My Grow In New Closet

closetorganic

I've missed sharing on :420: since I had a quick shut down of my old grow to pass a final lease inspection of trailor to buy a bigger one in same community.
It was a a great move for our family I owe my wife so much for making happen.
Now I dont have home inspections of furnace filiters and smoke detectors 2 times a year I managed to grow through and I can make holes in walls now :laugh:
No pictures forthis story.
I had 2 clones in solo cups ,1 pure kush and 1 purple haze x malawi and 2 more clones in bigger pots , 1 jack herer and 1 blue cheese vegging 18/6 under my T5 in old grow. They went into tied up garbage bags in my mini van for 6 days:yikes:
The JackHerer clone was alone and I had noticed leaves poking out once from a loose tied end and tucked them back in,The other 3 were sealed up tight in another bag.I was gonna compost these and start new with seeds.
This sixth day night I went and got them to open up inside. I was amazed and experienced the power of organic soil.The Jack was straight ,like some growth stretch but no pre flower pistils and dry looking.Then the Blue cheese and company were soaking wet from trapped transpiration and there was white fuzz all over the Cheese soil surface. the clones in solos looked worst but I set them in new closet on shelf and turned the light on, an incadesant bulb inside a globe cover.Next day all looking alive and second day I set them on floor and hang some cfl bulbs above on 18/6 hours.
Some leaves perished on them all and a couple new shoots on the bigger ones but all lived and I was in a better postion than starting with seeds now
My plants took off without a grow space set up.I was going to be out of medicine in time and started thinking clones and flowering had to happen by August first to start a perpetual grow. I took cuttings to have one full week before I flipped and they were all looking good,a couple showing roots 7 days after. I flipped to 11/13 hours on 8/1/15 and hung my 2 -96x3w reflectors in a un set up space.Clones went to bathroom with a 2 cfls.
I had to build a veg and flower space in this closet fast now. I finally got some pictures 7 days into flower and a a couple more recently.To this day I am still not complete but close by running a vegging space over my flower space in the Master closet
Here are some recent pictures before giving better details and measurements
0061829.JPG

daves_005100.JPG

daves_001118.JPG

jack herer clone a long time friend of mine I was happy to save
daves_00775.JPG

My new favorite now Blue Cheese clone
daves_00868.JPG

a pure kush clone I only was only able to try at 5 weeks into flower so far
daves_00969.JPG

a 4 month flowering sativa I was only able to try at 6 weeks into flower
daves_01077.JPG

They were my furthest in flower and I was too gutted to compost them.Actually ending up better than expected after dried and good enough to push again.
Thankyou good people of :420: for checking out My new grow .All ideas and comments are welcome here.

Haha I know how it is bro, scheduling your whole grow around rental inspections.... There are definitely less stressful things we could be doing.. :p
Looks Good in the cupboard though.
Love seeing growers do what they can with what they can. Good luck Bro!

Welcome back :ciao: :volcano-smiley:

Thankyou for the welcome Lester Freeman I am set out to capture some 21 day flower pictures now and add some clones for another perpetual grow.
As a matter of fact I am also going to use a tip I learned catching up on yours of pre wetting a dry pot with plain water before adding a nutrient solution to help prevent nutrient burns:thumb:

Haha I know how it is bro, scheduling your whole grow around rental inspections.... There are definitely less stressful things we could be doing.. :p
Looks Good in the cupboard though.
Love seeing growers do what they can with what they can. Good luck Bro!

Thankyou Munster for stopping by and your compliment on my grow.
I checked out that sweet Trainwreck harvest you had :jawdropper:
Something of that wieght figured but looking heavier than may be obtained from all 4 of mine flowering added together if Im lucky:Namaste:

My nutrient solution was watered in made of 2 teaspoon of epsom salt dissolved in one gallon of water from this advice in my old journal from KingJohnC but ,Now rereading this could be for foliar.:hmmmm:
You can foliar feed Epsom Salts at 2.5-5 millilitres per gallon. Epsom Salts can be used at 1-2 teaspoon per gallon to treat a deficiency. Some people have reported nutrient burns when using a higher dosage of Epsom Salts with a nutrient mixture.

Finally these pictures I took.
18/6 light hours for veg and 11/13 hours for flower both turning on at 9pm with flower ending 8am and the veg lights off at 3pm
These pictures in flower are at start of day 21 of these 11/13 hours I chose for less electricity cost and faster flowering for me over 12/12
I had already raised both lights again for a final resting spot I hope
daves_002105.JPG

daves_00393.JPG

I went to pull a new sprout from the sativa pot thinking tomato or pepper from compost
daves_001120.JPG

I was wrong :rip: young one:laughtwo:
and here are my clones in the upper vegging apartment with 2 Blue Cheese and one Jack in those bags they were just up potted from solo cup comtainors only 3 days ago and getting flipped tonight
and one each of my 5 strains I am growing now in those pots.
daves_004106.JPG

SO 4 I started and saved from my last grow and one was given from friends,an Amnesia Haze clone just recently.Here was some healthy roots when I transplanted to see:)
daves_01645.JPG

It was a first successful clone off a seed they sprouted and are flowering now.It was a freebie from Herbies on an order we split and is looking amazing in that cfl grow with resin covering so much including bigger fans.:bravo::welldone:
Ok here is my full sativa purple haze x malawi clone at 21 days flower
daves_00970.JPG

daves_01270.JPG

daves_02136.JPG

The BC at Flower day 21 I had tied up a few days ago not to support now but to keep standing further in flower,They always flop on me near end and I tend to pull early for
daves_01646.JPG

daves_01460.JPG

daves_01938.JPG

daves_02036.JPG

A JH clone at 21 days flower
daves_02326.JPG

daves_005101.JPG

daves_00683.JPG

and then a pure kush clone at 21 days of flower
daves_02434.JPG

daves_02522.JPG

They must mean 2.5-5 grams of salts to a gallon for foliar and the other for adding to the soil to treat a real deficiency. A tsp is 5mls or would be about 5g of the dry salts. As all the major nutes are salts, epsom salts add to the load so if you are high on your nutes it might push your plant to burn.

People that use tap water should get a water analysis report from their provider to find out if they should be using it at all for their plants. Most tap water has enough Ca and Mg that adding more is redundant and can lead to toxicity. Should be flushing every month if the ppm of the tap water is over 200 to prevent nute lock outs, whacky pH and toxic salts buildup.

You got some nice little budz happening there! :thumb:

L8r

If using RO water like I do then some CalMag is in order as RO has nothing in it at all if it's good.

Now the newbies I put in I believe being 2 BC clones and one JH clone. Only because when I took cuttings I didnt label and just a guess I am confident in from previous growing of them
daves_0367.JPG

daves_0377.JPG

I will shim them up closer to lights soon and let them go single mains this run.I feel this is max on plants for light available too which sucks on my perpetual plan with first harvest at best 4 weeks but more like 5 to get 8 in on the BC.Maybe the Pure Kush will be faster due to breeder description.I have never fully finished one and I doubt it tho
This sets up the veg space like this now,all were topped as long as a weeks ago
daves_0359.JPG

Here is that Amnesia Haze possibly a 12 weeker and more sativa in description
daves_03022.JPG

and my a best looking Blue Cheese to clone from maybe a few times we will see on
daves_03114.JPG

A Jack Herer clone looking of mother qualities
daves_02924.JPG

and that purple haze x malawi full sativa and one that is not great for numbers for me but I hope she lets me feel what a sativa is some day
daves_03211.JPG

The Pure kush was slow to root and almost didnt make it.I hope this one is worthy too because 5 strains in rotation is hard on numbers in my perpetual goal I aim for
daves_0338.JPG

Thats it tonight for me and I hope to keep this journal active with weekly picture updates at minimum. It is fairly easy to grow my plants I made it or am lucky to have being succesful to me. It has lot to do with lazy care and mostly low budget I work with.Base soil is years old and just plain tap water with out caring about ph. The Epsom salt is an experiment and some thing Im not familiar with and may be the wrong deficiency fix.
Thanks for checking out my grow friends:peace:

They must mean 2.5-5 grams of salts to a gallon for foliar and the other for adding to the soil to treat a real deficiency. A tsp is 5mls or would be about 5g of the dry salts. As all the major nutes are salts, epsom salts add to the load so if you are high on your nutes it might push your plant to burn.

People that use tap water should get a water analysis report from their provider to find out if they should be using it at all for their plants. Most tap water has enough Ca and Mg that adding more is redundant and can lead to toxicity. Should be flushing every month if the ppm of the tap water is over 200 to prevent nute lock outs, whacky pH and toxic salts buildup.

You got some nice little budz happening there! :thumb:

L8r

If using RO water like I do then some CalMag is in order as RO has nothing in it at all if it's good.

I appreciate your advice OldMedUser.:thanks:
I do use tap water that sits out at least 24 hours and have heard similar to that but more for having calcium I thought.
And I have taken my family off drinking it too, we have a water dispenser I fill jugs from an under ground spring that was famous to celebs I heard back in the day and sold straight from ground at 5o cents a gallon.
I
My concern wasnt bad looking and could be signs of other problems , I am hoping to not burn them.I also dont use any other liquid nutrients . Actually only these at transplants and when I recycle or compost a used batch of mix going on many grows now.:bigblush:
daves_00869.JPG

I mulch them with this homemade outdoor sifted compost full of life
daves_01547.JPG

and also with these fresh earth worm castings from our indoor homemade worm bin using gifted composting worms
daves_001119.JPG

I would have to say my mix is probably just perlite and compost by now.
I split a gal of un ph adjusted tap water on the 4 in flower every other day lately.Thanks again for the advice and encouragment:high-five:

:welcome: and Thankyou b.real :passitleft: <<<just a roach joint now with out enough to make it to September:(
This grow space is a bit bigger than my last one and more square shaped over rectangular.I cut out my T5 since it cant fit and will veg with CFLs which I am loving so far and making my grow use less electricity too now. Other than that I will be growing the same ways:scratchinghead:

I still have to set up my carbon filter and fan and hang some panda film to seal up my space better and take care of the odor going on now. I realized my grow is running off a 15amp circuit that powers way too much other stuff in our house and tripped once when I was vacuuming while everything in grow was on without the filterfan. I now feel it is important to run a direct circuit for the grow only and that is going to happen soon especially since my friend let me borrow this meter to see if a 15 amp is fine. I plan on testing how many watts Im drawing from my fans and lights too :thumb::thanks:

I was able to see what Im drawing in watts up in the veg space with my 8 CFL bulbs.
daves_002106.JPG

That was at the beginning and than started to float steady between 159-160 watts.maybe its how they are and needing to charge up first?? Its less than my T5 drew having 4 -54 watt bulbs so that was cool.I dont have a fan up there and plan to direct the cleaned air from filterfan blowing through the veg space for movement.
I am going to grow these 5 strains short and for clones but not keep them as moms due to numbers.It will be take cuttings from them and flower them after.

My grow space is surrounded by 3 closet walls and a plywood wall having an upper door for vegging and a lower door for flower.
The whole space is 3'1"D x 3'8"W and closet ceiling is on angle with lowest point at door side being 7'11" and rising to 8'3"
A shelf supports the upper vegging flat with my cfls hanging 22" from shelf.Thats what I will work with vegging plants out that is doable with my style of LSTing and could get a bit higher if needed but the flower space is nearly at peak with the lights at 43" and 46.5" right now from plywood floor. I wonder if I have enough light to flower the space too.My last grow was about 2 foot by 4 foot by 5 foot high and now about same hieght but a little more area being bigger.Its just the way I have to hang the lights and the shorter distance from tops they are at making footprint smaller.
Anyways I have to harvest a couple grows to help me dial in the space better

daves_00684.JPG

daves_005102.JPG

I think you should try to keep your lights closer to your plants as they seem a little stretched out to me. A couple inches or even closer works better. I grow mine in veg with CFLs and they come up nice and bushy. Once in a while I might scorch a leaf tip but that's just a cosmetic thing and won't matter when the plant is bigger.

Is the soil and stuff you have in that picture all you have going right now? If so you should get something high in potassium, K, for flowering. Preferably with no P in it as your bat poop has nothing but that and pot likes more K than P for better flower production. I used ProMix Organic Vegetable and Herb mix by itself to veg some plants and they grew great. When the bottom leaves showed a hint of yellow I just put them in slightly larger pots and they perked right up and took off again. The only thing I added to it was perlite and RO water. A little unsulfered molasses will feed the beneficials in your Mykos and help them multiply and feed your plant. A Tbsp/gal is all it takes.

If you get a dedicated 15A circuit in there you'll have more than enough to take care of that grow and no more blown breakers. :)

L8r

I think you should try to keep your lights closer to your plants as they seem a little stretched out to me. A couple inches or even closer works better. I grow mine in veg with CFLs and they come up nice and bushy. Once in a while I might scorch a leaf tip but that's just a cosmetic thing and won't matter when the plant is bigger.

Is the soil and stuff you have in that picture all you have going right now? If so you should get something high in potassium, K, for flowering. Preferably with no P in it as your bat poop has nothing but that and pot likes more K than P for better flower production. I used ProMix Organic Vegetable and Herb mix by itself to veg some plants and they grew great. When the bottom leaves showed a hint of yellow I just put them in slightly larger pots and they perked right up and took off again. The only thing I added to it was perlite and RO water. A little unsulfered molasses will feed the beneficials in your Mykos and help them multiply and feed your plant. A Tbsp/gal is all it takes.

If you get a dedicated 15A circuit in there you'll have more than enough to take care of that grow and no more blown breakers. :)

L8r

Sorry for replying so late OldMedUser and I appreciate the advice you have given me.
I would have to prop up plants a bit closer up there in the cfl veg to get closer in this new set up I am trying to learn. At my old house I would root cuttings under the cfls and veg under my T5 I can no longer fit into the grow now.They had been topped and seem to be bushing out and growing decent shoots for me to clone and get a perpetual going. That task is getting closer to a much needed harvest over here. I do have to work with a small area and my plans are to get clones of the strains I want to throw in next and up pot those young moms to set up to flower.

Those are my main fertilizers in that picture with the guano being a new addition. My soil mix has been growing for a long time and is a "craft" I couldnt redo and am still brewing :)
The tomato and vegetable fertilizer is only 2-5-3 and only what I ran before. I just hope the composts I have no clue of value fills in the gaps in between.I think that was too high in Nitrogen for this full sativa I am also first timing and the breeder(Ace seeds) said to keep low N and add guano.That was my main reason to get that 0-7-0 guano to add only for that into the recycled mix with compost mulches.
I use to have some greensand I think was higher in K. I may get that or find another ammendment someday to up the K.
I also found out with that meter my friends let me borrow I could easily get away with a dedicated 15amp circuit like you said, actually I could set up a second veg and flower space the same as current one too off it.
Thanks again OldMedUser :thumb:

Here are some pictures I have been busy and forgetting to post.
I finally finished my grow spaces and will start out with the upper vegging plants first.I kept the outlet strips for the grow up here for the lighted switches and have the exhaust moving air up here.there is no ceiling to over heat them
daves_0444.JPG

pure kush clone, I am still unsure of this strain and will not clone until I harvest its mom, not big enough for me anyways but if I dont like so much I do have master kush seeds I will sprout to replace
daves_01079.JPG

purple haze x malawi full sativa clone ,hopefully I take her mom to maturity and enjoy because its a long time space and plant number.Making me delay clones too. probably will have to bonsai
daves_00971.JPG

Blue Cheese clone I had topped thinking it was going to be flowered but a sister clone looked way better.Nice shoots for cuttings to take and then I will tie her over to get the leftovers more equal in hieght. SHould be taking cuttings soon from her and then up pot to set up for next round
daves_00777.JPG

Amnesia Haze clone from my friends. I want to flower but I need to have a clone ready for them in 4 and a half weeks.I am not confident on getting that from a new clone now so I will wait 3 more weeks to take cuttings for them.
daves_00685.JPG

and I forgot my jack herer clone picture which is a long time strain friend I always enjoy the benifits of
Then heres the lower flower chamber:) I adjusted the lights again to suit plants better I belive
daves_0454.JPG

I pull down a cfl unit and power leds off for easier viewing
daves_01158.JPG

All plants were at 29 days flowering with 11/13 hours except the 3 clones in bags that are only at 8 days flower
This is how I raised those ones.The 2 on the left side are Blue Cheese clones and the higher one a jack herer clone all of which I am liking so far in these bags.
daves_0339.JPG

Its seems I havent loaded the better pictures of the flowering plants to 420.
SOmething for tomorrow then.
Thanks for checking out my grow good people of :420:

to finish out some photos of flower day 29.
my PHxM sativa
daves_0407.JPG
daves_0434.JPG

my JH I looked at after OMU had commented about transplanting plants to new soil to green up and think I shoulda done that before I flowered them. Between the BC and this one I just revived them in same vegging pots and flipped them,The BC is looking better I may have done something before the old grow tear down.Its faded up top and not looking like a Nitrogen deficiency since the lowers are greener.The epsom salt feed didnt really do anything for help or harm and with a likely chop around september 25 I will just plain water to finish.
daves_02327.JPG

daves_01939.JPG

daves_02327.JPG

daves_01840.JPG

Pure Kush topped to take clones from now having 2 main branches.It was suppose to flower fast but
daves_01647.JPG

daves_01740.JPG

daves_01647.JPG

Blue Cheese this one showed effects of changes to flowering and revegging back when I had them bagged up,I think, having 3 lobed leaves.When I took cuttings from it some looked normal and some kept the 3 leaflets you can see in the young ones in flower in the bags
daves_02138.JPG

daves_01548.JPG

daves_01365.JPG

daves_01461.JPG

2 BC on left middle and JH on right in the bags 8 days into flowering 11/13 hours
daves_03212.JPG

BC
daves_0379.JPG

BC
daves_03511.JPG

JH
daves_03411.JPG

I have 4 clones I put outside also a mix of the JH and BC back going on about 2 weeks.There was no hardening off them just right out with one initial water and no fertilizer.They are in some old organic garden beds and when checking them out yesterday were doing great as far as no bug destruction just reaching for sun and have begun to flower.They will be small and out of site I hope being in the same area I had a large plant stolen from a few years ago.The next attempt after that was weedwacked by city when they cut the lawn that was overgrown:( ,I will maintain the yard better for sure,It was smaller and near finish the leftover was recovered by my friends afterwards before I invesatigated.It sure smelled good in that area then:)
I dont have pictures yet and want to take and show as 2 sit against a tomatillo patch that reseeded from last years planting along with lots of chamomile plants and raspberries growing wild now from rain and me weeding weeds only. We plan to move our trailor we just mortgaged there after a couple years. I really feel its a reasonable goal and will benifit our family even more... and give me other bigger cannabis oppurtunities.From closet to garage:)

I disconnected an outlet from bedroom behind my dresser to feed my grow on other side of wall and added a 15amp gfc outlet in the beginning.I still want to run a dedicated line for it but after measuring watts and amps and hooking up all my equipment there has been no problems yet.:wood:
daves_02523.JPG

Everything runs from the orange extension wire and the black one is for a small 4 inch duct fan with a short cord thats running 24/7 now and because of that forcing me to run the air scrubber 24/7 too,another plan for a longer cord and to cut some hours off them both if possible.
daves_02925.JPG
daves_02720.JPG

Looking at the watts for the whole grow running on orange cord cant be possible Im noticing,only 285 watts.With the vegging area at 163 with 8 CFL bulbs I just realized I forgot to turn back on the 2 LED's :tokin:
Here is a measure of them running and 2 small fans at 379watts off the timer.
daves_001121.JPG

the 4"duct fan pushing in fresh air only pulls 14watts
daves_02720.JPG

and my air scrubber fan was also measured before install at an shocking to me below 100 watt draw I cant remember now or see in photo
daves_01080.JPG

Now that all adds up here to
lets say 100 watt scrubber fan for anyway 100
8 CFL vegging lights 163
2 96x3w LED's and 2 small wind fans 379
4" duct fan for major air intake 14
--------
Thats with everything running at once which is for 11 hours a day and then only 277 watts running for 7 hours afterwards down to 114 watts the last 6 hours.I am very happy with these findings and can only imagine when I use to have a 400 watt magnetic HID ballast ,then upgraded to 600 watt digital HID ballast before "upgrading to low budget LED'S".When using the 600 and vegging with my T5 over 200watts and fans I was drawing over a 1000 watts I would guess for my personal medical growing of cannabis.Even though my current grow is not my better under the Leds now I am very happy with my success and I give most of the credit to this awesome site and its great people. I should be doing a little better each round of perpetual here out :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom