Summer Garden - High-Brix Blend

MaxYields

:welcome:

Hey 420magazine friends!

I am happy to announce that I am consolidating all of my current Journals into one! I will now open and close threads based on the seasons, which means first up we have “MaxYield’s Summer Garden!” I am very happy to be starting this Journal, and I apologize for losing interest or not following through with my other Journals. Instead of trying to keep up with several different Journals, from now on I will be able to post any interesting info on my garden in one exciting thread! This will allow me to focus on more than one topic… the “featured items” will now be in the title of my Journals, while inside I will utilize a vast amount of fun products and technology. This, like all of my Journals, isn’t only about growing some very high quality medicine (which I have no doubts will happen) but also about learning through experience. Everything I try and document in this Journal is to not only help me, but also the community here on 420magazine. I will be giving the most unbiased reviews that I can, and focus on what a small hobbyist grower such as myself can do to get the most out of their garden.

I trashed or harvested all of the plants I had growing in my previous Journals, and will be “starting over” if I may call it that. I took my tent apart and scrubbed every inch of the reflective Mylar with dish soap and a scrubby then rinsed it outside and let it dry in the sun. Brought it in and gave it one more wipe down, then set it up. I also washed and reorganized all of my equipment for a better work flow, and I took the Carbon Filter down as I don’t need it in my current situation. I have three 20-gallon totes of DocBud’s High Brix Soil cooking and all of my plants will be set up on top of those.

I have also been in communication with Mark from Platinum LED, and boy has he been more than helpful. After a half hour phone conversation yesterday I decided I will be going with Platinum LED’s P450 model for my next upgrade. Mark went into detail about their new models and how they compare to HID systems and what sets them apart from other LED companies. I am more than convinced, and I couldn’t be more pleased with the level of attention I got from this Sponsor, extremely helpful and friendly. Very glad 420magazine has a contract with them!! Mark and I have worked out the logistics and I will be receiving my light on June 1st. That is the day I return from a week vacation, and I didn’t want it sitting on my door step while I am away. If you are here Mark, THANK YOU!

While I am thanking people around here for their help in getting me set up with new superior products, I need to give DocBud a shout out. His name will be plastered all over this Journal obviously, and I can’t communicate well enough how grateful I am for all of his attention and help. We are seriously blessed to have a member like him in this community… The science behind his soil is real, just like the results, and it is hard to mess up… Coupled with his astounding customer service and involvement here on the forums, I think we have a real winner when it comes to a growing medium. I am very fortunate to be repping such a product and I will do it with as much dignity and grace as I possibly can, again, THANK YOU DOC!

Without any further ado, let’s get in to this Journal!! Everyone is welcome, I only ask you keep it respectful and educational. All questions, comments, criticisms, improvements, ideas, etc. etc. are welcome here! If any problems arise I won’t hesitate to contact the moderators.

:: BASIC INFO ::

GROW SPACE : AgroMax 2’ x 4’ x 6.5’ Indoor Horticulture Tent // 2’ x 3’ x 5’ Closet // My Backyard.
LIGHT : Platinum LED P450 // Mars-Hydro Mars II 700w // The Sun.
VENTILATION : 190cfm Ventech 4” Inline Duct Fan (Passive Intake).
ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROLS : 2-speed Cool Mist Humidifier.

CONTAINERS : 1 / 5 / 7 / 15 / 25 gallon hard-pots & GeoPots.
MEDIUM : DocBud’s High-Brix Blend // FoxFarm Happy Frog & Ocean Forest Blend.
SCHEDULED NUTRIENTS : DocBud’s High-Brix Drenches, Teas & Foliar Sprays // FoxFarm Liquid & Water-Soluble Trios.
ADDITIONAL NUTRIENTS : Emerald Triangle Snow Storm Ultra // Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus // Super-Thrive // Rhizotonic // Molasses.

:: CURRENT STRAINS ::

STRAWBERRY DIESEL : (x3)

-Holy Smoke Seeds​
-NYC Diesel x Strawberry Cough​
-50% Indica / 50% Sativa​
-56 Day Flower​

WARLOCK : (x1)

-Magus Genetics​
-Skunk #1 x Afghani​
-F1 Indica Dominant Hybrid​
-60 Day Flower​

BLUE BERRY : (x1)

-Spliff Seeds​
-[DJ Short’s] Blueberry x Northern Lights​
-75% Indica / 25% Sativa​
-56 Day Flower​

BERRY BOMB : (x1)
-Bomb Seeds​
-Blueberry x Bomb #1​
-Indica Dominant Hybrid​
-49 Day Flower​

:: CURRENT PLANT INFO ::

STRAWBERRY DIESEL : The mother plant is outdoors after a 18 week indoor veg time, she will remain outdoors for the remainder of summer. She is in a 15-gallon GeoPot with a FoxFarm Happy Frog/Ocean Forest blend. I have 2 clones in DocBud’s High-Brix blend, they were rooted in Coco (bad choice if moving to HB soil) and have been in Solo Cups of soil for 4 days now. They have both received one watering with ¼ strength Transplant Drench and one Foliar Feeding of De-Stress. The HB clones are about 25” away from my Mars II 700w unit.

WARLOCK : This plant is a clone taken from the Mother plant in flower, then reveged. It took her about 5 weeks to start growing again, it has been about 3 weeks since she starting growing normally again and she is looking good. She is in a 1-gallon container of my FoxFarm Happy Frog/Ocean Forest blend. I am letting her grow out a little before I take more clones and bloom her, she has had a very stressful life. This plant is also about 25” away from my Mars II 700w unit.

BLUE BERRY : Germination began two days ago, put her in a shot glass of tap water at 3:00pm. Exactly 24 hours later it had sunk to the bottom of the glass, so I transplanted it into a 1-gallon hard-pot of DocBud’s High-Brix Blend, sprinkled the seed hole with a little bit of DocBud’s “Roots!”. Have her in the tent 28” away from my Mars II 700w.

BERRY BOMB : Germination began at the same time and with the same method as the Blue Berry. Transplanted into High-Brix Blend after a 24 hour soak in tap water, seed hole dusted with “Roots!”. She is also 28” underneath the Mars II 700w.

:: FINAL THOUGHTS ::

Well guys and gals, I think that about covers everything that needs to be covered in this post. I will be posting pictures and videos of all my plants and products and such here on the forum, starting tonight with pictures of where everything currently stands. I am leaving town this Thursday (May 21) and won’t be returning until June 1, so that is when all of the info on my new Platinum LED P450 will be posted... That should be a nice long and educational post! I can’t wait to get that bad boy, and by that time my seeds should be out and jammin’ as well, so soon things will be exciting.

While I am on vacation I will be helping my younger brother set up a stealthy Guerilla Grow in his stupid southern state. I will document our experiences here, and hopefully will convince him to get an account started here so he can post about it.

Like I said earlier, this thread is all about learning. Everyone is welcome here, and hopefully we will all be figuring out and jotting down some new techniques or methods that we didn’t quite understand or utilize before. If you already know everything, than please…. share with us!!

This summer should be filled with good yields and dank medicine, thank you to everyone who follows along!

Re: MaxYield's Summer Garden - Platinum LED - High-Brix Blend

Ha! Page #1...finally!

I'll be hangin' round :)

I'd only just put my chair down on your last lawn.. It's foldable, lightweight mind if I set up and watch from over here. Subbed brother...

Sub, Shrike, Onezip, Major, COgrower, Snoop, Xtr and Grizz, thank you all very much for subbing up! I got an update in the works as we speak so we are gonna get right into it you guys! This trip can't come and go fast enough, I want to get my new light hung and shinin' as soon as possible!

Anyways, give it a few minutes fellas.. Gonna go brew some coffee and smoke some bowls then finish putting this update together!

:thanks: & :welcome:

- UPDATE :: MAY 19, 2015 -

Alright everyone, I'm gonna start it off with what we currently got going on in the grow rooms. I was growing exclusively in the Bloom Tent, which was being used as a Veg Tent in the mean time, but I ended up cleaning and re-setting up the Veg Closet because I don't think my clones were liking the LED that much.

:oops:

Anyways, on to the update!

STRAWBERRY DIESEL CLONES ::

Here we have SD Clone #1 in FoxFarm Blend ( 35% FF Happy Frog / 35% FF Ocean Forest / 30% Perlite / Dolomite Lime / Earthworm Castings). This was the prettiest clone of the batch... didn't show a single deficiency while rooting and had the largest root system. She has been really perky until today.. She is starting to get kind of rootbound but it doesn't seem severe enough to cause this drooping.... Regardless I will up-pot within the week.

IMG_42054.jpg

This is SD Clone #2, it is also in the FoxFarm Blend. She was dipped in Rootech when I cut her unlike SD Clone #1, she showed that leaf decay while rooting.. I can't explain it but she looks better now. Good root system, almost root bound as well.

IMG_42067.jpg

Here we have SD Clone #3 which is in DocBud's High-Brix Blend. She doesn't look to happy above but her roots are simply beautiful... They are very thick and furry.. the clones in FoxFarm have roots that are thin and stretchy and not fuzzy. I have sprayed twice with De-Stress this week, haven't watered her since the 1/4 strength Transplant watering after I put her in the Solo Cup.

IMG_42077.jpg
IMG_42085.jpg

Last on the menu is SD Clone #4, also in DocBud's HighBrix Blend, same watering situation as SD Clone #3 and has had 2 De-Stress feedings as well. Her roots are just as developed and pretty... The soil in both pots sticks together but isn't totally dry, still some weight to it.

IMG_42093.jpg
IMG_42108.jpg

That's all on my SD Clones, I am excited to see how these babies do, they will most likely be moved outdoors once they get a little bigger. More updates to come!

:thanks:

- WARLOCK :: MAY 19, 2015 -

Alright, next in line is the Warlock Reveg Clone that I have been growing out! She is loving the LED light so she will be kickin' it solo style in the tent for a while. I have been feeding her 2ml FF Big Bloom / 1ml FF Grow Big per 1ltr of Denver Tap Water every other watering. I always PH to 6.5-6.8.

I gave her a generous super cropping this evening to keep the canopy even and wide. I am trying to imitate Subnoise's training style, his plants are beautiful. This strain has some thin stalks though.. I am going to do a lot of super cropping sessions so they have a lot of knuckles and then I am going to pick up some sort of Silica product to help with that problem.

Here she is in the tent.... Light is about 22" away from the canopy. Temperature 68* Relative Humidity 44%.

IMG_42136.jpg
IMG_42146.jpg
IMG_42157.jpg

Took her out of the tent for some better photos. Here she is before the super cropping.

IMG_42175.jpg
IMG_42185.jpg
IMG_42191.jpg
IMG_42202.jpg

Here she is after the super cropping session.

IMG_42211.jpg
IMG_42224.jpg

Felt a little bad about this one so I duck taped it a little to help keep it up.

IMG_42247.jpg

Gonna let her keep chugging along, then take some clones and Bloom her out. Hope you all enjoy!

- STRAWBERRY DIESEL MOTHER :: MAY 19, 2015 -

Hey you guys! Finishing up yesterdays chain of updates before I head off to work today! Next up is the massive Strawberry Diesel mother... She isn't looking to happy right now unfortunately, she has seen maybe 3 sunny days the last 2 weeks she has been outside. I feel bad for here but there isn't anything else I can do.

She is a fighter, it rains... she droops... she recovers. It's how it works! It had just finished raining after this shot of pictures so she is lookin' pretty droopy. I can't figure out why her new growth is so light green.. It happened when I moved her outside, and a top dressing of EWC one week ago and a nutrient watering 5 days hasn't changed it at all. I'm guessing it has to do with all the stress she has been going through recently.

Input is appreciated.

:cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here are some profile shots, lots of defoliation indoors, probably won't have to do much outdoors now!
IMG_42266.jpg
IMG_42278.jpg

Here are some photo's of her tops, you see how light green they are? Otherwise she looks great!
IMG_422810.jpg
IMG_42296.jpg

Here is the Trunk, and one of her droopiest little branches haha.
IMG_42305.jpg
IMG_42316.jpg

That's it on her, she has a little ways to go. I'm hoping she recovers from all of this stress...I will take care of her the best I can, I just need Colorado to stop being so dang rainy! Oh well, hopefully she will grow big and strong!

What is the SD mom in and being fed? Is she getting Doc's kit treatment? The soil doesn't look like it.
Is she in a 25 gal. pot?

- BERRY BOMB & BLUE BERRY :: MAY 19, 2015 -

Alright guys, last on the list of updates is my two new beans! I have had these for about two months now, very excited to grow the Berry Bomb, really hoping I get some... PURPS! I would be ecstatic if she gave me some color! Here is the plants description from Seedfinder.

Berry Bomb is a unique cross of a hand selected Blueberry mother with the all powerful Bomb #1 father. The result is an outstanding Blueberry like plant, but with bigger yields and more THC. The Bomb #1 father gives Berry Bomb explosive growth while making the strain much easier to grow. This strain produces a large dominant single cola with strong inter-nodal distances. The characteristic explosive growth makes this an excellent choice for SCROG.

Berry Bomb is perfect for Indoor and outdoor growing. Indoors the plant will stay medium in height but outdoors can bring out the best of the Bomb Seeds genetics. Like most purple/blue strains, Berry Bomb will turn blue under correct conditions (i.e. cooler, lower temperatures at night). It has is a good mould resistance strain and at harvest, buds are super frosty with a sweet berry perfume and taste. Berry Bomb provides a classic indica high and thanks to the indica Blueberry mother you won't get that couch-lock feeling.

I might have to move this one outdoors in a 25-gallon pot... Especially since Bomb Seeds seems to think that will really pull out the characteristics of this plant that I want! We will see when we get there though. Got her in a 1-gallon bucket of High-Brix Blend, dusted the seed hole with "Roots!" and gave a light watering of plain Tap. I moved both of my seedlings back into the Veg Closet under the CFL's yesterday.

IMG_42119.jpg

Here is the Blue Berry from Spliff Seeds, I was under the influence this was DJ Short's Blueberry because they didn't change the name at all besides put a space in between Blue and Berry... haha oh well. It is DJ Short's Blueberry crossed with one of their favorite Northern Lights which is a strain I have wanted to grow for a very long time now... So hopefully I will like it. This one could give me color too... I'm prayin'!!!

The original Blueberry is composed of an exotic mix of; Chocolate Thai, Afghani and Highland Oaxacan Gold. She's originally from California, where she was conceived by the famous DJ Short. This Blueberry was then crossed with one of our best Northern Lights Special fathers resulting in an Indica dominant strain. A 75% Indica strain with a high level of THC. She can also be grown outdoor in more Northern Countries and produces blue shades on its leaves as days get colder.

Our Blue Berry has three phenos with variation in bud-shape, leaves, high and color. Pheno #1 (Indica dominant) has a stretched, compact bud-structure, a great flower-to-leaf ratio. The overall appearance is a green plant with a few purple pistils. With pheno # 2 (Indica dominant) both the buds and leaves will turn purple. She has that old school Indica buzz. Pheno # 3 is more Sativa inclined. Only the calyxes turn purple. She forms one large, tall bud and will have more of a Sativa high.

Overall you can say Blue Berry is a short, sturdy and stocky plant producing heavy, compact buds. She has candle-shaped calyxes, medium to large. In ideal conditions these calyxes can turn purple. Flower-to-leaf ratio is good. You can prune or fim her to improve yield, but she does need some room. She doesn't require too much nutrients. Vegetative period should be about three weeks.

Blue Berry has a fruity somewhat earthy aroma and a berrylike, sweet flavor. She has a long-lasting Indica high with a body stoned sensation. Medicinal value: insomnia, digestive problems, emotional problems, nausea, diarrhea, menstrual cramp, chronic pain, joint and muscle pain and fibromyalgia.​

IMG_42123.jpg

Alright everyone, that's all for now, I can't wait to see these girls pop and start growin'! After seeing the roots on my clones in H.B. soil I can only imagine how awesome the root system will be on these two ladies.

:thanks: :thanks: :welcome:

What is the SD mom in and being fed? Is she getting Doc's kit treatment? The soil doesn't look like it.
Is she in a 25 gal. pot?

No she is in a mix of 35% FoxFarm Happy Frog / 35% FoxFarm Ocean Forest / 30% Perlite. She is in a 15 gallon GeoPot, I amended her soil with Granular Dolomite Lime. I top-dressed her pot with more Dolomite Lime and (1-0-0) Earthworm Castings about 15 weeks into Veg and again with EWC about a week ago after I moved her outdoors.

I haven't grown outdoors. I bet the yellowish leaves are just response to all the rain, cool temps, lack of direct sun and soggy roots. The rain may have flushed some of the nutrients out of the pot but I wouldn't do anything with nutes etc until its been sunny for a bit and see if it changes. I think its fine.

- HIGH BRIX FEEDING SCHEDULE -

Alright everyone, using several different posts from "DocBuds High Brix Q&A" as well as his "In The Lab" threads I have put together a precise feeding chart that can applied to any number of pots. I took Major PITA's Foliar Spray ratio and expanded on it, those are my best estimates based on how much of the Foliar Spray I have used in the past.

This schedule assumes that you are following DocBuds recommendation of Solo Cup (not necessary) > 1 Gallon Pot > 7 Gallon Pot transplanting. I also made the assumption everyone with the kit has basic horticulture experience... I did not take into account any of DocBud's specialty products (OG Drench / Fungicide), or heavy feeding plants. This entire schedule is adjustable, so if you have a heavy feeder feel free to bump up the ratios a little.

Also keep in mind I did not give recommended water ratios, that is because we are feeding the soil. Mix the amounts of Drenches and Teas I have given with as much water as you need to get about 20% run off.

Anything written in RED has to do with Transplanting and Soil maintenance. Anything in BLACK has to do with feeding.

DRENCH & TEA RATIOS (Compliments of Graytail)

1 GALLON POT >> 0.5 - 1.0 mL DRENCH >> 0.05 - 0.1 mL TEA

7 GALLON POT >> 3.0 - 7.0 mL DRENCH >> 0.3 - 0.7 mL TEA

10 GALLON POT >> 5.0 - 10 mL DRENCH >> 0.5 - 1.0 mL TEA​

FOLIAR SPRAY RATIOS (Compliments of Major PITA)

SMALL PLANT >> 1 mL Foliar Spray per 30 mL R.O. Water.

MEDIUM PLANT >> 2 mL Foliar Spray per 60 mL R.O. Water.

LARGE PLANT >> 4 mL Foliar Spray per 120 mL R.O. Water.​

THE ENTIRE PROCESS

- CLONES & SEEDS -
Fill Solo Cup with H.B. Soil >> Dig hole for Seed or Clone >> Dust hole with "Roots!" >> Plant Seed or Clone >> Cover and lightly water.

Water >> Water >> Water >> Water >> Water.

De-Stress Tuesdays & Thursdays // Brix Fridays -- @ 1 to 30 mL ratio.

- 1 GALLON: VEG -
Fill 1-gal pot with H.B. Soil >> Dig hole for transplant & dust it with "Roots!" >> Score rootball vertically >> Dust rootball with "Roots!" >> Transplant and cover rootball with soil >> Water (+ 0.5 mL Transplant Drench).

Growth Energy (0.5 mL + 0.1 mL Tea) >> Water (+ 0.25 mL Transplant Drench) >> Growth Energy (0.5 mL + 0.1 mL Tea) >> Water (+ 0.25 mL Transplant Drench) >> repeat.

De-Stress Tuesdays & Thursdays // Brix Fridays -- @ 1 to 30 mL ratio.

NOTE: At this point you should be watering ONLY when leaves begin to show slight signs of under-watering.

- 7 GALLON: VEG -
Fill 7-gal pot with H.B. Soil >> Dig hole for transplant & dust it generously with "Roots!" >> Score rootball vertically >> Dust rootball with "Roots!" >> Transplant and cover rootball with soil >> Water (+ 2.5 mL Transplant Drench).

Growth Energy (5.0 mL + 0.5 mL Tea) >> Water (+ 1.25 mL Transplant Drench) >> Growth Energy (5.0 mL + 0.5 mL Tea) >> Water (+ 1.25 mL Transplant Drench) >> repeat.

De-Stress Tuesdays & Thursdays // Brix Fridays -- @ 2 to 60 mL ratio.

NOTE: At this point you should be watering ONLY when leaves begin to show slight signs of under-watering.

- 7 GALLON: EARLY-BLOOM STRETCH -
Growth Energy (7.0 mL + 0.7 mL Tea) >> Water (+ 1.75 mL Transplant Drench) >> Growth Energy (7.0 mL + 0.7 mL Tea) >> Water (+ 1.75 mL Transplant Drench) >> repeat.

De-Stress Tuesdays & Thursdays // Brix Fridays -- @ 4 to 120 mL ratio.

- 7 GALLON: BUD SETTING -
Cationic Root Drench (7.0 mL + 0.5 mL Tea) >> Cationic Root Drench (7.0 mL + 0.5 mL Tea) >> Growth Energy (7.0 mL + 0.5 mL Tea) >> Water (+ 1.75 mL Transplant Drench) >> Growth Energy (7.0 mL + 0.5 mL Tea) >> Water (+ 1.75 mL Transplant Drench) >> repeat.

De-Stress Tuesdays // Brix Fridays -- @ 4 to 120 mL ratio.

NOTE: At this point you should be watering when the pot is light but the soil is still damp. Do not let it dry out for the rest of Bloom.

- 7 GALLON: FLOWER & BUD SWELL -
Top dress each pot with 1/6 (weight wise) of DocBud's Re-Charge >> Scratch lightly into surface of soil >> Water until run off.

Growth Energy ( 5.0 mL + 0.5 mL Tea) >> Water (+ 1.25 mL Transplant Drench) >> Growth Energy (5.0 mL + 0.5 mL Tea) >> Water (+ 1.25 mL Transplant Drench) >> repeat.

De-Stress Tuesdays // Brix Fridays -- @ 2 to 60 mL ratio.

This is the schedule I will be following. I hope I typed it out correctly because this post took me a little while to make haha. Feel free to ask questions or offer input, if you see something that needs correcting go ahead and say something, preferably before I can't edit this post anymore. Hehe, hope you guys like it!

perhaps add the word "Bloom" or "Bloom Schedule" to the area with the 7 gallon "stretch" :)

perhaps add the word "Bloom" or "Bloom Schedule" to the area with the 7 gallon "stretch" :)

How's that look? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the input, that definitely makes it more clear that the plants should be flowering by that point or just starting.

Back
Top Bottom