BeautyndeBuds First Grow - Soil - LED - Shiskaberry - G-13 - 2 Mystery Strains - 2015

BeautyndeBuds

Strains: Shiskaberry, G-13, and 2 Mystery Strains
Shiskaberry: 80% Indica, 20% Sativa
G-13: 100% Afgani India
"Williams": Looks like mostly Sativa?? :hmmmm:
"Bro's": 1 of 2 possible strains my bro used to grow, looks mostly Indica :hmmmm:
#: 10 Indoor & 4 Outdoor :dreamy::woohoo:
Roots Organic Original Potting Soil (Started in Jiffy Pots, then used Black Gold, now have mostly Roots)
Ingredients: Coco fiber, peat moss, perlite, pumice, premium worm castings, bat guano, kelp, fish bone meal, soy bean meal, feather meal, greensand, leonardite and alfalfa meal.
Indoors: 1-8 gal pots
Outdoors: 65 Gal root aka smart pots
2 300W PlatinumLEDs in 4 x 4 and 4 of my babies are outside! (new setup, had a long journey to get here, started in Bay window, then 24W flourscent in makeshift box room, it's my first time, don't judge lol!)
240 CFM duct fan & 22" oscilating fan
Temp: 82-93 degrees (in garage, a bit inconsistent)
RH: usually about 30%, but seen anywhere from 22%-40%
Pest issues: had Fungas Knats :oops: (I think I've gotten them under control though, just treated with Neem Oil in anticipation of heat wave this week as well)
Watering as needed plant by plant :surf:
Nutrients: Thrive Alive B-1, Oregonism XL, and Floralicious Plus (haven't added yet, planning on around Aug. 25th??) :confused:

Hello All,
Thank you for taking the time to read my journal, I am really looking forward to the feedback and advice that you all have for me, I have been reading journals behind the scenes and figued it was time to get in the game! I am a first time grower flying by the seat of my pants in the new wild wild west of legalization in Oregon. I will be using this journal to document both my current indoor and outdoor grows as I started them all together and don't feel that I can manage two journals (I hope this is not breaking any rules!)

Thanks for joining me on this adventure,
Beauty and the Buds

PS pictures to follow, bare with me, technical dificulties!

Re: BeautyndeBuds First Grow - Soil - LED - Shiskaberry - G-13 - 2 Mystery Strains -

So a little catching up, as I started the seeds on May 25th, here are some pics of my journey thus far.
WP_20150527_001.jpg
WP_20150528_016.jpg
WP_20150625_0011.jpg
WP_20150626_0011.jpg
WP_20150626_002.jpg
WP_20150626_003.jpg

Re: BeautyndeBuds First Grow - Soil - LED - Shiskaberry - G-13 - 2 Mystery Strains -

So I started off as a dabbler, just threw a bunch of bag seeds (131 to be exact lol) on some toilet paper and waited to see what happened, thinking that as they were anywhere from 6 months to mostly 5-10 years old, I would have very poor results...well boy was I sure wrong! 46 sprouts later I found myself in over my head pouring over reasearch and while trying to make dozens of decisions that I felt unprepared to make. I started off with the most basic, cheapest of cheap routes and purchased myself a 24W flourscent light. I enclosed a shelf in my garage with boxes, not exactly light tight, but it was okay, and thought that was an upgrade. As I read more and more, particularly 420mag blogs, lumen envy set in, my heart swelled with love for my plants, and I got serious. I made a major order on Amazon, picked up a pair of 300W PlatinumLEDs, a 4 x 4 apollo flower tent, a Quictent Ⅱ 30"x18"x36" mom/veg tent, and all the accoutrements for the garage. I also got myself 4 65 gal smart pots as I had always intended for the backyard. To say I am obsessed would be an understatement.
V_DB79.jpg
WP_20150715_001.jpg
WP_20150724_004.jpg
WP_20150724_005.jpg

WP_20150727_003.jpg

4 x 4 Update Shot
WP_20150728_013.jpg

Surprise, it's a girl!! :woohoo: This is the strain from my bro.
WP_20150728_006.jpg

And we have our first dude of the litter. Or at least I think so, will somebody with experience confirm so I can juice him. You can juice males, right? (Williams)
WP_20150728_009.jpg

And this is what I will have after the male goes to pasture.

So, I am thinking I should take a clone from my veg tent and sex it out instead of just transfering the whole plant...I have 18 potential moms in there (3 ea of my 4 varities plus some randoms) so it's pretty crowded, but I have no idea which are boys and girls. I've obviously never cloned before, but I have a lot of strechy plants, so I'm also considering taking the tops as clones to be healthier moms and getting rid of the stretched out bottoms instead... advice anyone??

Hello All,
I've been informed that I need to step up my picture game, so I decided to take some outdoor shots for you guys this afternoon! It was 104 today so they're looking a little thirsty... And I know, they're small, but I'm hoping they will still produce something decent by mid-October. I had planned to replace any males that I end up with outdoors with the cooresponding strain from the 4 x 4, but man it is hard to think about doing that when I see how much happier/bigger my babies are under the LEDs! But the sun is free, and it hasn't hit 12/12 outside yet; plus I have plenty of canidates to transfer from the mom/veg tent to the 4 x 4 so I must stick to plan!
Exciting news from the garden today, well actually I found them yesterday, but I'm sharing with you today that we have pre-flowers on the outdoor "Bro!" That's the same strain that I got a confirmed female from inside the 4 x 4 yesterday. However they are simply too small for me to identify at this point, maybe one of you experts out there can chime in and tell me what I'm looking at...otherwise we will all have to wait for further development.
More exciting news from the 4 x 4, but you all will have to wait for my next post until I take some cooresponding pictures; I know, I'm a tease...
So without further ado, the Outdoor Babes:
WP_20150729_001.jpg
WP_20150729_002.jpg

Front L: Shiskaberry, Front R: G-13, Back L: "Williams", Back R: "Bro"
WP_20150729_003.jpg

G-13
WP_20150729_004.jpg

G-13
WP_20150729_005.jpg

Shiskaberry
WP_20150729_006.jpg

Shiskaberry
WP_20150729_007.jpg

"Williams"
WP_20150729_008.jpg

"Williams"
WP_20150729_009.jpg

"Bro"
WP_20150729_010.jpg

"Bro"
WP_20150729_011.jpg

"Bro" Mystery Pre-flowers
WP_20150729_012.jpg

WP_20150729_013.jpg

I'd sure appreciate a little love in the reply department...anybody out there?

Beauty and the Buds

Hi All,
I went ahead and juiced that male as promised, but don't worry, I made sure to take a few pics to document the process for you!
**Full disclosure, this is my first time juicing cannabis, but I have been watching/reading a lot about it, mostly on fellow 420 member Xbones' (we are not friends, yet...lol) journals.
Anywho, here are the goods:
WP_20150730_001.jpg

Getting set up! (if you don't have a sick juicer like me, you can use a magic bullet or other blender and strain it though a nylon, much more tedious though)
WP_20150730_003.jpg

I cut the male down and put it in water immediately to avoid letting it dry out, I wouldn't wait more than the few hours I did to juice, for this reason.
WP_20150730_005.jpg

Just incase you're worried I made a mistake...Balls (See top middle)
WP_20150730_0061.jpg

Definitely a dood (See Top Middle)
WP_20150730_0121.jpg

So, go ahead and remove every single leaf, cutting just above the end of the stem. A lil heads up, the leaf bits will go flying when you put them in the juicer; unlike anything I have ever juiced, the leaves were eaten in about a second! Also, the smell is incredibly strong...not that that's a bad thing for most of us :hippy: Good thing too, because I'm a night owl and always making noise that wakes up my husband, not this time hehe.
WP_20150731_009.jpg

A pretty measly harvast, but I expected this. This is only the first of probably many males, so I will add to this tray as I cull them out. It does give you guys an idea of how many leaves it would take to get a decent amount to drink for the medicinal benefits.

Things are much more spacious in the 4 x 4 since pulling that male. It's funny, since it was only in a 1 gal bucket, but it really does make moving the plants around the space for cleaning and pre-flower hunting so much easier! I think I'm going to wait until I get another male to do any cloning or graduting from the veg tent; I really think 9 is the perfect number! Although, ask me again in 6 weeks lol, I may retract that proclaimation.

Sorry there are no new pics from the 4 x 4; I'm going to go work on that now!

Cheers,
Beauty and the Buds

High BeautyndeBuds!

I'm amazed more peeps haven't wandered in here with all the effort you've put into this journal so far. You've really jumped in with both feet haven't you. :)

Your first pics of the plants you started inside showed they weren't getting enough light early on and got pretty spindly but your later ones show a lot of improvement. :bravo:

The outdoor ones are likely to do the best they can in such huge pots but for next season I'd have bushy 4 footers that had been topped a few times and were already 4 months old to transplant in there at the beginning of your grow season to best take advantage of all that root space. For now I'd put at least 5 of your smaller plants in each to use that space but that's just me.

I haven't done juicing of leaves myself but read that the male plants have good medicine in them too and most folks put a half dozen big leaves in with all the other stuff they are juicing to make a nice healthy drink. A masticating juicer that can handle stuff like sweet-grass are the preferred type of juicer. We have one of those Ninja blender type units and they suck compared to something like an Omega masticater but I don't have $300 to spare for one of those. lol

I'm getting my :popcorn: and sitting down to see how this plays out. :thumb:

L8r

High BeautyndeBuds!

I'm amazed more peeps haven't wandered in here with all the effort you've put into this journal so far. You've really jumped in with both feet haven't you. :)

Your first pics of the plants you started inside showed they weren't getting enough light early on and got pretty spindly but your later ones show a lot of improvement. :bravo:

The outdoor ones are likely to do the best they can in such huge pots but for next season I'd have bushy 4 footers that had been topped a few times and were already 4 months old to transplant in there at the beginning of your grow season to best take advantage of all that root space. For now I'd put at least 5 of your smaller plants in each to use that space but that's just me.

I haven't done juicing of leaves myself but read that the male plants have good medicine in them too and most folks put a half dozen big leaves in with all the other stuff they are juicing to make a nice healthy drink. A masticating juicer that can handle stuff like sweet-grass are the preferred type of juicer. We have one of those Ninja blender type units and they suck compared to something like an Omega masticater but I don't have $300 to spare for one of those. lol

I'm getting my :popcorn: and sitting down to see how this plays out. :thumb:

L8r

High OldMedUser!

Thank you :thanks: for the compliments and the constructive criticism, I really appreciate the feedback! I'm one of those "if you're gonna do it..." people.

My outdoor ones ARE pretty puny for those pots, I don't really understand why they're not growing more; I did start pretty late because I had to wait until July to be allowed to put any outside, but the ones that went into much smaller pots under the LEDs like a week later are much larger! We have had some erratic El Nino weather here, so I'm sure that hasn't helped, but it seems like an unusual discrepancy. And now we've got smoke hanging around, so they're really not happy... I would LOVE to take your advice and fill those babies, but unfortunately the law mandates that I limit my exploits to 4 plants; :angel: I'm trying to at least not fly flagrant and plant more than the limit in my backyard.

I'm thrilled to have you along for the ride, I'll do my best to keep the photos and updates coming regularly!

Peace and Love

Beauty and the Buds

High Folks!

I thought I would give you guys a better look at my setup tonight.

WP_20150803_037.jpg
WP_20150803_038.jpg

In my Apollo Horticulture 48"x48"x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing , I'm running 2 Advanced Platinum Series P300 300w 12-band LED Grow Light - DUAL VEG/FLOWER SPECTRUM :circle-of-love: that I have attached to Apollo Horticulture GLRP18 Pair of 1/8" Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger w/ Improved Metal Internal Gears, which are awesome btw! (It's inventions like that that make it possible for a 5'4" lady like myself to be empowered and capable of doing things on her own!)

WP_20150803_041.jpg
WP_20150803_040.jpg

I have the VenTech VT DF-6 DF6 Duct Fan, 240 CFM, 6" with the cooresponding aluminum ducting simply connecting my two tents. I was going to run half the ducting out from the fan that is in the 4 x 4, and use the other half to attach the tents via a separate port, but I decided to try just connecting the duct that was attached to the fan to the other tent and the air pressure puffed the veg tent out while sucking air in though the 4 x 4. It seems to be working great, the rooms tend to be within one degree of temperature and humidity from each other (altough I only have one moniter that I move between the tents so I can't be certain.) But I'd love to know if this is a terrible idea/setup for some reason and how I should correct it.

I don't have any filters, it's in my garage and the smell, although present in the garage (and laundry room if I leave the door open) is not bothersom yet. I also don't run any type of AC or cooling system, my Platinums have internal fans and don't get hot, so I just run a 22” Lasko 4000 Air Stik Ultra-Slim Oscillating Fan; my tents do occasionaly get up there, about 91 degrees or so, but those are days that are well over 100 and I’m just not willing to shell out for the AC. Usually they’re more like 76-84. My humidity has been low, but I’ve been leaving my watering cans in the tents and that has brought them up from 24%ish to 40%ish! I would love any tips on how to get it up in there w/o a humidifier. :confused: How important is it really that things be around 50-70% for vegging?

I have everything split between two outlets. One has a reset swich on it, which did flip once before (not sure for how long exactly, but I changed my whole light schedule because of it) I moved things around, but the other does not. I don't know if they are on the same breaker, but I suspect they are. This is probably the part that I understand least so far with this whole growing ordeal so I would SUPER APPRECIATE some feedback!

Peace,
Beauty and the Buds

Hey brother, Seat for one more?

I lack in the cannabis expertise department as I am on my first ever grow. Great effort and detail you've put into this journal so far. To me.. your plants look great! take that with a grain of salt. How'd that juiced up male plant taste?

Hey brother, Seat for one more?

I lack in the cannabis expertise department as I am on my first ever grow. Great effort and detail you've put into this journal so far. To me.. your plants look great! take that with a grain of salt. How'd that juiced up male plant taste?

Welcome Legalhydro,

The more the merrier, we can learn together! :thanks: for the compliment, grain of salt or no.

I hope things are growing well for your first adventure too; I'll stop by and check things out when I get a chance!

Not that it matters really, but I'm a sister btw, just fyi!

I have not yet had the pleasure of tasting my cannabis juice, as I got so little, I wanted to save it all until I could get enough to be worth while (about 2 full cubes.) I will definitely share my experience when I do, but that may be a little while, as I am a bit short in the male department...oh darn haha! More on that later...

Glad to have you along for the ride,

Beauty and the Buds

I didn't realize you had a 4 plant limit outside or is that supposed to be total?

Up here in Canukistan 6 - 199 can get you 6 months in the grey-bar hotel for first offense. I wanna do some breeding so if I'm over 6 I might as well aim for 199 LOL. In the backwater burg I inhabit they'd bust you for one.

You got a nice setup going on there. My grow is so ghetto it's trailer-trashy but then we live in a mobile so it suits. On 7.5 acres with huge shop and office attached tho so have lots of room to fill with our hoarder crap. :rofl:

A simple/cheap way to get the RH up is to hang a t-towel up so one end is in a pan of water and it keeps wet by wicking it up and the regular movement of air in the cab will evaporate the heck out of it. A face cloth would probably be enough. If the exhaust fan is going all the time it won't stay long tho. Worth a try I think.
L8r

OldMedUser,

It's a total, LOL SHHHH! Interesting, I was unaware of what your rules were up north...

:thanks:

Nice, sounds plenty to private to go rogue.

The tea towel idea sounds like it will work great, thank you!! :Namaste:

TTYL
Beauty and the Buds

Okay Guys, It's picture time!!!!

I have THRILLING news from the 4 x 4 to report, I am the proud mama of 8 gorgeous girls!! That's right, 8 out of 10 females from bag seeds!! :goof: There is still one G-13 who has yet to show for sure, but one visible pre-flower sure looks like that duck bill female shape...

WP_20150801_002.jpg
WP_20150801_0121.jpg

Both my "Williams" Both Girls!!
WP_20150801_016.jpg

Check out the giant fan leaves!! I'd say these babies are Sativas!:thumb: Which is awesome, because I'm Indica heavy.
WP_20150801_017.jpg

"Williams" Sativa
WP_20150801_019.jpg

"Williams" Sativa
WP_20150801_020.jpg

"Williams" Sativa
WP_20150801_0291.jpg

"Williams" Sativa
WP_20150803_001.jpg

G-13
WP_20150803_002.jpg

g-13
WP_20150803_007.jpg

G-13
WP_20150803_008.jpg

2nd G-13
WP_20150803_009.jpg

2nd G-13
WP_20150803_016.jpg

2nd G-13
WP_20150803_017.jpg

WP_20150803_017.jpg

A pair of sexy G-13 ladies
WP_20150803_019.jpg

Shiskaberry
WP_20150803_021.jpg

Shiskaberry
WP_20150803_027.jpg

Shiskaberry
WP_20150803_029.jpg

(Left-right) Mystery sex G-13, Bro (first to pre-flower,) and Shiskaberry
WP_20150803_031.jpg
WP_20150803_034.jpg

These images were taken the night before last. I just took a few new ones, I'll try and get those up for you guys tomorrow! I've been so busy binge reading everyone elses journals trying to catch up that I'm having trouble keeping up on my own lol!

Happy Growing,

Beauty and the Buds

What do you use to take your pics?

My little Nikon CoolPix 10MP digicam died. It had a nice manual white balance setting. I'd just put a sheet of paper under the lights to aim at to set it with and the plants looked like they were under the sun no matter what lights I was using on them. Now I'm stuck with the wife's older Sony and it doesn't have that.

Folks with smart phones need to make sure the location setting for their cameras is turned off or the GPS location where the picture is taken is buried in the EXIF data file imbedded in the JPG pictures. It looks like the wise fellows at 420 strip that data from pics uploaded here. I've checked a few pics from here mad with phones and there is no data for the EXIF reader to display. I doubt very much that social media sites clear that data so be careful posting your grow pics anywhere else.

L8rz

OldMedUser,

I use my Nokia Lumia Smart phone so yes, thank goodness they're on top of it here; the thought never crossed my mind! It's the best camera I have at the moment, although I have considered taking a video with my flip cam, thoughts? I am not what you would call "tech savy," it's all I can do to get pictures up on here and sub to people's journals lol.

Thank you for the heads up, luckily I have no intention of posting anywhere else, this is a fine outlet for me, and I prefer to stay mysterious...

Peace,
BeautyndeBuds

High Folks,

Here are the shots I took last night...
WP_20150805_001.jpg

The first to show her sex, this "bro" is the first to begin developing a bud!!
WP_20150805_004.jpg
WP_20150805_007.jpg

Things are also going well in the Mom/veg tent, I have plans to do some clones to sex these babies out when I get a chance; I'm still debating whether I should "restart" them completely as new clones, or at least the ones with weak stems. But either way, they are out-growing their little 4" containers so I have begun transplaning into 1 gal or slightly smaller for now. The one under the jar in there is an "accidental clone." One of the branches on a Shiskaberry the got caught on another plant when I was moving them around to water (things are extremely crowded in there) and broke off :oops:. I decided to immediately place it in water, then peeled off the bottom two leaves to expose some skin, replaced in water, trimmed fan leaves, and covered with a jar that I'm misting periodically. I did not pull out the clonex or razor blade intentionally as I have read a lot of conflicting opinions about the cloning process and I wanted to experiment by putting minimal effort in to see how worth it my Oasis cubes, Ph up down kit, and Clonex really are as I plan to do a lot of cloning in the future. We shall see how it goes, but so far so good, the leaves are doing great and it looks like roots are starting to form! If it survives, I will use it to sex that plant.
And more from today, sorry they're so bright, I took them at like 12:30...
WP_20150805_013.jpg

Sad news, one of the outdoor babies went down day before yesterday. :rip:
WP_20150805_014.jpg

It doesn't quite look like it was the heat, there was still a lot of moisture in the leaves when it died. There has been a lot of smoke lately so my outdoor babes are not getting adequate sun; today was the best day in like a week. This plant has always been the straggler of the four, despite the fact that the 2 female indoor "williams" are total Babes, so perhaps there was a genetic problem with this plant to begin with...who knows. Anyway, not a major loss as I have many backups to replace it with. I'm actually thinking of putting out my weakest "williams" as I have 2 real beauties with multiple tops that I'm keeping in veg as potential mothers to be sexed when I start cloning, and am out of "Williams" seeds and won't be able to get anymore, so I don't want to risk taking a good one and end up with a male and no mother. I also hesitate to put out either of my indoor lovelies, as all the 4 x 4 babies are doing SOOO much better than the outdoor ones and I would hate to stunt the progress of a perfectly happy plant. I have already begun 12/12 on the weakling because it simply is not mother material, and I figue it could produce one little cola if it's fem, so why not just get it out of the way! Thoughts anyone?
WP_20150805_015.jpg
WP_20150805_016.jpg
WP_20150805_017.jpg

My remaining three are starting to pick up, although they really don't hold a candle to their LED counterparts. I know they were started late, but it still seems bizarre to me. "Bro" (upper Left corner) is still showing preflowers w/o any hairs, they certainly look female, but I'm too new to feel comfortable to call it until I see some white. No preflowers on the other two yet; it's slow going out there. Just think how depressed I would be if I had only done the 4 outsiders that I origionally planned!! Sometimes there are silver-linings to mistakes, like over-germination lol; I certainly lean towards the "always be prepared" side of things, and for good reason this time!

Peace, Love, and Buds to ALL,

BeautyndeBuds

Subscribed BeautyndeBuds, You are rocking your first grow...........just outstanding. I will enjoy this very much. :high-five:

You mentioned learning on blogs.......please check out mine, I tried to put in the best of the best info from around this magazine. Hope it helps. :Namaste:

You also mentioned on another journal you are reading SweetSues journal, she's a great grower and a great person. Please check out another great diy grower "Cannafan" Super cool Dudette. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And one more thing.......I LOVE YOUR RED ROCKS!!!!!!! :love:

I forgot to give you your ++reps. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom