Mars 2 LED Beginners Grow - FFOF - DWC

arellanobrian

First journal on this forum and cant be happier with the way this community seems to treat new growers. This journal is more for personal record then anything. That being said anyone out there that would like to check the grow out is welcome to contribute and comment :thumb:.

So this is my second real grow and ran into some temp and pollen problems last grow, but i feel like ive figured things out a bit better until i can get a duct fan with temp controller whitch is going to be my next purchase:laugh: but here are the specs on the grow.

Veg tent: Light- 4' 4 bulb T5
Space- 4×2 tent
Temps- between 65 and 78
Humidity- between 30% and 64%

Flower room: Lights- Mars2 900 and 700 (about 700 real watts)
Temps- between 63 and 83
Humidity- between 27% and 72%:yikes:

I have fans in both rooms and somen of the tent ports open cant wait to get a duct fan and humidifier so i can kelep the tents more light proof and stable. All info from acurite thermometer/hydrometer and hope to correct the large flux in temp and humidity soon, any other recommendations?

I will start ph testing water next chance i get on the soil but the DWC bucket seems to go up very fast. I ph`d it when i first put it in at 5.5 and it went up to over 7 2 days later so have to keep an eye out

Seeds: all bagseeds from the local dispensary
1 kosher kush seed (my first DWC attempt)
1 Roslyn road seed in FFOF (darker green straw)
1 Golden Goat seed in FFOF (lighter green straw)

Germ'd in towls then to jifffy pellets till ground broke and now in solo cup with FFOF+15% perlite.
DWC was put in rockwool instead and placed in 5 gallon tote i converted with water ph'd @ 5.5 and 1/8 strength nutes of General Organics Go Box. All seeds broke ground on 3/26/15 any info i may have forgot or anything you wanna know just ask :Namaste:

20150401_171917.jpg
20150401_171907.jpg
20150401_171851.jpg
20150401_171841.jpg
20150401_171832.jpg

btw don't forget to put a link into your sig so when you do post on other journals they can see the link and join in on your fun

I would likely like to set the link my journal in my sig but not sure how, any thread that will show me how or would you mind enlightening me?:Namaste: thank you for stopping by and thank you ill be putting my heart and soul in this one

sure np
hit user cp up at the top bar the green one
then on the left side scroll down a bit theres a button/link edit signature
click that then the posting box hit the link button the world icon and add the url for your page
itll just show as a link once you get that up ill tell you how to make it show like mine where it doesn't just show the url but the name you want it to show

Thanks man I think I was able to add the journal to my signature. Sorry about the long wait my phone finally crapped out on me but will be posting some new pics soon the plants are looking good, I moved the kosher kush out of the dwc bucket after finding out organics dont work well with dwc so I placed the plant in a coco perlight mix so lets hope the growth starts picking up

Here are the pics of the girls and thanks for the help with the signature cronichemphog :thanks: and as i stated turns out orgaic nutes are not so compatible with DWC so i moved the kosher kush to a coco perlite mix (3/1) about 4 days ago and not to much different so far. i started using 1/4 nutes from the go box and ph'd the water to 5.9 and the runnoff was at 6.3 so the ph may be a little high. im going to make sure i keep my water at about 5.8 and see if my run off to about 6. im not phing the ffof plants as ive heard you do not have to with organics and the plants are looking pretty good to me :) im going to transplant them within the week i think. not to much other than that ill keep posting as much as possible :Namaste:

V_17C0.jpg

Golden Goat
V_7F7D.jpg

Golden Goat
V_2D73.jpg

Roslyn Road
V_7186.jpg

Roslyn Road
V_D5C1.jpg

Kosher Kush
V_A70A.jpg

Kosher Kush
V_D329.jpg

Family shot

one more update of the plants some pics i took today the last pics were taken 4 days ago
KIMG0014.jpg
KIMG0013.jpg
KIMG0011.jpg
KIMG0010.jpg
KIMG0007.jpg
KIMG0006.jpg
KIMG0003.jpg
KIMG0002.jpg

Ok so its been awhile since my last update and a few things to i wanted to record. i did a little more reading on some coco forums and even though i had read new coco brands did not need to be flushed it is advised to do so anyways so i ran a gallon of tap water PH'd to 5.5 then fed with 1/2 strength nutes. i did that a little less then a week ago and the Kosher Kush is looking so much happier :thumb: i was about to give up on the coco but plant looks like shes catching up to the 2 in the FFOF

The soil grow is looking pretty healthy. i transplanted them a week ago ill post some pics if the roots and the plants this morning. still no nutes or checking ph as soil will regulate the ph from my understanding and i dont plan on using nutes except during the middle of flowering.

one thing i wanted to get some input on is the top growth on the Golden Goat is looking a little retarded, has anyone seen growth like this on there plants before?

here are a few pics of the Roslyn Road and a couple other pics i took witch is looking amazing and pics of the roots while i transplanted them hope everyone enjoys the pics and grow :Namaste:

Roslyn Road

Golden Goat

Roslyn Road

Roslyn Road

Golden Goat

Family shot

your plants are looking great keep up the good work how are you liking the General Organics Go Box the nute box I am going to get is the Roots Organics Master Pack 5ML box for my next grow I did not have enough money after I paid for all my equipment for my first grow it comes with a full line of there products I am using two of there nutes in this grow the Buddha Grow and Ancient Amber they smell strong of bat poop and rotten eggs my plants are loving it lol I will also be getting a bottle of there Buddha Bloom before my flowing cycle starts on this grow

:nomo: :welldone:

Thanks im hoping to put these plants under a marsll in about a week or so so im keeping an eye out for your grow as well. And so far im loving the go box, the plant in the coco is getting full strength mutes except the cal-mag because im using tap water and they seem to love it. I actually also got the sample from roots organics but the bloom boster blew up in the mail :( I got there elemental as well so we'll see how the plants like there cal-mag. Good luck on the grow and ill keep you posted on the general organics go box :Namaste:

ok so after i would like to introduce my secret wepon in my garden and my good friend steve :welcome: he will be looking after my plants while im away
V_4630.jpg

thought i would post a quick pic of the samples aurora's roots organics sent if anyone is interested they will provide 2 samples for a 6 dollar shipping and handleing fee. the bloom bottle blew while on its way to me but i still have the elemental that i will likly be using soon as the cal-mag from my go box is quickly running out. hope all is good in :420: land :Namaste:
WP_0005431.jpg

Day 29 since seeds broke ground

plants are looking amazing the pics im about to post are a few days old im just having trouble uploading pics due to only having a cell phone with internet but i shoud be getting some updated pics by this sunday.

so i had to top the Golden Goat plant because the retarded top stoped growing nodes and there are at least 2 other leaves that are growing like 2 leaves are trying to grow from the same shoot ill post pics when i can.

the coco plant is really starting to grow!! its as tall as the other plants and needs to be transplanted soon. I am Phing the water i feed it @ 5.5 and giving it full strength nutes of the general organics go box every other day. the stem on the coco plant is showing slight purple hues in the middle witch i believe is due to low cal-mag, does anyone know if that is correct and should i up the cal-mag in the feed?

finally i did take clones of all the plants so i can thow them in flower one there rooted and see if i have all ladys :love: and i will be moving the plants under the mars 2 lights withing the next 2 weeks so they could get used to the led lights. hope all is good in everyones garden

Roslyn Road
WP_000544.jpg
WP_000545.jpg
WP_0005511.jpg

Golden Goat
WP_000546.jpg
WP_0005471.jpg

Kosher Kush
WP_000548.jpg
WP_0005491.jpg

family shot
WP_0005502.jpg

day 31 veg and plants are looking amazing im going to transplant the Kosher Kush in Coco as its getting taller than the plants in soil :circle-of-love: guess soilless is faster than soil. the plant is no where near as bushy but seems to be loving the nutes and thriving. im thinking about giving the plants another 2 weeks in these pots then transplant them into 7 or 10 gallon pots to flower. any ideas on how long i should veg to get good gram per watt ratio?

ive still been giving the Kosher Kush in Coco full strength nutes from he general organics go box and the plant seems to love it!! its actually taller then the other plants and i was actually having issues with it when i first started growing the plant. i will have to transplant soon

the Golden goat and Roslyn road are looking great as always still without nutes. hoping to give them another 3-5 weeks veg then throw them in flower. i have taken a clone from each plant and will throw them in a solo cup with outdoor dirt then put it under lights for 11/13 do sex the clones and see which are female.

i will be starting new seeds soon so i can have a perpetual grow going so ill keep eveyone posted on my choice and any suggestions on strains that are good for beginners is welcome. will post pics of individual plants in the next posts :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom