Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

Sorenna

Hi yall! :love:

I got my hands dirty today. Woo Hoo! I got to open up my tent and my light after theyve been sitting around and waiting for me. Yesterday I built the tent. It measures 48" X 24" X 60". It was super easy. The tent seems pretty nice to me, but Ive never had one before so anything would be an improvement.

I also put up my light, but I dont like how I put it up in there, so Im gonna have to redo that part. It hangs too low at the moment, but Ill figure out some way to hang it better and higher.It seems pretty nice to me, but Ive never had one before so anything would be an improvement. haha The light is a Mars Hydro Reflector 96x3W. It will be used on a 18/6 schedule.

I put my seeds, 1 THC Bomb THC auto and 1 Strawberry Blue, in a paper towel to germinate. Im happy to say that both have already sprouted their little tails in just over 24 hours. Im gonna leave them in there for a little bit longer while my Smart Pots of dirt sit and absorb water. Once that is done, Ill put the little girls in their new beds. I am putting them directly into their 5 gallon pots, so no transplanting.

Here is the info on the grow:
What strain is it? THC Bomb THC (Autoflower) and Strawberry Blue (Autoflower)

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sativa/Ruderalis/Indica - Percentages unknown.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling stage.

If in Veg... For how long? Not yet, soon.

If in Flower stage... For how long? Not yet.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? 65% FoxFarms Happy Frog/35% perlite

If soil... What size pot? 5 Gallon Fabric Smart Pots.

Size of light? Mars-Hydro Reflector series 96 x 3w LED

Is it aircooled? No.

Temp of Room/cab? 60-70 degrees

How often are you watering? Im going to use a SWICK system to water.

Type and strength of ferts used? FoxFarms Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. I dont plan to start using any of these until at least week 4 and then only at 1/4 strength.

I hope yall will join me. Ill probably need you, since I have no real idea about what Im doing. haha Ill be back later with pictures. I have figure out how to get them from the camera to my pc, and then from my files to the forum.

Re: Sorenna's (2015) THC Bomb THC/Strawberry Blue Autoflowers in soil under LED

Subbed!

First up! WooHoo!!!:party:

Yay! Welcome! :) :welcome:

Good strain choices. They should be easy to raise and make this an enjoyable experience for you. Will you be able to add any more light? Would you consider some CFL side lighting as they begin to bush? Things to think about. As atrain proved to us all, light is the engine that runs the grow.

Please consider posting your SWICK on our new thread. The more the merrier. Link is in my signature.

I'm sooooo excited for you Sorenna! Be forewarned - this journaling thing - it's potentially addictive. :laughtwo::green_heart:

woohoooo ,good for you , looking forward to watching your grow :) just planted some beans my self today few autos to see me through until the regular strains are done

3 super strains DFA females , going to use one for female seeds using CS
1 sugar black rose female
let the fun begin Sorenna :thumb::goodjob:

Good strain choices. They should be easy to raise and make this an enjoyable experience for you. Will you be able to add any more light? Would you consider some CFL side lighting as they begin to bush? Things to think about. As atrain proved to us all, light is the engine that runs the grow.

Please consider posting your SWICK on our new thread. The more the merrier. Link is in my signature.

I'm sooooo excited for you Sorenna! Be forewarned - this journaling thing - it's potentially addictive. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Thank you. The Bomb I picked but the Blue was a sweet gift. I thought, why not? hehe I was thinking about CFL light and using it as well as the LED. Ill cross that bridge when I come to it, I reckon. Probably will. Ill pop over to the SWICK thread sometime today and read it. Im about to have to get off the pc for a bit, a thunderboomer is rolling in. Yay! Love storms. lol

Im soo glad you are here. :D

woohoooo ,good for you , looking forward to watching your grow :) just planted some beans my self today few autos to see me through until the regular strains are done

3 super strains DFA females , going to use one for female seeds using CS
1 sugar black rose female
let the fun begin Sorenna :thumb::goodjob:

Hey Professor! :) Welcome! Happy to have you here. I looking forward to watching my grow too. Cant wait. Unfortunately, Im not up on the lingo and abbreviations, so I have to ask.. whats DFA Females?

Im already having fun!

*happy dances*

Ahhhh I see. I thought it stood for something. Very cool. I wish you well with them. Sounds very nice.

I'm so glad to be here. Hope the move was a smooth enterprise, but regardless, you are obviously settled and your family whole again. All's right with the world and you have a grow up and running!

Nice. I'm doing three auto thc bombs this time and two regular thc bombs next run. So, I look forward to learning from you!! Best wishes!

Sure the move was smooth as silk.. lol We havent actually moved yet and I dont know when we are and Im tired of waiting, so I started em and Im not moving for at least 2 months now.

It will work out the way its supposed to, I suppose, but I wish it would hurry. Im ready for a life again.

Hi MassMedMan! Welcome to my first grow. I went and peeked at yours. Very cool what Ive seen of it (the first page lol) Pretty cool that you have your next grow all planned out while still on this one. haha

I tend to put the cart before the horse, Sorrena! But, that grow is going to start taking off soon. About a month away, and that is a co journal with Dutty Panty so I need to be on my A game!! Plus, the only thing better then growing (well, after smoking) is planning a grow!!

Hi Sillymoose. Welcome. Im happy to have you here. :thumb:

As promised, Im posting pictures. Nothing exciting, mind you, but a promise is a promise.

It took all day for the pots to soak enough water to get to the top. Once it did, I filled up 2 kitty litter pans with perlite and put in a measure of water and put the pots on top. I dont have any cloth, so I did without and covered the exposed sides with plastic shopping bags, just to keep it moist in there.

Then I poked shallow holes in the soil and put in my seeds, tail down. And put it all in the tent and turned on the light. Now I get to wait to see them pick up their little heads and say hi to me. :) Excited!

038162.jpg

This is a shot of the tent and plants and light all together. All moved in and getting settled.

037168.jpg

This is a picture of the Bomb THC Bomb bed. (I got the name wrong in the title of the thread and dont see anyway to change it, so my imperfections are showing! ha!)

036168.jpg

And this one is the Strawberry Blue.

035178.jpg

This is the two of them together. Blue on the left, Bomb on the right.

Here are a few things I learned setting this up.

1). Soil smells good but looks ghastly under my nails.
2). Perlite is super dusty. :cough: I like it much better wet than dry.
3). Journaling is fun.
4). Growing plants is exciting.
5). I have also discovered that the Strawberry Blue that I thought was an autoflower, isnt. *sad panda* So my simple, getting to know how to grow, grow is now less simple. But on the bright side, I can try out some of those things I wasnt planning to try like topping and training. The tent is only 60" tall, so I have to keep them short and Im dont know that Im up to the task. I popped it and dont believe in wasting stuff, particularly gifts, so I will try anyway.

Thats it for today. Have a great one, yall. :love:

Off to a good start Sorenna. It only gets to be more fun from here. I wouldn't worry about growing them together. If you're running18/6 just keep it at that until you want to flip to 12/12. The autos can take it. They take it easier if you reduce the light over time, say in 20 to 30 minute increments twice a week. If you start reducing the light schedule in week 6 you're down to 12/12 by week 12. The THC Bomb Auto should be ready and you can continue to flower the other as long as you can. My THC Bomb went almost 12 weeks.

This will be a nice distraction for you. You're already warming to the posting. :love:

Thank you, SweetSue. I confess, Im already distracted. lol I can smell the dirt from my desk chair. Ive been working out a way to play music for them a few hours a day. Thanks for the lighting advice. I knew the auto could take it, but I didnt think of the slowly decreasing the "day" over time. So that I will do.

Oh, I wanted to tell you. I searched for SWICK on the yahoo search engine and guess what the first link was... Yep, one of your 420 threads. I thought that was awesome. Did you make up that word, SWICK? If you did, its a nifty word.

Tata for now.

I found the SWICK idea on another forum by a woman calling herself Noobwannb. We've just added the :420: flair to it. :laughtwo:

I'll have to check that google listing out.

Back
Top Bottom