Pete's Journal - 2015

pete2

I want to thank The Roach,SuperGroomer,Pigeons 420 and everyone else that responded to my post and tried to answer my questions.:thanks::thumb::thanks:
My grow room is a 30in x 48in area bedroom closet.
I used a industrial strength sanitizer.I sprayed a med coat on everything in the closet.
Lined the walls with Mylar 4ft up.
Used a mixture of 4 to 1 of peroxide and water to sanitize the DWC system that I'm using
DWC system is a 5 gal buckets with 10in baskets and each bucket has a air pump to it.I'm doing 4 buckets all together.
The media that I'm using is clay pebbles
I have a 400 watt HPS light.Right now it is 28in above the planters.
I have a 100 cfm 4in fan attached to the the light that runs into the ceiling into the attic.Trying to keep the temp down.
The temp is around 85f and the RH is around 75%
I don't know what the strain is but the names are liberty haze,skywalker kush,purple og#18,kosh krush.
Germinate them in a paper towel.They got to about 4in and I planted them on 06/19/2015
I'm using Dyna-grow plant food 7-9-5.And Dyna-grow Bloom 3-12-6
PH level is around 6.0.I haven't started ferlizer anything yet.Here are a few pics,would like any commets or suggestions.As always :thanks::thumb:
Grow_room_0011.JPG
Grow_room_0023.JPG
grow_room_0011.JPG
grow_room_0023.JPG

Hello Pete2, congratulations for your new journal! I´m glad you are sharing it with us!
That is an awesome setup, I hope everything goes well with your grow.
Subscribed and if I can help in any way, just let me now!

Adding ventilation can help with the temps, and a dehumidifier for high humidity. Raising your light can help with the temps as well, just keep in mind that light intensity decreases exponentialy when you raise the light!

Re: Petes jorunal//06/19/2015

It's not aluminium foil.It's something called Mylar.I never heard of radiator foil before.Why do u think that would b better.Guess I don't understand light very well.:thanks::thumb::thanks:

ok, my bad, didnt saw it good, looked like that.

Anyway good luck with the grow :thumb:

Super nice looking grow setup! Looks like you've got everything pretty much in line. Wish you all the best and hope your grow is a great one!

sorry it took so long to get back to u.It's odd that you would say you've never seen a light with a switch on the hood,because I've never seen one with out a switch.It came from a place called Sun Leaves. It doesn't have a fan on it but it does have a 4 inch sleeve on top that I hooked a fan to it that goes into my ceiling to help control the temp.It works pretty good.Thanks hope to hear from u again sometime

sorry it took so long to get back to u.It's odd that you would say you've never seen a light with a switch on the hood,because I've never seen one with out a switch.It came from a place called Sun Leaves. It doesn't have a fan on it but it does have a 4 inch sleeve on top that I hooked a fan to it that goes into my ceiling to help control the temp.It works pretty good.Thanks hope to hear from u again sometime

im always lurking on this site lol. yeah if you check out my current journal in my sig youll see what my light looks like (600w dimmable by apollo horticulture) at least i hope one of my pics shows it...? so what does the switch do? just turn it on/off

Pete, congratulations, nice looking set up !!
With regards to controlling temps, all advice given so far is spot on, but, nutrient temps are another thing.
I don't know where or what season you are in presently but ,if it's winter you may be lucky to keep pythium at bay.
If, on the other hand it's coming into the warmer months, you may be in trouble.
H202,. will sanitise you root zone and there are other products to help with that but the ambient temp in your room will dictate your nutrient temp. In single bucket systems without recirculating it is difficult to keep temps down,Lot's of frozen water bottles are a major pita !!, especially with 4 buckets !! People will say it's doable, and it is, but very time consuming.Best advice I could give is, buy a chiller, second best would be buy some igloo's to use instead of buckets.Good luck and welcome, there are lot's of helpful likeminded individuals here only too willing to help a brother !! I'm subbed.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom