OrganicMan's Auto Indoor Soil Grow

OrganicMan

Hey everyone this is my second grow journal & I'm very excited.

I have chosen auto flowers for this run as I am some what on a time limit but I assure theses ladies will get as much care and attention as any of my previous ;)

Strains-

3 Critical + Auto (Dinafem) 65-70 days
3 Bubba Cheese Auto (Emerald Triangle) 45 days (we shall see!)

Critical_auto_Bubba_Cheese_auto_1_.JPG

Soil - Second use: CANNA Terra Pro+ with 20% perlite with added mycorrhizas (plant magic granules) and Ecothrive Charge a natural bio stimulant here's some info:

"Soil Conditioner and Biostimulant
Charge is a 100% naturally-produced potting soil enhancer that offers a wide range of biological benefits to your plants. Charge boosts and prolongs the fertility of your potting mix by adding a balance of long-lasting primary nutrients in a highly available form. Composed entirely from the droppings of beetles, this premium grade 'insect frass' is packed full of beneficial microorganisms and natural plant growth catalysts. Charge will stimulate robust plant growth, improve root zone conditions and create vigorous high yielding plants. It's also certified for use in growing organic crops by the Soil Association.
Contains a well-balanced proportion of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium with good availability and long-term supply.

Promotes a healthy biological presence in the growing media, improving nutrient cycling and availability as well as improved root growth.
Contains naturally occurring activators of plants' immune response, elevating defence against bacterial and fungal
diseases.
Easy to apply thanks to user-friendly sandy texture.
100% Organic — Approved by the Soil Association.
NPK — 3/2/3"

Containers - 5x 22.5L Air Pots 1x 20L Premium Square pot

Water - Tap water left to air for 24hrs & PHd to 6.4 for initial watering

Nutrients I will be using - Plant Magic Granules, Ecothrive Charge, Plagron Power Roots, Plant Magic Oldtimer Grow & Bloom, Plant Magic Magne-Cal [soft water area], Plant Magic Bio Silicone, Plagron Green Sensation, Plagron Sugar Royal

Equipment:

Room- 1.5m x 1.5m x 2m self built double insulated.

Light - Adjusta watt 250w - 600W Dimable Ballast, SOL Digital 600w MH [Veg], 600w Sunmaster HPS [Flowering], 6" Air-cooled Gold star Reflector

Fans & Ducting - TD Acoustic 6" fan, TT inline 4" fan, BLT pedastal fan 16" & Rhino Acoustic Ducting

Filter - Can lite 6" 600cfm

Max -Min Temperature and Humidity Sensor-Temperature - 25-28 degrees [c] Humidity- 40% - 60%

HM PH80 ph meter

Preparation

I'm using the same soil from my last grow but I have added Plant magic granules and Ecothrive Charge so hopefully this should mean less feeding through out.

Germination

Started germination on the 20/6 with a heat mat, plastic container, paper towel and ph adjusted water
The paper towel technique has never failed me
All critical + popped by 21/6

Critical_auto_Bubba_Cheese_auto_8_.JPG

The Bubba Cheese were a little slower (they were a little older) but all popped the next day so 100% germination :slide:

And it begins! I use clig film on top of the pots to create a mini green house and spray twice a day with phd water.

Critical_auto_Bubba_Cheese_auto_6_.JPG

Critical +
Critical_auto_Bubba_Cheese_auto_5_.JPG

Critical +
Critical_auto_Bubba_Cheese_auto_4_.JPG

Critical +
Critical_auto_Bubba_Cheese_auto_3_.JPG

Hopefully the Bubba will show themselves today more pics to come :Namaste:

Here are some pics of the Bubba Cheese just popped out last night :slide:

Bubba Cheese - this one had the seed shell stuck on so I had to pry it off very gently, it should catch up in a day
DSC_000693.JPG

Bubba Cheese
DSC_000485.JPG

Bubba Cheese
DSC_000390.JPG

And some of the critical + too

Critical +
DSC_000973.JPG

Critical +
DSC_000877.JPG

Critical +
DSC_000780.JPG

:Namaste:

you will enjoy that bubba cheese , i have done them in 50 days , great little plants , yielding almost 3 os perplant

good luck , here was my ladies , watch for hermies i got one among them i had bad back at the time and couldnt get in to keep an eye on them , you will love them , they are my best auto by far

P10607381.JPG
P10607371.JPG
P10607321.JPG

P10607211.JPG
P10607201.JPG

Thanks for the info mate & great plants :bravo: :thumb:I have grown bubba 76 before & always had problems with hermi I think it's a strain trait, I will have to keep a close eye on my ladies, did you notice any variation in phenotype?

Hi brother!
Phenotype refers to the unique traits exposed by individuals of the same genetic lineage. Think of you and your brothers. Sired by the same parents, and hence carrying the same genetic material; you remain unique individuals despite sharing the same genetic material.
You and your brothers represent different genotypes.
Like when you get different plants from the same strain, and one of them is better. You could say that specific genotype is better suited for your needs.
I hope that helps somehow haha

Hi brother!
Phenotype refers to the unique traits exposed by individuals of the same genetic lineage. Think of you and your brothers. Sired by the same parents, and hence carrying the same genetic material; you remain unique individuals despite sharing the same genetic material.
You and your brothers represent different genotypes.
Like when you get different plants from the same strain, and one of them is better. You could say that specific genotype is better suited for your needs.
I hope that helps somehow haha

now that makes sense , thank you for taken out the time to explain :)

i found them all nicely shaped and sized , unlike the thc bombs i am doing now , there are 2 going north far too much for my liking , lanky and trying to hit my lights , i have 5 and 3 are better looking than these 2 lanky ones , i even had to cut one have way down the main cola

i hopew this is the answer you wanted

P1070527.JPG
P1070498.JPG

now that makes sense , thank you for taken out the time to explain :)

i found them all nicely shaped and sized , unlike the thc bombs i am doing now , there are 2 going north far too much for my liking , lanky and trying to hit my lights , i have 5 and 3 are better looking than these 2 lanky ones , i even had to cut one have way down the main cola

i hopew this is the answer you wanted

P1070527.JPG
P1070498.JPG

Thanks mate :thumb:
Well I'm hoping to get a bubba cheese that leans more towards the bubba lineage for the taste alone :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:
Those 2 thc bomb are looking very sativa dominant to me, you could try bending the branches or tying them down to create a more even height. I had an amnesia on my last run that had to have the main cola tied down but everything below definitely benifited from it.

Hey all a quick update on my little grow :)

I had to move my babies out of the room due to heat issues which are beyond my control at the minute. So they are now in a tent with a little ultra sonic humidifier, in a nice cool room. I lost one of the bubba cheese autos due to heat stress but all the others seem to be doing fine, a little slow but fine. The bubba cheese that had the shell stuck on is recovering it is a little behind the rest but there is time. I also think that my ph pen isn't working properly due to the twisting of some of the new growth so I will calibrate it before the next watering. Here are some pics tell me what you think...

All in tent
DSC_001562.JPG

Bubba cheese that had shell stuck
DSC_001458.JPG

Bubba Cheese
DSC_001074.JPG

Critical +
DSC_001358.JPG

Critical +
DSC_001271.JPG

Critical +
DSC_001175.JPG

So a quick update at the end of week 3, I have had some issues over the last week or so firstly fungus gnat I have been using sticky traps and a new organic bug spray called Shield and I think I have solved the issue but not without some stress to the plants. I was in a rush one morning before work and stupidly used the spray with the lights on full, silly stoner mistake :oops: When I came home a lot of the new growth had shriveled up to a crisp :( I'm hoping that they will recover. I also re-potted the Bubba cheese in the square pot in to an airpot, the square pot was holding to much moisture and became a breeding ground for the gnats it is very behind but maybe ill get something from her. Fingers crossed that these ladies will be ok. :bitingnails:

All together
DSC_005028.JPG

Critical +
DSC_005127.JPG

Critical +
DSC_005229.JPG

Ctitical +
DSC_005324.JPG

Bubba cheese
DSC_005430.JPG

Stunted Bubba Cheese

DSC_005530.JPG

:Namaste:

Well everything seems to be getting better, all the ladies are growing nicely and have started to speed up.

I have only fed these ladies once at the start of week 2 and they defiantly don't need any more I think that all additives I used in my soil were more than enough to see them through the veg phase and I have a slight overfeed issue but I'm going to give them all a good rinse out next watering.

The damaged caused by the spray is finally starting to grow out but mixed with the overfeed it has caused some warping of new growth especially on the other bubba cheese and Ive had to remove some branches that were very badly damaged.

DSC_007024.JPG

DSC_006926.JPG

The bubba cheese that was stunted is still quite small but I have high hopes, anything is better than nothing :lot-o-toke:

DSC_007231.JPG
DSC_006227.JPG

Critical + looking good already showing girly bits

DSC_007122.JPG
DSC_007425.JPG
DSC_007327.JPG
DSC_006828.JPG

All the ladies in the tent

DSC_007531.JPG

Heres hoping :Namaste:

So its been a good few days and I think things seem to be going well :) I flushed all the ladies 2 days ago so they are all looking a little over watered i used just plain water that I left bubbling for a couple of days and I also added some Supervit by Hesi :

"SuperVit contains 25 plant-active vital elements that provide a source of strength for the plant in the soil. SuperVit stimulates the production of growth and flowering hormones on plants. The result: vital plants with profuse flower production.

SuperVit is a mix of 15 vitamins and 10 amino acids, that all play a large role in the metabolism of a plant. The vitamins and amino acids (vital substances) of SuperVit are the building blocks of, among other things, plant hormones, enzymes and chlorophyll.

Plants can produce these building blocks themselves from minerals, but with Hesi SuperVit the plants are supplied with the vital substances in a ready-to-use form. This saves time and energy. The energy that this saved is noticeable as an improvement in the growth and flowering and as optimal resistance and health.

The flower production is boosted, the light absorption of the plant is improved, and the metabolism is accelerated. SuperVit activates growth and flowering hormones and is therefore suitable during all periods of the plant's growth cycle.
Plants are healthier if they are taken care of by SuperVit!"

I think that it has help them get over the stress, they have all picked up a lot even the stunted little bubba.

Take a look and tell me what you think :cheesygrinsmiley:

Everyone together
DSC_009327.JPG

Critical + I think this one is more on the sativa side
DSC_009430.JPG

Critical + looking more on the indica side
DSC_009530.JPG

Critical + A good mix of both sativa and indica
DSC_009722.JPG

Bubba cheese this is the stunted one
DSC_009625.JPG

Bubba cheese this is the one that had to have some branches removed
DSC_009931.JPG

Im going to let them all dry over the next few days and then think about changing the light over to the hps, Any advice/help would be much appreciated :Namaste:

looking sweet :) , the bubba cheese is not a big fan of nutes at all , im surprised they are stunted , they where my best ever autos , they will come back fighting :thumb:

Thanks mate :) I'm sure i think that they are looking worse than they actually are. i'm 4 weeks in and have only fed them once! I think that the Charge soil enhancer and the fact that I'm reusing the soil for a second time is probably the problem but it could be a lot worse. We live and learn :) I think I'm just going to give them some water with some Humboldt honey and Supevit next water any thoughts?

sounds good , :thumb:

i was going to do the bubba cheese again only i was directed towards thc bombs , the bombs are not cutting it for me at all , just chopped one and will be lucky to get an O from it , its was a lanky plant and did more growing north than making buds
as you say we live and learn

still a smoke , here is the close up :)

Mon_Jul_20_13-49-18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom