Feral's First Indoor Cupboard LED Grow - 2015 - Exodus Cheese & THC Bomb From Seed

Feral's first Indoor LED Grow

Hey guys, welcome to my first grow indoors and on 420Mag. I have grown for quite a few years outdoors but always in a more natural approach without the use of any special soils or nutes etc, it has always been a hobby of mine and who can deny the satisfaction of harvest day lol

I only grow on small scale and enough to provide for me, my dad and a couple of close friends and basically do it to save all of us some money as being out of work right now makes the financial situation a bit hard, anyways on to the grow.

I will be growing in a Cupboard right now until i can upgrade to a tent, the walls have been lined with heavy duty alfoil (I know this is a very bad reflective material and wont do much for the grow but it has to be better than bare timber/mdf etc and is all i can afford right now, if i had the money the materials to get a good reflective surface would end up around the price of a tent anyways so i will hold out), Airflow will be upgraded within the next few weeks.

Cupboard Dimensions: 2'9 x 1'10 x 5'6

LED is on its way and i will be using the 100 x 3w Mars Hydro old model light, Currently seedlings are under 5 CFL's. I will be growing 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for flower.

The strains i have chosen to go with:
Exodus Cheese (Feminised): This was a freebie seed from my last delivery and was my last feminised seed i have left, have heard good things
THC Bomb (Regular): After growing Big Bomb (Feminised) from bomb seeds last oudoor crop, has quickly become one of my favorite strains, If the THC Bomb is anything like it i will be happy, it is supposed to be even stronger :D I wanted to trial a few more of their seeds so i purchased the THC bomb cheese bomb and another big bomb.

Growing Medium: Your basic good old bagged potting mix (will do for now and know better for next grow)

Im still deciding on decent nutes and saving some money for them, it will all come in good time. Some ideas for nutes available in aus if you have any pls hehe i have been looking at either the PH perfect sensi grow or going with DM Gold range, not sure yet but at this stage will be feeding with a bit of seasol which is basically just seaweed extract anyways so still need nutes.

So basically im at a loss for what day it is already with this grow, i am thinking the exodus cheese is roughly 9 days from sprout, the THC bomb was only just planted about a day ago so has not even germinated yet.

Onto some pics

Day 9 (Exodus Cheese)
Not much at all has been done to this point, has been germinated and watered thoroughly once and a light mist once per day, no nutrients or solutions added at this point.

frlexo01.png

As the light cycle came to an end i gave her 1 litre of water with a small 2ml of seasol just to give a little more oomph lol

Day 10 Morning (Exodus Cheese)

Seems she loved the little bit of feeding she got overnight :love:

frlexo02.png

Day 10 Bedtime (Exodus Cheese)
Looks like shes had a big day but still very perky :p

frlexo03.png

frlexo04.png

Re: Feral's first Indoor Cupboard LED Grow - 2015 - Exodus Cheese & THC Bomb from See

Hello mate :) :welcome:
Everything's looking good so far :) I've just finished growing Cheese from Seedism :drool: it's one of my favorites for sure! I'll have to watch this one :)
:Namaste:

Re: Feral's first Indoor Cupboard LED Grow - 2015 - Exodus Cheese & THC Bomb from See

Looking good brother. :goodjob:
Welcome to :420:
:high-five:

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

Hello mate :) :welcome:
Everything's looking good so far :) I've just finished growing Cheese from Seedism :drool: it's one of my favorites for sure! I'll have to watch this one :)
:Namaste:

Thanks OrganicMan, I have never tried cheese before but i have heard really good things :p
Over here we have "hydro" or "bush", thats our strain info when having to buy it lol, its nice to know what your growing and saving money at the same time. Should be an interesting grow :cheer:

Still no sign of a sprout from the THC Bomb as of yet but im not expecting anything being in for around 24h lol

Day 11 Morning (Exodus Cheese)
Not a great deal to do today, she's lookin healthy, soil is moist. All i will do is give her a quarter turn and let her grow :love:

frlexo05.png

frlexo06.png

Sorry for the bad quality on the pics, im doing the best i can with what i have lol

Hope you all have a good day, i will probably put another night pic up when shes ready for bed :Namaste:

hello @FeralA9X I know this is a funny question but how did you get your name and strain to be in your pics like that that is cool and thanks for stopping by my grow journal I got yours subbed now like you this is my first grow inside I have tried before but it has been always outside and with no success I might add lets see one time I had a party at my house and every one thought I would be great to use my plant as a toilet I guess a lot of drunk people and your crop don't mix next few days it was dead then the next time I tried my sister forgot to feed her rabbits and guess what they ate out of all the plants in my back yard... you guessed it my plants and to make it ever funnier I ever had carrots growing and they still ate my plants lets just say I have a new recipe for rabbit stew and since they I gave up on it till now this time I know I will make it to harvest come hell or high water and good luck on the grow

hello @FeralA9X I know this is a funny question but how did you get your name and strain to be in your pics like that that is cool and thanks for stopping by my grow journal I got yours subbed now like you this is my first grow inside I have tried before but it has been always outside and with no success I might add lets see one time I had a party at my house and every one thought I would be great to use my plant as a toilet I guess a lot of drunk people and your crop don't mix next few days it was dead then the next time I tried my sister forgot to feed her rabbits and guess what they ate out of all the plants in my back yard... you guessed it my plants and to make it ever funnier I ever had carrots growing and they still ate my plants lets just say I have a new recipe for rabbit stew and since they I gave up on it till now this time I know I will make it to harvest come hell or high water and good luck on the grow

Thanks for stopping by db003, the name and strain on my pics was done using photoshop, its quite easy to do and i also use it to resize and crop my pictures within the same app :)

Sounds like you have had some bad luck in your previous grows but your current grow is looking mighty fine, gotta keep the human pests away from them hehe. This is my first full indoor grow so im hoping mine just make it through and not too fussed about yeild as we got enough to get us by from our last outdoor crop so its not a make or break situation, i will be happy with a few different strains to try :tokin:

Goodluck with your grow, i have it subbed and will drop by :Namaste:

Still no word on the THC bomb as of yet, but still early days ;)
LED should be here monday so im hoping THC bomb is sprouted and getting ready to go under the new light.

Day 11 Bedtime (Exodus Cheese)
Again not a lot done today, left her to pretty much do her own thing and her own thing she did lol. Very fine mist to the top of soil and leaves as the light was switching off. Looking very healthy and even more so than the morning :love:

frlexo07.png

frlexo08.png

Now she sleeps for 6 hours, have a good one :Namaste:

Hey mate :)
She's a nice looking seedling in there, I'm sure she will take off shortly after that new set fully forms

Anyways mate I'm here and subbed in for a good grow :)

Lookin happy brother :)

If she is happy then so am I hehe :high-five:

Hey mate :)
She's a nice looking seedling in there, I'm sure she will take off shortly after that new set fully forms

Anyways mate I'm here and subbed in for a good grow :)

Welcome Bud, she is off to a flying start and looking nice and lush hehe
Just hoping the THC bomb powers on and catches up, i will be doing some sort of LST or scrog anyways so shouldnt make much difference :)

thanks for the sub, enjoy ;)

So still no news on Thc Bomb hehe
Seems i may need to start focusing on changing my light schedule a little bit, its starting to get reasonably cold here during the nights and is only going to get colder as june is winter and still 2 months away, currently my lights switch off at 8pm and come back on at 2am, without any real warmth during these hours and is when its getting its coldest im starting to think i should have the lights out during the day when its a bit warmer. Its not too bad in there right now but it was around 18c so im thinking if i change the lights 1 hour each day till im happy with the schedule, dont want to shock them at such a young age. im actually thinking about giving them an extra hour of both light and dark each day till i catch up, i could shorten the days but the way i see it, the more light, the more growth :thumb:

All of the above also depends on how much heat the LED's put out also, wont know till they get here monday. Otherwise i may have to look into a way of pumping warm air into the room or a heat mat setup.

Day 12 Morning (Exodus Cheese)
The little bit of a mist i gave her last night may have been a bit much for her right now, also realised i forgot to empty the tray underneath so she has been soaking since i fed her last, thinking about setting up a SWICK system now so she never has to sit in water again lol
There was no signs of damage to her at all just a bit droopy from the weight of water after the droplets formed in the joints, dried up as much water that was pooled on her, emptied out the tray, gave her a quarter turn and moved her a little so she starts reaching up for the light again. Im thinking the extra hour of light from changing up my schedule will help out in that respect ;)

frlexo09.png

frlexo10.png

Its going to have a lot more bending than this in its life lmao
Have a good day :Namaste:

Your cheeses look healthy and happy. Excellent start!

Time for some updates :p
I got a bit worried about the THC Bomb and never used the jiffy peat pellets to start germination before so i had to investigate further, also felt it should be in a similar size pot as the Cheese so when it does crack the soil it will be around the same distance from the light without having to prop it up in any way. So time for the transplant and its absolutely bucketing down with rain outside, mix up a batch of potting mix the same as my Cheese soil and get it all ready for a smooth transition. With the jiffy pellet/pod i carefully remove the outer mesh and straight away notice the peat is nice and moist, this was what was worrying me the most, on one side im told to use as little moisture as possible and on the other side im told to leave it in a saucer of water, my resolution is stick to what i know and put it in soil lol. Now for the good news, after carefully breaking it apart i find the seed has infact germinated and has a 1" root coming out of it :cheer: so should only be a day or so before i see her above ground :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 12 Bedtime (Exodus Cheese)
Has been her biggest day today literally with the extra hour i added onto the cycle, looking a lot stronger and straighter tonight.
About all i have done to her today is gently manipulate her leaves a little to get more light to the new growth appearing at the nodes and why not get her trained young :p
Its her bed time now and i was thinking about adding an extra hour of darkness today also but have decided a normal sleep tonight, another long day tomorrow and then a good night sleep after haha

frlexo11.png

frlexo12.png

frlexo13.png

See you guys when she wakes up in 6 hours

Re: Feral's First Indoor Cupboard LED Grow - 2015 - Exodus Cheese & THC Bomb from See

A little off topic but finally have some dried buds from the last outdoor plants we grew this season, Had to chop her out early as she was planted late and was much further behind the rest of the crop, we were going to keep her in till she was done but we started getting a lot of wet weather and some bud rot started to appear so the first 3 day break in the weather we let her dry out a bit before chopping her down, Strain is unknown, we have been growing these for years and the guys we got the seeds from initially were growing them for years before us lol. Mostly sativa and although this plant was cut early was still around 5ft high, i have had these bending across the roof of a 7ft Shadehouse, they are massive.

Anyways i trimmed up a bud from her for your viewing pleasure (I say bud but its actually a lower branch lmao) :Namaste:

frlbush1.png

Re: Feral's First Indoor Cupboard LED Grow - 2015 - Exodus Cheese & THC Bomb from See

Day 13 Morning (Exodus Cheese)
Not much to report so no pics this morning, she was very perky and had pretty much ignored the manipulation i made haha so i did the same to her this morning, eased the leaves down flatter to expose the nodes to light, gave her a quarter turn.

The THC Bomb was draining overnight after initial watering of the soil and has been replaced with a fresh tray making sure she is not sitting in water, have setup a heater in the room the cupboard is attached to trying to up the temperature a bit, has been pretty cold tonight so it was down to 16c in with the girls. the heater i have does not have a thermostat so i cant regulate the temps so its going to be a matter of manually keeping an eye on it during the dark cycle, seems to hold temps fine when the lights are on, apart from that im done for a few hours till i check on her again, probably close to my bedtime if i can sleep, damn insomnia :(

Anyhoo i will check in later and report if theres any changes :Namaste:

Time for some updates :p
I got a bit worried about the THC Bomb and never used the jiffy peat pellets to start germination before so i had to investigate further, also felt it should be in a similar size pot as the Cheese so when it does crack the soil it will be around the same distance from the light without having to prop it up in any way. So time for the transplant and its absolutely bucketing down with rain outside, mix up a batch of potting mix the same as my Cheese soil and get it all ready for a smooth transition. With the jiffy pellet/pod i carefully remove the outer mesh and straight away notice the peat is nice and moist, this was what was worrying me the most, on one side im told to use as little moisture as possible and on the other side im told to leave it in a saucer of water, my resolution is stick to what i know and put it in soil lol. Now for the good news, after carefully breaking it apart i find the seed has infact germinated and has a 1" root coming out of it :cheer: so should only be a day or so before i see her above ground :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 12 Bedtime (Exodus Cheese)
Has been her biggest day today literally with the extra hour i added onto the cycle, looking a lot stronger and straighter tonight.
About all i have done to her today is gently manipulate her leaves a little to get more light to the new growth appearing at the nodes and why not get her trained young :p
Its her bed time now and i was thinking about adding an extra hour of darkness today also but have decided a normal sleep tonight, another long day tomorrow and then a good night sleep after haha

frlexo11.png

frlexo12.png

frlexo13.png

See you guys when she wakes up in 6 hours

dude did you notice that you posted at 4:20 that's awesome

Back
Top Bottom