and fed them dunk method. Afterwards there was about an inch of water in each bucket which I topfed to the group. There was a little runoff on the table.

The next 2 waterings will be plain water with 1/4oz/5gal transplant, followed by Growth with Tea.

Tomorrow or wed brix foliar.

Thursday or Friday use the other half of the Dstress that I mixed today sitting in the fridge.

I went ahead and did my first foliar today as well with Dstress as they don't look too good. Fwiw their current environment is not properly controlled. If anything they are looking monster croppy from heat stress. I may flip a couple of them in about 10 days but most will veg at least a month so I get get them good and brixey first.

Probably top them next week too.

I did take pictures but they don't look great, so I thought I would wait to post them with some after pics when the HB soil has had a chance to hook up.

They are in a basement bedroom that doesn't get the door left open as much as I'd like, so until I get them into the master environment, I'm gonna keep my expectations low and just be happy they aren't dead (its not that bad, but my actual expectations and demands and ocd nature go the other way).

The shed is almost done, had to reschedule final inspection so its dragging a little, its mostly mudded though, power is on, industrial fan with reverse flow installed (its fucking cool!)... Hopefully the girls will be able to move in by the end of next week, or at least start thinking about it.

DBHB disciples please weigh in on my initial feeding (it was my first time to crack the DBHB bottles!) in terms of recipe and concept. I maybe too gung ho on the foliars already, but not sure how to dial it back. Maybe its cool.

I certainly found interesting how the foliar mixed up dark while the food was so light. New metrics.

Your feed ratios were right on, Klinger. It's the equivalent of 12 gallons of soil. :thumb:

DeStress will be great for them now. I'd spray 'em every 4 days for a week or two, until they're obviously hooked up. I'd wait a week before Brix though, unless they're looking a lot more healthy than the last pics.

Working on a major update this evening, stay tuned/join the fun!

Pictures!
Equipment!
Pruning!
Foliars!
CO2 enrichment!

The girls have really hooked into their new DBHB homes!

Had HVAC over for estimates today, things are really moving quickly. Last coat of mud going on. Paint, boom.

compare the first 2 pics to the last 2

Heres how they looked 10 days ago right after they got fed their Transplant Drench with Tea. Whether from heat, photoperiod, or both, they are displaying signs of preflower, as well as really ugly jammed up growth/stacked nodes at the bottom, which we are gonna prune.

CAM00488_zpshz8ytjws.JPG

CAM00489_zps0sxoibvo.JPG

Dunk style feeding! They were getting droopy so today was water with 1/2oz Transplant for 12 plants. Same thing next time, then they will get their first Growth Energy Drench (1oz) and 5ml Tea. Should I go even stronger next time?

CAM00493_zpskqbgu7sw.JPG

Gear and tricks!

CAM00496_zps6fol0pn5.JPG
CAM00497_zpsrjwimgc9.JPG

Distance from 8 bulb t5:

CAM00522_zpsegefjzi1.JPG

Schedule:

CAM00518_zpssyepywli.JPG

Some before and after pruning (went pretty aggressive with it, really wanted to get rid of all the tightly stacked crap at the bottom, they have lots of time to get big. Also the stems are burly and strong as fuck):

CAM00501_zpszajkpfpr.JPG
CAM00502_zpsvukk5pja.JPG
CAM00507_zps6r3c8ng3.JPG
CAM00511_zpsnitcysps.JPG

After pruning they got their first Brix application (so far they have just gotten 3 applications of Destress, 4 days apart). Couple hours later...look at em pray!

CAM00526_zpscpxu8eqs.JPG
CAM00525_zpsvafa3edg.JPG

The CO2 enrichment should mitigate some of my environmental issues over the next week before they really get to go live in paradise. To be fair temps haven't really gone above 80 to my knowledge.

Tuesday I will return and begin to pinch and bend. (thats what the safety pins are for)

You've really turned them around. New growth is excellent. Good job!

When dunking, I recommend a stronger concentration of drenches. Remember, most is going to drain right back into the bucket.

FWIW I am keeping a full bucket of food with a few buckets strewn around with a few inches of water in each. As the plants use food in each of these secondary buckets, I refill them from the clean full strength one. By the end the water in the secondary buckets has of course changed color, but hopefully every plant has had some of the undiluted stuff from the fresh full.

I went stronger this last time...I'm wondering how much you mean. Double? 30-50% stronger?

As far as I can tell my first transplant feeding was on the weak side, then my last "watering" was by the book (1/4oz transplant/6plants x2).

You've told me "stronger padawan" 3x now. I'm listening!!

How much Tea in a 12 plant drench? I would have done 5 by the recipe.

Now I will lean to 1.5 oz drench/7ml tea..?

Also I went ahead and got 15gallon smarties to finish in, now I just have to find big enough saucers. I realize they may be barely over half full. I do plan to add more EWC with the ReCharge too.

I went stronger this last time...I'm wondering how much you mean. Double? 30-50% stronger?

As far as I can tell my first transplant feeding was on the weak side, then my last "watering" was by the book (1/4oz transplant/6plants x2).

You've told me "stronger padawan" 3x now. I'm listening!!

How much Tea in a 12 plant drench? I would have done 5 by the recipe.

If you're pouring it down the top, I'd mix 2 ounces for 12 plants. If soaking/dunking 4 oz. But save the left over and either use it on other plants, etc.

This isn't in the instructions yet....it's something a few of us are figuring out. You can also soak in a normal solution and pour a strong drench down the top if you want to manage your product better.

4oz applications...doesn't seem like I will have enough product to finish the 2 kits.....?

I don't mind buying more, but thats a significant bump from the original recipe?!

Wont' be dunking in the 15s, just the 1s.

Lots of new parameters here, but I'm not scairt. Lookee dem plants.

Just to be clear I would happily be on the forefront of whats "not in the instructions yet" regardless of what it cost me in fish juice.

Keep doing what u do mastersan.

4oz applications...doesn't seem like I will have enough product to finish the 2 kits.....?

I don't mind buying more, but thats a significant bump from the original recipe?!

Wont' be dunking in the 15s, just the 1s.

Lots of new parameters here, but I'm not scairt. Lookee dem plants.

Correct. I do not dunk in bloom.....I use the saucers there and mix up normal. Only the small containers in veg....and in veg I also use saucers and only dunk maybe every other watering.

Damn this looks like a nice journal to join. I love what I've seen so far and I'm enjoying watching ppl that are using docs kit. I just purchased all house and garden for my next couple rounds but as soon as I harvest this next round and have a Lil extra spending money I will be giving docs kit a try.

Back
Top Bottom