Mars II Reflector LED - Scrog - Grow Closet Journal

ganjazz

Recently wanted to start with growing and made a silent stealth closet.
Decided to go with leds over hps due to heat, durability,electrical benefit, good results and safety reasons.

During pregrow plants where under 2*55w TL for 2 weeks.
Meanwhile ordered mars reflector 96 x 3w, plants are 1.5 week under the led and growing good.

Im happy with the result so far.

Plants(11L smartpots) : 2 x pineapple sativa(scrog), 1 x critical, 1 x grapefruit(scrog), 1 x strawberry amnesia(scrog).

3.5 weeks now 18-6 light, will switch tot 12-12 in 1.5 week approx.

Nutrients i use from organic BAC gamma, earth is lavasoil.

Some pictures of grow closet and plants :

pregrow room
SAM_23502.JPG

grow room
SAM_2341.JPG

SAM_23571.JPG

SAM_23581.JPG
SAM_23641.JPG

SAM_23711.JPG

2 plants in front are pineapple sativa, the right one is growing very fast compared to others, could it be a herma therefore?

Let me take a seat and enjoy the show. Good luck with your grow!
BTW your setup looks awesome!

Thanks, its my first time grow, and very exicted to see the progress and what the result will be. :cheesygrinsmiley:

----------------------
edit can someone correct the topic title: ----- First led Mars-Hydro grow -----
----------------------

Looks good ganjaz, don't suppose you got a lux meter? would be interesting to see just how much light you get from your led.

Looks good ganjaz, don't suppose you got a lux meter? would be interesting to see just how much light you get from your led.

Dont need a lux meter, its 1st time grow and see how it goes first :)

Ordered another MarsHdyro Reflector 150W which should recieve in couple days, will add photo later when installed. .

Gonna update thread regulary with progress of plants,

This photo of today, (think better add some more soil in pots as its sinked abit)
SAM_2383.JPG

SAM_2386.JPG

Have to change setup, 5 plants seems too mush for closet,

Will make another small grow closet now and move 1 plant for scog there(reflector150w) and also the 2x55w TL.

For big closet ordered mars2 400w, this together with reflector gives 700w led = 400w hps

Also ordered irrigation starters system from blumat

Want my first grow to be a good one :blushsmile:

3 days later.....
SAM_24081.JPG
SAM_24071.JPG
SAM_24061.JPG
SAM_24041.JPG
SAM_24031.JPG
SAM_2401.JPG

Will make another small grow closet now and move 1 plant for scog there(reflector150w) and also the 2x55w TL.

For big closet ordered mars2 400w, this together with reflector gives 700w led = 400w hps
Should be more than enough for better coverage and more yield :cheesygrinsmiley:

Be careful with what you think your using in watts. All LEDs run at half power pretty much. The Mars 400w only pulls 200w from the wall and your reflector only pulls half. So after you add those then you will have your true number. For example I replaced my 400w hps with the Mars II 900w since it pulls 450w from the wall. But the good thing about LEDs is that your 400w still will be equal or better than a 400w hps since the light strength is so intense. I replaced my 400 with 450 true watts of LED which is even better than a 600w hps :thumb:

Should be more than enough for better coverage and more yield :cheesygrinsmiley:

Be careful with what you think your using in watts. All LEDs run at half power pretty much. The Mars 400w only pulls 200w from the wall and your reflector only pulls half. So after you add those then you will have your true number. For example I replaced my 400w hps with the Mars II 900w since it pulls 450w from the wall. But the good thing about LEDs is that your 400w still will be equal or better than a 400w hps since the light strength is so intense. I replaced my 400 with 450 true watts of LED which is even better than a 600w hps :thumb:

Thanks, i was told mars2 400 with reflector 96 x3w was more than enough for this space , first i planned to buy mars2 700 but they advised not to do,

Using 250 HPI light until mars2 arrives for now from a friend.

And just implanted irrigation system with a 25L tank :)
SAM_24171.JPG
SAM_24161.JPG
SAM_24151.JPG

Looking good! Nice thinking on your screen. Have you had any trouble with your blumats watering to runoff? Thanks. Subbed
GB80

thx,its easy setup and can change hight for the scrog net in case i use smaller or bigger pots :)

The blumat havent tested yet as soil is wet enough(gave water earlier today)

So tomorrow will give an update.

Back
Top Bottom