Raisingcain's Carmelo Outdoor Scrog

raisingcain

So its officially April Happy Spring!!!!

I am ready to get going outside again this year heres what Ive got going so far.

3 Feminised Carmelo Seeds under a 2ft 4 tube T5 light.
I have 3 Dr Krippling Incredible Bulks on the way and will germ em as soon as they arrive and stick em under T5 for a 2 weeks before throwing em outside.
The Carmelo seeds have a shorter flowering period than the Incredibles so I figure they will harvest around the same time (Late September Early October).
Also going to run 6 Autos not sure which ones yet though. Any opinions would be great!! Feel free to chime in!

2 Carmelos are going to end up in 20 Gallon Fat Sacks (cloth grow bag) and 1 Carmelo is going to be in a 20 gallon standard plastic container.

1 incredible is going to be in a 20 Gallon Fat Sack and the other 2 in 20 gallon standard containers.
Im doing this to see the difference between the two just for fun.

All 6 plants are going to be scrogged outside in a 96 sq ft area with the screen 2 feet from the top of the containers. I realize this is higher than most setups, but due to them being outside AND in 20 gallon containers I dont want to undershoot the height, The screen will actually be "screens" because I plan on leaving room in between them so I can get in to defoliate, train, water etc.

"Gee whiz Raisingcain, why the hell would you wanna Scrog outdoors?"
Glad you asked :)
Last year I grew in 7 gallon containers and my plants were 7 ft tall. My privacy fence is only 6ft tall so the top colas could be seen from an alley that runs through my neighboorhood. Kinda sketchy and there are some troubled teens in my area that I am sure would love some free plants. Plus fuck it, its different and itll be fun!! I am sure regardless ill have plenty of smoke for next winter.

I am growing in soil again this year of course. Heres my soil line up:

Roots Organic 707 Base Soil
Organic Worm Castings
Blood Meal
High "P" Bat Guano
High "N" Bat Guano
Fish Bone Meal
Rock Phosphate
Alfalfa Meal
Crushed Oyster Shell
Epsom Salts
Dolomite Lime
Azomite
Humic Acid
And some extra Age Old Mycos
(if your interested in amounts just ask)

All this good stuff is currently mixed, layered and cooking in the sun for the next 30 days in covered containers that get a little water and stirring every so often. Once the plants are teenagers they will get transferred into this stuff and will be eating better than me HA!

They will mostly just get distilled water with the occasional roots organic top dressing line up and some CalMag.

Wish me luck
it ought to be a fun season

Tiny 3 day old seedlings......Just Wait
IMG_011435.JPG
IMG_011335.JPG

Oh subbed baby! Quite an ambitious grow here raisingcain. Dutty will find you if you haven't already found him. He knows more about strains than I can ever hope to. He won't hesitate to offer his opinion.

Pulling up my chair right over here.:laughtwo::green_heart:

Welcome aboard Sweetsue! Not gonna be very exciting in here for the next week or so but am happy to have the company.
I have read alot of mixed reviews about autos in the past so I thought what the hell better see for myself. Plus their short life cycle will keep me busy. I work a ton and have found that growing cannabis is kind of a release for me. Kinda lets me get away from all the stresses in the medical world. Plus my wife loves that I have a hobby that I dont have to leave the house for. Hope you dont mind if I chime in every once in a while in your journal. Ill update mine as things develop.

You stop in any time you want and join in the discussion. Watch for when Dutty and Doc Bud are there together. We all step back for a minute and soak up the knowledge as they bounce ideas off each other. :laughtwo:

I'll be stopping in here frequently. :green_heart:

So kinda shitty outside today gonna have a high of 58 :(
Was looking forward to getting the little ones outside for a little sunshine but maybe tomorrow
3 of them are 13 days old
I sprouted a couple unknown strains for the hell of it and they are 8 days old prob gonna give these two plants away once they are more matured.

They're running 18/6 under the t5 and get taken outside when it's warm for a couple hrs a day
Just giving them distilled water every other day for another week before they get transplanted into larger containers. When this happens they'll get fimmed and fed with a light dose

Went out and tended to my soil a little bit this a.m.
It stinks something fierce lol
Poured a little water and gave it a little toss and zipped the sacks back up.
Looks feels and smells alive!!!
Some type of critter chewed through and gave it a sample cuz three of the bags have a squirrel sized hole in it wtf!! Time to call in the troops and let my pitbull out earlier in the morning when the little shits are most active.

That's all for now

Forgot to add....
Last year I mixed my soil all together in a large trash can.
This year I mixed my soil in 6 individual 15 gallon pots lined with dense trash bags to seal em up. There will be one bag of soil per plant and all of the plants will have an equal amount of each additive. May be overkill but seems like it would make a difference.

Just transplanted the 3 Carmelo's into .5 gallon containers containing roots organic 707 base soil. They'll be in these containers for another 2 weeks or so while my soil is cooking. Roots were very visible and tangled up so I think it was a good time. Topped and fimmed and watered and I'm letting them chill outside for the day it's 70 and sunny so it's a perfect day to begin the hardening off session. Gave my soil a good stirring and watering and wrapped it back up. Holy shit does it stink!!!! Can't wait to put it to use.

So went to the grow shop today the Carmelo s love them some calcium and began showing signs of a calcium deficiency so had to grab some CalMAg. I use distilled water throughout the grow so I have to use Cal Mag and was planning on adding CalMag when I got these girls outside in a month or so but this strain is a little more dependent on it evidently. ANYWAY while I was there the gentleman at the desk said I should also try a new product they just got it called "Primordial Solutions Sea Green". Just curious if any serious dirtheads have heard about or used this product before.

So its 4/23
Got my seed order in the mail on 4/20! It was a good day!
I got 3 Dr Krippling Incredible bulks
1 DNA Holy Grail Kush
1 Free Strawberry Blue
All of these are Feminised
And 2 Afghani Regulars
Props to Herbies for fast delivery
All 6 sprouted in 2 days using the paper towel method with a heating pad
Got em in seedling soil under T5s in a humidity dome just like the last ones.
The Carmelos had some issues but are being tended to. Looked like a mix between a calcium deficiency and light burn but everything has been corrected cuz the new growth looks great! I topped and fimmed each one differently justto mess around and see what happens. They were transplanted into .5 gallon containers of 707 soil and are anxiously awaiting there final home. Ive been taking em out in the sunshine for a few hours each day and the fucking love it!! Cant wait to get the main growing area all set up with the screen. Pictures to come soon !!

Things are growing great in the Cain household!
New growth is abundant and green, stems are getting stronger and the early topping/fimming is starting to pay off. The girls are getting outside for about 9 hours a day if its not raining while Im constructing my outdoor greenhouse with a scrog screen. Im anxious to get them in my soil mix so they can really take off. My seedlings are a week old and looking good too. Got em under the T5 for 18/6 just getting straight tap water for now. Auto seeds are on their way!!!!! I got 5 of the Heavyweight Fast and Vast 2 from Herbies. Its gonna be a good year I can feel it!

image110004.JPG
image24302.JPG

May 1st
Giving my soil mix a final stir and water before I get 3 of these girls in their final 20 gal fabric pots. Looking to add some perlite to the mix. Anyone have a good idea about perlite to soil ratio?? I was thinking maybe 3 to 1 but not for sure, Ive never grown in fabric pots before and Im sure that would make some sort of difference to the amount needed. ???

May 10th
Plants are getting too big for the closet but shitty weather will not let me transplant outdoors.
Three new seedlings are taking off as well and anxious for more light.
Got my autos in the mail but am waiting for weather to clear up before I germ them.
I'm gonna put them in 3.5 gallon containers which are way too big to start inside with the other 8 plants in there now. Don't wanna have to transplant and lose out on grow days. So they're just gonna have to wait.
Pics to come soon

May 18th
All the plants have been put outside in their final pots
1 Carmelo in 20 Gal Fabric Pot
1 Incredible Bulk in 20 Gal Fabric Pot
1 Holy Grail Kush in 20 Gal Pot
2 Carmelos in 15 Gallon Standard pot
1 Strawberry Blue in 15 Gallon Standard Pot
1 Random Strain still in .5 gallon pot waiting for transplant

All of these plants are in a soil mix that has been cooked for 30 days or more and are given Age Old Grow, Cal Mag, and Sea Green for now.

Construction of there outdoor home is moving along nice got the framing done just waiting to apply the roof and chain link fence around it to stay in compliance with Colorado law. Here are some pics

May 23rd
STILL RAINING IN COLORADO WTF
so it been 19 straight days that its rained here and been overcast prob 15 of the 19!!
Heard CO has been wetter and cooler than Seattle! Oh well nothing I can do right!
Been slowly but surely building my plant shelter outside when I can and its coming along good. Its 18.5 feet long and 6.5 feet wide and 6 feet tall on one end and 7.5 ft tall on the other end to make it lean-to style. Going to install the 2x4s tomorrow and slap on the Polycarbonate roofing panels and chain link siding.

About the plants........................
Everyone is looking great considering the weather. My Cal def is completely gone after increasing the Cal/Mag from 1.5 ML per Gal to 2.5 MLs per Gal. Plus I got a Growonix R/O filter to improve my water and to quit running to the store to buy distilled. LOVE it!!!

Incredible Bulk, Holy Grail and Strawberry Blue all got topped above the 4th node yesterday. Carmelos are growing up fine too. Its crazy to see the difference in plant structure as it grows between the 2 that were topped at 3rd node and 4th node, not sure which I like better just gonna depend on how they function in the scrog once its installed. Either way Im having fun just need a little effin sunshine!!!!!!

Question for anyone experienced with CLONING and GROWING OUTDOORS.....
next week I thought about trying my hand at cloning and was wondering if June 1st was too late to take a clone, get it established and put it outside??? I know it wont get as big as the others but Im tired of buying seeds and since I have 5 different strains going figured it might be a good time so I can cut the chord with the seed stores.
Thanks!
Heres some pics !

Back
Top Bottom