Brick Pops His Cherry - CFL

zBRiCKz

Hello everyone!

Thanks for stopping by my journal today, this will be my first ever grow of the wonderful cannabis plant! I'm very excited to get going and am open to all advice.

My seeds have arrived to my city, they should be here tomorrow and I will begin the germination process with pictures! That's right ladies and gentleman, full grow journal! Seed to smoke report! Gonna be a long one!

Okay let's get down to business!

Strain - Shoreline by The Devils Harvest
Sativa/indica - 40/60
THC - High

Medium - 70% Fox Farm Ocean Forest, 30% perlite
Nutrients - FF Grow big/Tiger bloom
Lighting - CFL 1x125w 6400k 2x14w 5000k 2x23w 2700k (replacing 14w with 23w for flowering)
Grow space - Small Closet (22"x42"x62")
Exhaust - 4" inline fan with 4" carbon filter (venting into attic through 4" ducting)

If there's any other info I should add, let me know. I haven't actually started the grow yet so I don't have all details lol.

Seeds should be arriving tomorrow!! :)

Will update with photos tomorrow asap!!

Come join the fun for this one!

Brick

Gonna join in and get me some more knowledge. Thanks for the journal.

Day 1 - the beginning

Okay guys, got my seeds in the mail. I've decided to grow "shoreline" and "DJs Gold". I only had 1 seed of each since they were freebies. Pretty sure they're both fem at least I hope so haha. Beginners luck be with me!!

image30550.jpg

image30549.jpg

Don't mind the sloppiness of the wires lol they'll be out of the way when it's time. I put the seeds in here in hopes that the light would keep the temp around 85 or so. It's only higher right now cause I had them all on. Gonna check them tonight before I head home and then tomorrow after work. Hopefully we'll have some taproots in 24 hours!

Getting excited... Glad your beans arrived safe and sound. Setup looks great.

Finishing up at work. I get off in a couple hours. Seeds should be germinated by now.

We are growing Devils Harvest Shoreline and DNA genetics DJs Gold. The gold is a new strain as of around March 2015. This should be the first ever journal that includes it.

Tell your buddies! This will be a good one!

Thanks man , i've been thinking of doing a grow but sometimes it just feels overwhelming. i think i will watch and see how things go with you and maybe give it a shot myself. good luck

Thanks man , i've been thinking of doing a grow but sometimes it just feels overwhelming. i think i will watch and see how things go with you and maybe give it a shot myself. good luck

Awesome man, thanks for watching. Hopefully you'll learn with me!

We'll get some sweet buds going!

Day 2

Okay, so I got to the house and checked my seeds. Sadly the paper towel nearly dried out on me, it barely had any moisture left. As a result, no full blown tap roots yet.

The DJs Gold cracked open and had a tiny root showing, the shoreline only slightly cracked. I moistened up my soil some and went ahead and planted them both. They're now under a humidity dome to preserve some moisture. Hopefully they'll break through in a couple days.

Only two questions I can think of right now....

How often should I "burp" the humidity dome, if at all?

Is it okay to have the lights on the dome like I have them? (See below)

image30613.jpg

Don't really need a dome for seeds in soil. They need some fresh air and plenty of light.

Okay so I Got two more seeds started whenever I planted those two just in case they failed on me.

The other two I started was an autoflower OG Kush and a nirvana White Castle feminized.

They are both now in soil and next to the other two as of last night. I was more careful and precise with these.

I went over this morning before work to check the soil moisture and decided to moisten it just a bit. I noticed that the DJs Gold has broken soil. Just a tiny little half inch or so of a stem wearing a cracked seed as a hat . I left the shell on it for today. If it hasn't popped off this evening then I may remove it tonight.

I didn't take any photos this morning because I was in a rush and figured I'd let the ladies poke out some more :)

Picture updates tonight!

Day 5 morning

Okay so I ran over to the house before work and noticed we have another little angel popping out! But she's looking a little droopy, not sure if she's just uncomfortable with the soil or i may have overwatered a bit.

These are the Shoreline
image30735.jpg

image30736.jpg

And this is the DJs Gold, she had some shell stuck to her holding her shut. I removed it and noticed a little film like shell residue that was still holding her leaves. I was able to get it off with a toothpick, just hoping she'll bounce back and open up.

image30737.jpg

Day 6 morning

Hey guys, back with an update. We have 4 babies showing some leaf! That's right, all four seeds popped!

Without further ado, let me introduce you to the family!

Group selfie!
image30817.jpg

Shoreline - she finally decided to pop out and say hello! She's looking a bit uncomfortable with all the movement early in life. Her grower just couldn't contain his excitement. But she's definitely improved tenfold since yesterday.
image30819.jpg

DJs Gold - not much to say about this lady, she's looking great! Her first true leaves are looking marvelous up close. Very thick and green.
image30820.jpg

Nirvana White Castle - this little cutie showed herself before her sister. She's looking great too! Only day 5 for her and the next.
image30821.jpg

OG Kush Autoflower - the last of the 4 to pop up but healthy nonetheless. She's ok day 5 with the WC.
image30822.jpg

All in all they're coming along smoothly, can't wait to see how great they look in a few weeks!

Day 6 & 7 (WC and OG kush are a day behind)

Back for an update! I slowed down on the water and got more patient, as a result the plants definitely appreciate it!

Here's the shoreline and DJs Gold, shoreline in the front. The shoreline caught up to the DJs gold and even surpassed her. Both are looking great though!

image31046.jpg

Here's the White Castle and OG kush Autoflower. They're a day behind the other 2 plants. A bit smaller but they're looking great, the WC has some very fat leaves, the OG kush is definitely the thinnest leaves of the 4 showing its sativa traits.

image31047.jpg

And here's a close up of the shoreline, the biggest of the 4..

image31048.jpg

Back
Top Bottom