DrZiggy's 2nd Journal - ACE Seeds - High Brix - LEDs

I will be doing a journal of various ACE Seed strains, mostly Sativas, from seed 11/13, using Doc Buds High Brix Kit and LEDs.

I would like to thank 420 magazine for producing, enabling and allowing this incredible site of 420 resources and information to share.
-Thank you, Doc Bud for never stopping your learning and for sharing of those learnings.
-thank you..You!! to all you incredible members for sharing, and readers of this excellent resource, that help each of us on our journey with this most amazing plant.

ACE Strains, descriptions from ACE seeds dot org

Golden Tiger (Standard aka Regular or Photo'd seeds)

GOLDEN TIGER STANDARD
THE TIGER’S SWIPE !!!
In Golden Tiger standard we have combined 2 of the most potent and resinous landrace sativas we have ever worked with: the famous 'killer' Malawi and a Hmong Thai (exceptional highland thai from Cannabiogen).

The outcome is a 100 % sativa hybrid with great vegetative strength, remarkable for its overpowering potency and its exceptional floral traits. The flowers overflow, forming dense buds with little leaves. The trichomes are huge, plentiful and loaded with powerful cannabinoids.

This standard version of Golden Tiger has stronger Malawi influence, contains only one Thai strain (Hmong) and the flowering is sligthly shorter than the feminized version.

Golden Tiger is an excellent alternative to the haze sativas. It will fascinate the most demanding growers, looking for new sativa experiences of the highest order.

Genetics
100 % sativa. F3 semi stabilized hybrid. Malawi killer x Hmong Thai.

Smell, Taste/High
Organic, fermented and resinous aromas, with woody and spicy background, and touches of lemon and ripe mandarine. Extreme effect of psychedelic sativa: dense, stimulant and very long lasting. It may be devastating for beginners. Recommended only for the harder and most experienced sativa users.

Purple Haze

PURPLE HAZE STANDARD
THE AUTHENTIC PURPLE HAZE OF THE 70'S WITH ALL ITS SPLENDOR OF AROMAS, EFFECTS AND COLORS

At last, the mythical tropical Purple Haze of the 70’s without being mixed and in all its magnificence is finally available for all those nostalgic lovers of the old school sativas.

In this version of the Oldtimers Haze, we offer you a selection of purple and reddish phenotypes with a strong influence of the purple highland colombian sativas, within the genotype of the original Haze population.

Purple Haze is different from Green Haze because its stems and flowers ripe with impressive purple and reddish colors. Its aromas are also darker: of black liquor and wild blackberry.

Genetics
100 % sativa. Stabilized hybrid of tropical sativas from the 60s and 70s, with high influence of purple highland colombian sativa.

Smell, Taste/High
Wood, species, incense and black liquor. Ancient old school sativa aroma. Stimulating, mental effect. High THC/ low CBD ratio that produces an unlimited effect without ceiling. More introspective than Green Haze.

Zamaldelica
ZAMALDELICA STANDARD
SUPER SATIVA HYBRID WITH STRONG STIMULANT, UPLIFTING AND PSYCHEDELIC EFFECTS

Zamal is an exotic african sativa from La Reunion Island, close to Madagascar, famous for its extreme vigor and legendary psychedelic effect.

An excellent Zamal mother selected for its trippy effect, fast flowering and remarkable sweet carrot and floral fragrances, was pollinated by the powerful Golden Tiger in order to create Zamaldelica, a super sativa hybrid with strong uplifting and lysergic effect and amazing vigorous growth.
Zamaldelica is receiving an excellent reception among sativa lovers from all around the world.
Its outstanding potency, very high THC content and the quality of its effect have no parallel in recent sativa breeding.

Genetics
100 % sativa poly hybrid. Zamal x Malawi/Thai

Smell, Taste/High
Sweet carrot, mango, orange, flowers and resins. Astronomically powerful, refined effect of premium quality. Clear, euphoric, stimulating and soaring. Utterly psychedelic in certain cases.

Panama

PANAMA STANDARD
THE GENUINE PANAMA RED ADAPTED TO MODERN INDOOR GROWING AND TEMPERATE LATITUDES

Panama combines 3 excellent sativas from Panama. It is one of the most popular, powerful and high yielding sativa in our catalogue.

Very elaborated hybrid of great potency and vegetative vigor. It produces beautiful, large, dense flowers full of trichomes, often showing reddish and pinkish pistils when flowering, traits usually associated with the mythic Panama Red and Colombia Punto Rojo strains.

Panama is probably the best american pure sativa hybrid bred in the last 15 years. Its aroma and effect are reminiscent of the best Colombian and Panama Red sativas from the 70’s.

Genetics
100 % sativa. Semi stabilized F8-F10 hybrid between 3 Panama sativa strains.

Smell, Taste/ High
Penetrating organic aroma, mainly lemon and incense. In some phenos sweeter with strawberry aromas. Very powerful, psychedelic and long lasting effect. The red pheno usually has a denser and heavier effect, while the green ones provide a much cleaner and energetic experience.

Purple Haze x Malawi aka Purple Malawi (standard or reg)- site only had info from Fem'd seeds

PURPLE HAZE x MALAWI FEMINIZED
THE POWERFUL AFRICAN GENETICS BRING THE HAZE TO A NEW SUPER SATIVA DIMENSION

Purple Haze x Malawi is an old school F1 pure sativa hybrid, with strong Purple Haze dominance and improved vigour, yield and potency from our Malawi line.

In order to create this spectacular sativa, our best Purple Haze was pollinated by the killer Malawi. The powerful african genes adds a new dimension to the super sativa Haze concept, creating one of our most interesting 'sativa haze' hybrids.

Genetics
100 % sativa. F1 hybrid. Purple Haze x killer Malawi.

Smell, Taste/High
Exotic aroma of blackberry liquour, red wine, spices, incense and wood, with citric touches
.Oily and fermented background. Powerful, long lasting and stimulating effect of premium quality.

Looks like I'm second...I want to grow that Golden Tiger in a future grow...sounds quite intriguing...

Oh yeah...subbed!

WOOT! Can't wait!

Nematode, My current grow, my 1st journal is also on 11/13 from seed. Its a great way to grow quickly, in less space and various strains. I only grew a few autos this time to test the ones I made. Theyre doing great.
I have other autos I will use for trying new ideas and tweaking old ones..like making new seeds ;) but this journal(2) will focus on the ACE strains, Docs Kit and Platinum LEDs.
Pictures and info to bring us to date.. I.e. catchup, coming soon...:)

Great strain selection Ziggy. I'm definitely curious about growing 11/13 from seed. When you have a seed that should finish in 8 weeks say 4 weeks veg + 8 weeks flower=12 weeks. How long would it take with this method? About the same?

I ordered ACE seeds from ACE.
Soaked the above mentioned seeds; 3 of each strain, 12 hrs in room temp water 12 hrs.
Placed in 16 oz cups, 1/2 filled with High Brix Soil (1/2 reused, 1/2 new), a 1/4" divot as Docs instructions, sprinkled with Roots! And watered in place with rm temp water, in both red plastic cold and foam coffee cups. The cups had slits on bottom made to allow air and draining. The coffee cups are a thin foam and I found them to have better root development(something to check out at later date) and way easier to upcan with a tier method, by cutting the bottom off, then cutting the plastic cups. Cups were placed 3-4' under a new, black, 450W. 4-5 days later, sprouts.
When seedling bottom leaves were past the top rim of their cups, I used New HB soil to cover stems. This will 'sink' the plant, grow more roots from the covered stems. I am growing these seeds with a 11/13(11 light/ 13 dark) light schedule.
Please note: I am using both switches on the LEDs 'ON'. I dont know if with just 'Grow' on, and then switching to flower in 2 weeks will do much different, but im trying this grow, again, with both G&B switches on. Maybe some else can try a 11/13 from seed w no bloom lights on at first.

Non auto'd seeds seem to become auto like. In the time one can grow an auto, a regular avr duration seed, if becomes female, will be harvested in a much shorter time than grown with other light schedules, and comparable with typical Auto times.
The shortened light schedule promotes shorter plants.

Some pics

image17658.jpg

image17657.jpg

image20407.jpg
image20552.jpg
image20553.jpg
image20623.jpg
image20624.jpg

Today I upcanned, from their cups, tiered, onto/into a 5" pot
As per Doc Buds instructions..

Got stuff together
image20971.jpg

Filled pots with High Brix Soil, 1/2 new, 1/2 2nd run, mixed
image20968.jpg

image20969.jpg

Dusted with Roots! The soil tops, measured in cup depth is 1-2"
image20972.jpg

Cut bottoms off carefully
image20975.jpg

Vertically cut roots from above, down 4 places at 12, 3, 6, 9:00 or N, E, S, W, dusted with Roots!
image20973.jpg

Placed finished tiered pots on lid of tote to act as flood table :)
image20974.jpg
image20977.jpg
image20978.jpg

Watered from mostly bottom, a lttle on top, with 1 ml CaMg in 3 gal room temp water, then tipped carefully while holding the cup and pot to drain. Placed on tote lid and under LED.
image20976.jpg
image20982.jpg
image20978.jpg

Girls to be ;) were sprayed with DeStress(Kit)
..and we are now Here...:high-five:

kinda confused about your tiering method, what do you do when you upcan from the 1 gal to larger?

I think its a qt..1-1/2 qts at most. I will cut off bottoms or just place 3 pots onto a 10 gal softpot. These 5" pots have large holes. I will see what their roots do. :)

thats interesting, have you always done it this way?
do you see any benefit to this method or is it just easier for you?

In 1st journal, the smaller pots were tiered onto larger pots of previous grown plants, but roots kept intact, only stem of harvested plant was removed.

Hey Ziggs....wtf brotha? You got too much time...:laughtwo: It's not fare. I like the way you up can that way....reminds me when i used to leave about 1/3 of the smaller pots soil sticking up from the next larger pot each time i transplanted it....read it in an old grow book. Lets the roots really breath well and have a tendancy to over develope, up top, close to the surface ....like a 1000 yr. old tree. Sativa madness or what? I can see why your doin all those strains starting right off at 11/13. If you let any of em get goin....youde be in a world of hurt!:rofl: Hey Ziggs....have you ever grown a 100% Landrace Sativa , like ....say a Columbian Gold or Panama Red.? Anyhow Ziggs....i'm a little late gettin here but that's not hard around here....miss a day and it takes two ,to catch up! Have a great afternoon .....cheers.:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom