Shadowman's 2015 Grow Season

shadowman

Welcome one and all to another shadowman grow season. I've gone LED for this years flowering girls. I'll be using the Mars-Hydro Reflector Series 144x3w's in flower and I'll keep using a T5 2' 4bulb florescent light with cfl's on the outside of the T5 in the veg room. All my plants are grown in Ideal 420 Soil and will be finishing in 5 gal. pots. I water with distilled water and only add nutes when they go to flower. All plants that go to flower will be flowered under a 4'x4' scrog net (double net if needed). I germinated 3 strains, 2 seeds each strain, AK 47 XTRM, Thai Skunk and White Widow. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
[video]

I a here front row seat. Good to see you back in action brotha. I am watching your vids now. Talk soon :passitleft:

Thanks brother, I'll get more vids I already shot up today and then start some new ones. I just feel right being back in the saddle.

Hey Shadow.
Dude, I'm having a rough start with my Ideal soil. I've got a journal going, but I don't expect you to read through all the pages. Basically, I've lost four plants.
I wait until I have a little tap root, put in rockwool cube, get about 1-2in of growth and put the cube into soil. Every plant stalled and then died about 4 days later :(

I noticed your soil looks like it has perlite, does it?
What exactly do you do? Your grows do Ideal proud, my grows, not so much.

I would love your input sir!

Hey Colesdad, glad to have you stop in.
I am not experienced enough to tell you what it is that is causing your plants to die but I can tell you how I go about my germination and planting procedures. I don't add anything to the soil that doesn't already come mixed in it.
First I select the seeds from the strains I plan on growing. I look for dark brown hulls with black striping if they have any(I refer to these as tiger stripes). I then soak the seeds in distilled water for 24-48 hours. I then place them between damp paper towels and keep them covered in a warm place. Usually within another 24-48 hours I have some tap roots showing. Once the tap root has cracked the hull and is easily visible I plant them in soil.
I use solo cups with holes drilled for drainage and fill them with Ideal 420 Soil. I make a hole with a pencil about 1/4" deep and place the seed in the hole with tap root facing down and lightly cover the seed with soil. I then dampen the seed site with a spray bottle. Usually 5-6 sprays is enough to keep the soil around the seed moist for hours. I check them about every 4-6 hours to make sure the soil is moist but not soaked. I spray when the top is dry. I continue watering this way until the sprout breaks through the soil and gets to 3"-6" in height and then switch to a more traditional method(pouring water directly on soil). I've only had 1 maybe 2 seeds that didn't sprout and maybe 3-4 that died as a seedling. I can't tell you why you're having issues but if I had to make a guess, I would say it's either over watering, under watering or inferior seeds. Not all seeds are created equal, even within the same strain you can have different quality seeds. Don't let it get you, keep trying and don't love them to death. Be patient. I hope this helps you, I'll stop in to your garden and have a look.

Hey Subnoise, Welcome and thanks for stopping in. You're just in time, I'll be flipping 2 in the next week or so and then the magic will begin.

:welcome: Anyone and everyone. Here's an update on Thai Skunk 1 & 2 in the flower rooms and AK 47 XTRM in the veg room with the Thai Skunk #1 clones. Here's some clone photos.
2015-05-28_20_26_12.jpg

2015-05-28_20_25_47.jpg

2015-05-28_20_26_22.jpg

2015-05-28_20_26_47.jpg

2015-05-28_20_26_38.jpg

2015-05-28_20_26_56.jpg

2015-05-28_20_27_15.jpg

[video=youtube_share;QYHNxgn5GYU]
[/video]
Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time.

Back
Top Bottom