Team Goat's Gunja - 600W - Grow Tent - Top Feed

teamgoat

Hey hey fellow 420ers!

I am in the process of building my first hydroponics system, and what better way to document it, than right here. From what I can see this is a great community, with a plethora of information and many years of combined experience amongst it's users! Being my first time, I want you all to be brutal with your suggestions and criticism. I plan on documenting the entire build and grow, step by step.

I will be using a Greman 1.5×1.5×2.0m tent.
571.jpeg

With a 600w MH/HPS vented hood with digital ballast
335.jpeg

In my next post I will document the build of my Reservoir and automated watering system.

For my reservoirs, I bought 2 160l storage tubs.
20150706_172056.jpg

I started by cutting the holes for the pots in the lid using a Stanley knife (So tedious, I was very close to cutting out my eyeballs)
20150703_160752.jpg

I then made my own feed rings using 4mm rubber tube, slicing evenly spaced "v" cuts, connecting each end to a "t" piece
20150703_173231.jpg

Next I plumbed up the water supply line, using 13mm poly tube, and joined in the feed rings. I have an adjustable flow rate submersible pump connected to one end, and 13mm inline valve connected to the other. With the adjustable flow rate on the pump, and the adjoining valve, I should be able to get the desired feed rate to my plants. The pump will be connected to a timer to run for 15mins at hourly intervals.
20150706_164216.jpg

I then added a drain valve to the bottom of the reservoir. I bought a ball valve and associated fittings from my local farming supplies store. I designed it this way so I can connect a hose to drain the reservoirs to the outside of my shed, whilst the reservoirs remain in situ. I can then connect the hose to the tap, and refill the reservoirs to the desired level.
20150706_172124.jpg

I have also purchased this air pump, but unfortunately i am still waiting for it to arrive. Maybe I will edit this post once it arrives and I have it installed.
3-1.jpeg

So all in all I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. If I were to start again I would probably have the reservoirs separate.
20150704_2140081.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom