Dutty Retires To The Tent To Test LED Technology

Dutty Panty

Ok so I've been using lumatek dual 600 ballasts and hortilux bulbs since late 09. They have changed my life no joke. They enabled me to become a true professional grower and make this passion a career.
I love hps no problems except heat and cost. I'm very skeptical of led lights cause well I've watched many failed larger grows on them. A few are not worth the value of the fixture there placed in and a lot are just mass produced China knock offs with little tech or r and d behind them.

There were a few led companies I was gonna try, but went with platinum after seeing docs, tav, zig, and others use them with what has appeared as good results. This is my livelihood and if led can produce within 5% total yield and 10% respectively thc (so a 30 still hitting 27%)
I will flip over to led and sell all my hid gear not my t5's though. If this trial works I'm looking at a big chunk of change to get all led may take some time or financing lol.

Also another reason I wanted to try Leds in a tent is if I go rec and not stay medical I want to still grow for my wife and I on a smaller scale. Hence the retirement well from medical.

I'm a straight shooter I will be very open about these tests if it works I'll rave if it's a bust I'll bitch.

The tent has arrived and waiting on rest of gear all en route.

Gorilla 5x5 tent with extension (doesn't fit with my ceiling heighth)
(2) platinum led p600's
Vortex s line 6" exhaust fan
Phresh 400 cfm filter
(3) Holmes 6" oscillating clip fans
Botanicare 4x4 tray (I own 6)
Led green lights (still looking)

I'll probably go all high brix or all house and garden on this trial I'll actually throw that up for vote while I'm waiting for lights. So let me know if you would rather see docs high brix or house and garden.

My only thanks on this journal are to these people even though a ton of you have helped me with the picking of these items.

Doc bud
MassMedMan
Mark at platinum
Jen at gorilla tents
Duggan
NematodeNate (sorry for high jacking your thread)
Ziggy
Tav

If I missed ya sorry those are just focused towards this specific journal.

Also this journal will have
Light readings twice per week.
Node pictures and nodal amount compared to my hps.
Heighth (stretch etc.) compared to my hps
Final weights compared to hps
Thc % compared to hps
Terpene profile compared to hps.

I hope this will help people choose. I'm making this cause this is what I would of looked for if I was gonna contemplate making a switch from hps to led. So without anymore banter here's where my led trials will take place.

DSC_4219.JPG
DSC_4221.JPG
DSC_4222.JPG
DSC_4224.JPG

Thanks Subnoise this will be my most technical journal yet. Should be very informative I'm also gonna throw up 8 strains for you all to pick the 4 from.

I am in for this one. Can't wait to see what you can do under those lights I have to talk to my boss (the girlfriend) so I can add anothe space to do a two plant scrog I love my p600 and if I get a tent that will go into the scrog and I will get a p900 for my garage grow. blue diesel gets my vote and 9lb hammer. I have a blue diesel cross that is gonna be started next in hibrix soil the next few months are gonna be fun to watch what you can do there

[ Quote: Dutty Panty ] This is my livelihood and if led can produce within 5% total yield and 10% respectively thc (so a 30 still hitting 27%)
```````````````````````````````````````````````````

I have been Led (pun) to believe that LED's produce about 3 % more thc compared to conventional HID lighting's thc levels.

You *may* be pleasantly surprised by the final thc percentage increase. So 30 could be 33 or 34% ! :hookah: :theband:

This is going to be a killer thread , thanks for taking the time to educate people , good or bad the truth is important.

tip: plants under LED require Magnesium more then plants under HID do.

I will suggest general hydroponics CaliMagic as it has Calcium Magnesium and iron in it. Perhaps others have a better source to recommend.

I am officially subbed now !

Having just finished up my first grow with LED's (2xP900's) in a Gorilla 5x5 and one of the strains being 9lb Hammer (Love it so far)...how could I resist your new thread? :high-five:

Between my old 600 watt HPS and the Plat's, there is no contest. It only took one grow to make me a believer. LED's from now on for sure.

YMMV, Dutty...but I think you will be more than pleasantly surprised my the Plat's. :thumb:

Glad to be here...:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom