GrowDaddy1212's First Grow - 600 Watt - Coco - Blackwater - NL - Purple Urkle - 2015

GrowDaddy1212

Very first indoor grow. This is a legal Medical marijuana grow.
The strains I am growing are all clones that I purchased. I have 2 Blackwater, 1 Northern Lights, and 1 Purple urkle.
I live in an appartment so I am using my utility closet on my back patio. The closet is 4ft x 4ft x 8ft. Inside I have a 3.5ft x 3.5ft x 7ft tent, so it goes without saying things are a little cramped.
Inside the tent I have an air cooled hood with a 600 watt MH bulb (hps for flower obviously) run off of a 600 watt ipower digital dimmable ballast. For ventilation I am currently running filter>fan>ducting>light>ducting out of the top of the tent, directly into a hole in the wall attached by a 6" wall flange. For intake I have a 6" inline duct fan on the bottom right of the tent closest to the opening. I have a clip on fan attached to a pole blowing on the plants at canopy level. For co2 suplimentation I have a medium sized Exhale bag on the floor next to the plants. Temps range from 78f to 90f with the light on and about 65-70 with lights off. Currently running 18hrs of light 6 hours of dark with lights on from 5am-11pm. Current feeding schedule is nutes,nutes,water. I am using distilled water. My nutrients are budha grow-10ml per gallon, ZHO-1/2 Tsp per gallon, and raw calmag- 1 Tsp per gallon. Feeding every 2-3 days currently.

tentresized2.jpg
tentresized1.jpg
DSC_13312.JPG
DSC_13302.JPG
DSC_13283.JPG
DSC_13273.JPG
DSC_13244.JPG
DSC_13253.JPG
DSC_13263.JPG
DSC_13231.JPG
DSC_13173.JPG
DSC_13183.JPG
DSC_13202.JPG
DSC_13194.JPG
DSC_13163.JPG

Re: GrowDaddy1212's First Grow - 600 Watt - Coco - Blackwater - NL - Purple Urkle - 2

I decided to pull the northern lights and purple urkle as I was seeing zero growth.

Re: GrowDaddy1212's First Grow - 600 Watt - Coco - Blackwater - NL - Purple Urkle - 2

Added Great white shark, bubba cherry, and Blackcherry pie. Pics soon

current nutrient solution:
5 gallons of tap water
100ml Buddha grow
3/4 Tsp raw soluble calmag
1oz compost tea
2.5 Tsp ZHO
watering every other to every 2 days nutes-nutes-water

Its been 2 weeks of veg and I decided to pull the MH bulb out and put in the Ushio opti red hps. not sure if this was a good idea or not but we will see. The light is 18" away from the tallest plant. The measurements of the plants before switching to hps are:
11.5"-Black cherry pie
10"-Cherry bubba
7"-Blackwater #1
9.5"-Blackwater #2
7"-Great white shark
will report growth after 1 week of hps

Plants are PISSED about the switch to hps. Putting the Mh back in asap!!!

Beautiful setup, Holmes!!

Very clean. Count me in!! I'll have lots to say ;)

Metal Halide is definitely the way to go for veg if you're choosing between HPS and MH. HPS simulates the fall sun. Bright yellow. And the MH bulb simulate the early season sun. Hope to much didn't go wrong!!

Best of luck!

Metal Halide is definitely the way to go for veg if you're choosing between HPS and MH. HPS simulates the fall sun. Bright yellow. And the MH bulb simulate the early season sun. Hope to much didn't go wrong!!

Best of luck!

I can see the difference in the plants overnight. With the hps they all wilted and just looked generally sad, but as soon as I put the MH bulb back in they perked right back up!

You caught it just in time! I've killed so many plants with lights it's rather humorous.

I decided to go 24/0 for the remainder of the vegetation stage. Its been about a week now and the plants seem to be content.

I think it's a smart choice. I don't think you'll really be adding too much by switching a bit late. But it won't hurt.

I run a 24/0 light cycle for the first 6-9 weeks of veg.

Cheers, Holmes!

ok, heres some new pictures for you guys. 6 more days marks 30 days of veg, I have 5ft of usable grow space, how much longer should I veg to maximize my yeild, while utilizing all available space in my tent? I really want atleast half a pound off of this. Any advice welcome.
IMG_20150609_175710.jpg
IMG_20150607_210408.jpg
DSC_137821.JPG
DSC_13663.JPG

Back
Top Bottom