Fuzzy's - Fast Version by Sweet Seeds

Fuzzy Duck

Welcome to my journal & it has been some time since i last kept one i'm feeling like a complete numptie doing an auto grow as it is a little bit beyond my field of knowledge at the moment.

I would just like to think of this as a new challenge & to aid my learning curve, this old dog gonna learn new tricks :thumb:

Strain - Green Poison by Sweet Seeds a F1 hybrid, fast version - about 6 weeks so they say.

I mainly picked this strain for its insomnia & pain relief medical qualities also to see how fast it is, ye timing going to be put to the test.

Genetic: 70% Indica; 30% Sativa
THC: 15-20% CBD: 0.9% CBN: 0.4%

Lighting - Sticking with my well trusted 6500k 125w cfl for germination and a unknown amount of time for veg at the moment.

Current light cycle 16/8, i've used this for a long time & works well for me so i'm going to roll with it for awhile with the auto's.

I suspect i'll flip at some point when clear signs of flowering begins perhaps just past the pre flower stage to 14/10 for the rest of flowering - unsure at the moment as i feel the need to observe growth or plant development ?

Flowering bulb - 400w Hps.

Soil - Biobbizz all mix another product i've used from day dot & classed as organic certificated.

Nutrients - Hesi root complex, bloom, boost, super vit & bud link a silica based additive.

Not worried about veg nutrients as the compost mix contains enough for a few weeks but will be using root complex along with the bud link at 50% rate of application for the next few weeks..

One week ago to the day seeds where placed in rehydrate peat pucks/pellets all 5 germinated in around 4 to 5 days, even the the seed packet stated the seeds where harvest in January 2013... yup 2 year old seeds i'll add pic later on that one.

PICT000162.JPG

Potted up today as some little white roots where sticking through the side of the peat pucks, i expect they willl stay in these smaller pots for about 2 weeks before final potting up into my well loved 6 liter air pots.

PICT000651.JPG

Some of the nutrients i'll be using straight of the bat all where watered in with a 50% rate of application.

PICT000464.JPG

Root complex nutrients are pretty assume for seedlings & the first few weeks of growth i do like to use em after potting up to help things out a little :high-five:

just love the creativity of the packagers of mj seeds,, all the best for this grow,, :Namaste:

Cool, front row. I'm curious, most say you should plant autos in their final pot. What is your take? There is a lot I don't know, and even more conflicting. But, I'm doing them next so I'll be watching and learning, thanks!

Cool, front row. I'm curious, most say you should plant autos in their final pot. What is your take? There is a lot I don't know, and even more conflicting. But, I'm doing them next so I'll be watching and learning, thanks!

Ye it is a good question :thumb:

I'm really just going to roll with past experience & mildly looking over this area - Auto-Flowering

Along with this journal - The Secret Auto Garden which kind of made my choice with current seed breeder Sweet Seeds (Spanish breeder).

Final pot size ah, i really don't think that is needed at present with current size of plants !

I mean if i stuck em in a larger 6 liter air pot & watered well it is going to be a good couple of weeks before i need to water again, it could lead to a minor issue of over watering & dampening off of seedling...

So a smaller pot is used to micro manage conditions !

I don't think an auto flowering strain gonna do much in the first few weeks from what i have seen ?

So careful timing is the question at hand & the choice of suitable growing medium between phase of seedling to a slightly mature plant is another question all together.... to which i have largely skipped at present.

As Biobizz all mix has a EC value of 2.2 which suggest it is pretty hot, as it is organic based i don't expect nutrient burn issue's i hope ! which might be more associated with more mineral salt based fertilizers etc

Only time will tell !

Sounds good mate. I read a lot on reddit, I'd link the thread but if get in trouble. Most of what I read there and a site dedicated to auto flowers leads me to feel the final pot is best. My first run of autos they were flowering in two, three weeks,, I don't want to transplant then. But, I'm still open to what works best. You can still water them fine, just fine, but, many ways to skin that cat right? Good luck

Sounds good mate. I read a lot on reddit, I'd link the thread but if get in trouble. Most of what I read there and a site dedicated to auto flowers leads me to feel the final pot is best. My first run of autos they were flowering in two, three weeks,, I don't want to transplant then. But, I'm still open to what works best. You can still water them fine, just fine, but, many ways to skin that cat right? Good luck

Cheers for the tip & i'll take a look at the link suggested :thumb:

Mmm i don't think potting up into final pot size a couple of weeks later will hinder plant growth to much apart from the first day or 2 to let em settle in & should be ok as they have plenty of time to expand roots etc into the extra growing medium, i may pot up a week early tho depending on root development ?

At the moment i am mildly concerned to when i start flowering count down in weeks, i assume at a certain point when the autos start flowering as best idea.

The strain is said to be done in 6 weeks pushing 7 weeks most of the info sourced else where states flowering time so i believe i should include some auto veg time & may expect a growing period of 10 weeks.

I don't think it is a simple case from seed germination to finish in listed time at the moment ?

Nice little babies!

And congratulations on your nomination. I have read many of your posts in the past and have no doubt it is well deserved. Good Luck.

I have started autos in their final pot and transplanted. I didn't have any trouble potting up. Results were similar. It's been my experience that autos gon do wat they gon do. Don't stress them out and you might get a really big one, or like most I've grown about an ounce, ounce and a half.

Looking forward to following along this grow!

Nice little babies!

And congratulations on your nomination. I have read many of your posts in the past and have no doubt it is well deserved. Good Luck.

I have started autos in their final pot and transplanted. I didn't have any trouble potting up. Results were similar. It's been my experience that autos gon do wat they gon do. Don't stress them out and you might get a really big one, or like most I've grown about an ounce, ounce and a half.

Looking forward to following along this grow!

Thank you for your kind words & sharing your experience with the community :thumb:

I don't normally keep journals these days but on this occasion i felt the need on a new endeavour !

Yield wise, well that is all a big ball game at the end of day.... i'm happy with a oz plus per plant :love:

Sorry I'm late lol. Alot been going down in my world, but can't miss a new fuzzy journal!! :)

I am pleased to see you in my journal & eventually i'll get around to doing a flux grow hopefully this year :thumb:

Mmm i have a life time in front of me & many different grow styles to experiment with & i must admit it is an ambition to achieve...

I'll have an update in a couple days with pic's :thumb:

I must admit they do look a lot different from week ago & i am planning on potting up early than expected whilst the autos are still in a veg mode of growth.... just excising caution at present from info learned & with help of petergreen to which i would like to offer a special thank you :green_heart:

I grew 5 autos last year. I transplanted each plant 2ce. Once from the solo cups into small pots and then into larger pots and the ground ( I grew 4 plants in the ground and 1 in a pot).

The Buddha Magnum my last of the season was the best yielder at 3 1/2 ounces, but she was grown with cannabis specific substrate and nutes and I had the process more dialled in. The other 4 plants, 3 AutoMazars and 1 Buddha Purple Kush yielded just over an ounce each. They were grown in the ground with some Lidl universal compost that I added perlite and blood and bone meal to. I had no canna specific nutes to hand then so used tomatoe fertiliser and seaweed ferts.

They don't like cold, and are sensitive to over feeding. Also, the one very different thing I did with the last & best grow was I only switched to bloom nutes when the upward stretch had nearly stopped at 6 1/2 weeks. (This requires measuring plant height daily when the plant goes into stretch mode at 3 to 6 weeks) When one switches to/adds bloom nutes at 3 weeks when flowering first starts, it slows your plant right down.

I found them easy to grow and problem free.

I look forward to following this grow. :grinjoint:

Thanks Fuzzy! That means a lot. I'm still learning, but I enjoy sharing info so we improve our results. I wish everyone the best and that's honest truth.

And thanks, Bapple -- for your info. Autos do have some advantages in some situations, dialing them in is key. :Namaste:

I run things from Sunday to Sunday that being one week it is just a little bit more easy for me to keep track of things.

End of week 1 (veg stage 16/8)

I am very surprised of their rapid growth with no real issue's so far.

PICT000163.JPG
PICT000273.JPG

Root development after one week i'm happy with that.

PICT000363.JPG

Potting up 6.5 liter air pot, i figured it was best to do this whilst the girls are still a veg phase of growth.

PICT000465.JPG
PICT000559.JPG

Back in the veg tent & all where watered in with a 25% strength mix of nutrients root complex, bud link & super vit.

PICT000652.JPG

I still used biobizz all mix for potting up into, i've seen very little sign of nutrient burn so far i'll keep my fingers crossed but it is very difficult to get burn symptoms with organic based stuff.

How ever nutrients used Hesi mainly are a mineral salt type.

Root complex is basically micro nutrients to stimulate root growth.

Bud link (silica) helps to improve disease resistance, increase weight & bulk, nutrient uptake, cell integrity & strengthens plant.

Supervit contains 25 plant active vital elements some where along the lines of vitamins & amino acids etc

Ye a bag of compost is more likely NPK so i use the above to bulk out the micro nutrients & essential stuff to help out :thumb:

Very nice, looking good mate!

Very nice, looking good mate!

Just the way i like it :green_heart:

I only watered in lightly with 500ml the pots take about 1.5 liter to fully saturate but at this stage of growth a good watering would be detrimental i suspect.

Yah, they'll find that water. I think it's good to give them some in relation to the pot they're in now, but like you said not toooo much. Love how this is progressing for ya!

Back
Top Bottom