SBG's Life In A Box - The Ongoing Saga of Producing Bud in a Box

SBG

I Guess this is my third grow in My 2 compartment Cabinet.

Last grow was great success with a Vscrog. This time around I thought I would try my hand at a Mainline type of thing that was inspired by a fellow grower. This Mainline is a Clone off of my Laughing Buddha mother plant. I let the plant grow out six nodes and cut back to the third node and then cleaned out the lower two. I continued doing this till I ended up with 12 bud sites, and then had to wait till the Vscrog was done and with a long flowering type plant (80 days +) the mainline ended up getting a little stretched out.

now for a little info.

- Cabinet is 2 x 3 foot print with the Veg Compartments height at 24" to lights and the flowering Compartments height at 33"

- lights for the Cabinet. Lower compartment is 12 x 23 watt CFL's, Upper compartment is a 96 x 3 watt toplight LED panel.

- Pots are home made Ecofelt pots ( work great)

- medium, Pro-mix HP with perlite mixed in at a 4/1 ratio for better drainage. (thanks KJC)

- Nutes, The General Organics line.

Now for a little photo up date on this plant to bring everyone up to speed.

MG_1898.jpg

first snips with the clippers.

MG_2317.jpg

Ok, quite a bit later in the snipping and growing thing but I hope you get the idea. Tall pot in the back on the left.

DSC0862.jpg

This one was taken of the 24th day of flowering.

DSC1077.jpg
DSC1078.jpg
DSC1083.jpg

The last 3 were just taken today.

That's it all up to date.

Since this Cabinet is on going this is going to be just on long journal of adventure and not to many down falls.

So get on the bus and lets have some smoke.

Hey Dusty, nice to see you out an about.

Thought I'd start a journal that didn't really end cause I really don't see an end to this growing my own thing. But at this time of the year my attention is on getting plants ready for outside on the sundeck.

Might end up on a bit of a ramble hear.

I'm finding that my lower cabinet is not the best enviro for some plants RH is around 50ish most times and temp is around 17 to 23C
gentle fan blowing on them for air movement. Feeding is the same Gen org. I PH all water going in 5.9 - 6.5 because of promix-HP is soiless so lower PH. 110 CFM fan for exhaust with Passive intake. it only measures 2' x 3 x 27" and 12 - 23watt Cfl's and with all that said.
And as soon as I move them to the Flower chamber or to the sun room they buck up and thrive.

Stumped but moving forward.

And in the basement of my Cabinet we have

3 white widows and 2 Gold Leaf all seeds were fem and put in starter mix on Feb 19th and all popped out of the mix on the 23rd. so here we are just shy of 28 days I'm pretty happy so far.

On sunny days I've been moving them out into the sunroom for a bit of the real stuff.

One of the White widows will be for the Penthouse of the Cabinet for her to Party.

Enjoy All.

DSC1179.jpg

I'm gonna do some mainline photos tomorrow.

stay tuned.

Photo update date.

I got a new camera system before Christmas. I was a portrait photographer many years ago, now I just do landscapes and tree portraits.

Now it's time for Plant Portraits and here are my latest.

Laughing Buddha Mainline as of March 24th. and day 48 of flowering in the Penthouse of the Cabinet.

DSC1184.jpg
DSC1186.jpg
DSC1188.jpg
DSC1187.jpg
DSC1191.jpg

And a arty farty one just for fun.

DSC1193.jpg

I have snipped of the tops of a few buds to see if I can back build some and see how well it does on this plant. I have taken out the Texada timewarp and harvested it since it was done and will never try that in the Cabinet again (what a waist of energy in doors.)

Footnote:

she's getting so heavy I'm having problems keeping the buds upright. They look like bud-cycles on a stick. When she's residing in the penthouse I have her tied up to spread out and keep up right the best I can.

And on that note, one more photo of Mainline Laughing Buddha sitting in her Penthouse all by herself.

I chopped up the Texada Timewarp, washed and hung her up for drying before final grooming and finnsh off the drying on my hanging dryrack.

DSC1200.jpg

looking good. how close is your led light to your plants and how long have you had it at that distance?

Top Bud is no more then 4 inchs away, were on day 48 today and other then the stretch which was no more then 4 inchs. So between 4 to 8 inchs for 48 days.

I think?

nice. I couldn't get my plants that close to my 100x3w led light so I had to sell it. what do you yield under the 96x3w led light?

Back
Top Bottom