PurpleGunRack's First Indoor Grow - Auto BlackBerry Kush - Soil

PurpleGunRack

Hi and welcome to my first grow journal:welcome:

For my first grows I'll be growing auto's and as plants finish I'll put in new ones, so this journal only applies to the 2 plants I'm growing now and any plants added later on will be posted under a new journal.

The first plant was startet in a homemade 1-plant cabinet with a 180 watt Mars Hydro LED UFO, but there wasn't sufficient ventilation, to much heat, and I planted her in a very small pot and generally abused her.

So I upgraded to a tent and germinated the 2 remaining seeds in the bag whereof one had 2 leaves that were grown together and for a long time nothing happened so I tried to cut the conjoined off and after 2 weeks of no development I threw it out. But the other plant was healthy and thrived from the beginning and after about 3 weeks it had outgrown the first plant.

SETUP:

Tent: Growlab GL80, 180cm x 80cm x 80cm
Ballast: Digital BAL Epson 250 watt
Bulb: Sunmaster 250 watt Dual Spectre
Additional lighting: Mars Hydro 180 watt LED UFO(Way up top in the tent, but every little helps right?)
Reflector: PrimaKlima Cooltube 400mm ø125mm
Ventilation: PrimaKlima inline fan 280 m3/t ø100mm + carbon filter and Mini silencer 30cm ø100cm
Pots: Superroots Air-pot 15 L
Medium: Bio-Bizz All-mix with extra perlite and leca in the bottom for drainage
Fertilizer: Biobizz: Bio-Grow, Bio-Bloom,
Booster: Biobizz: Top-Max, Bio-Heaven, Root-Juice, Alg-A-Mic, Acti-Vera

STRAIN:

Auto BlackBerry Kush from Dutch Passion a mainly indica auto strain that should finish in 70 days from seed to harvest.

ENVIRONMENT:

Temperature: 20°C - 29°C Depending on room temperature
Relative Humidity: 30% - 70% (I have problems keeping the RH up during lights on)
PH: 7
Light: Running 20/4

TIMELINE:

Plant #1 was started in the beginning of Febuary and is very much in bloom, all the trichomes are cloudy and I've spottet a few red/brown ones.

Plant #2 was started in late March and after it sprouted I moved it under the light on March 26th. She is almost twice as big as Plant #1 and well into flowering, starting to develop trichomes on all buds:cheer:

Comments and advice is more than welcome.
Billede0037.jpg
Billede0036.jpg
Billede0035.jpg

Just received some new seeds yesterday so I'll start flushing Plant #1 from the next time she needs watering and probably chop her a week after that to make room for new plants.

I think it was just me being paranoid with the nitrogen def in Plant #2, it's less than 4 weeks due(according to breeder) and when I got a look at her in natural light she looked a lot less yellow, but it got me aware of my PH problem so that's all good.
Other than that she's budding up nicely and getting more and more trichomes:yummy:

Gonna start fluhing Plant #1 today and problably chop her down in week or so.
Plant #2 is doing fine and the buds are dense, sticky and has a fruity smell:cheesygrinsmiley:
IMG_20150512_231828.jpg
IMG_20150512_231905.jpg
IMG_20150512_231848.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phonecam... and crappy photographer:rollingeyes:

Update:

Plant #1 Started flushing her last wednesday and I'm gonna chop her this weekend after 1 more flush. The buds are quite fluffy but nicely frosted.

Plant #2 Is doing fine, I removed the dead fanleaves to make room for more light and air around the buds that keeps growing nicely.

This plant is the one I'm gonna ''judge'' the strain on since she's almost twice as big as her older sister and has only been moderately abused and the buds are rock hard:smokin:.

She's not showing any of the dark purple yet, but she's ''due'' on June 4th (70 days) so that might come alonf if it is a purple pheno type. I'm not gonna chop her until I see atleast 25% amber trichomes though.

IMG_20150518_230152.jpg
IMG_20150518_230139.jpg
She's getting the maximum recommended Biobizz nutes and boosters.

Today I chopped Plant #1 and gave her a good trimming and hung her to dry in my old grow cabinet.

Thursday night I gave her a good flush with 12 L of water PH: 6 on and had her sit in darkness until today.

The buds are very fluffy, but nicely frosted so I hope it'll be a decent smoke and give me a bit of a clue to what I might expect form the second plant.

IMG_20150523_175525.jpg

IMG_20150523_194607.jpg

IMG_20150523_201718.jpg

Nice colours in the kush... Subbed... Have you popped any more?

:thanks: Yeah it's a very nice deep purple, I really really hope the second plant turns purple aswell:cheesygrinsmiley:

I just planted 3 germinated seeds today -> see 2nd grow journal.

Thanks!

I'm so looking forward to sample this and cøompare it to the commercial stuff.

I'll make sure to post the final dry weight - If I get 10g from this stunted girl I'll be more than happy.

Great looking girls! Good work. Looking forward to seeing the final weights! I have some auto purps that are just starting to flower now. I love the purps. Such beautiful ladies!

Congrats on your harvest PGR!

My Auto BlackberryKush is at day 65 outdoors. Look forward to reading your smoke review. :rollit::rollit:

:thanks:

I really have to read your journal and see how those auto's perform outdoors , I been thinking about getting some Auto Frisian Dew and some Afghan Kush Ryder for a guerilla test project.

My other not-so-stunted Auto BlackBerry Kush is at day 66 though not showing any purple colours yet but that doesn't matter with tasty looking buds - The top is getting quite heavy so I anchored her to a bamboo stick.

IMG_20150524_235900.jpg

The buds dried quite fast so I cut them off the stem and put them in a jar for curing.
I got 13.6 grams of buds and 0.3 grams of shake hash from the trim.
I sampled some of it and it had a decent effect but the little taste it had was plant-like so I hope the curing will help with that.

Billede0071.jpg

Billede0072.jpg

The bud is a lot fluffier than it looks.

Billede0057.jpg

Billede0058.jpg

Plant #2 is still suffering from to high PH in the soil so she's not getting enough Nitrogen.
I'm gonna give her a good watering with water PH 5 or so and a double shot of Fish-Mix, the buds look very tasty though:)

Billede0090.jpg

They'd make good Christmas trees... Flashing lights might hermi them though, lol.... Looking great purple, well done....

I flushed her again yesterday witnh 12 L of water PH 6.0
The buds are starting to get a little purple colour on the underside of the buds.

She'll probably go down next weekend, so I'm in a bit of a hurry to get my drying cabinet in the right temperature and RH range,
I ordered a Caliber IV hygrometer, a 10-pack of 8 gram Boveda Humidipack 62%, 400 ML Miron Violett jar for the curing process, so I kinda prioritised the wrong way around:)

Back
Top Bottom