600 3W LEDs - Space Queen/Strawberry Cough/Special Kush/White Widow/Big Bud - Soil

stoopingcrane

:Namaste: This will be my first journal, Day 1 of flowering my third grow. Welcome in advance to those who show up. I am still a relative neophyte so all suggestions are welcome and will be scrutinized for emperical evidence to back up claims. The plants involved are 2 Space Queens (clones), 2 Strawberry Coughs (clones) , 1 White WidowxBB mix (seed) , 1 Special Kush #1 (seed). They are all in 5 gal fabric pots with an organic soil mix. T5's were used for vegging. For flowering I have 6 Plantinum p300s. Canopy temp avg is 78.2 and RH is 50% which i am going to start lowering gradually to around 33% during flowering. AC and dehumidifiers are plumbed into the room as well as filtered air in and out at about 500cfm, (taking into account the filters drop) . I will be measuring Brix at a weekly rate throughout the process. I measure and adjust Ph before watering. I water as needed and am using half strength Fox Farms bloom and toward the end beastie bloomz. I also am supplelmenting with Cal-Mag and Silica Blast. Here is the ladies on day one of flowering CHEERS!!

flower3_4.jpg

Again, i thank all who stop by:Namaste: and I am hoping to learn even more then I have reading every one elses journals for the past 7 months.

Great start, Love the lights ;)

Love SCROGs. Good luck I'm along for the ride....

Hello MMM, i was hoping to see you here. I have a question already for you and didnt want to hijack your threads to do it . This is a picture 4 days into flowering. I defoliated 13 days before the 12/12 flip and have and immense amount of new growth and flower sites. Some of my 3.25" x 3.25" squares have up to 6 bud sites in them.

screen2_1.jpg

I was reading you shouldnt do the second defoilment until 32-35 days into flowering. My question is this, should I clean this up to have much fewer flower sites per 3.25"x3.25" square now.....or do I wait for the stretch to finish? Thanks in advance for your time.

Here is a better picture of the situation

day5closeupscrn2SQ.jpg

Here is day 5 flower whole room photo update

day5wholeroom.jpg

23mm growth overnight on some parts, much higher water consumption then previous grows, i am thinking thats a good thing for the plants. I am taking my first brix reading tomorrow. I plan on moving to making my own organic teas for my next grow but am leaning heavily on Fox Farm while I try and manage all the other facets of indoor growing. :Namaste:

Hello MMM, i was hoping to see you here. I have a question already for you and didnt want to hijack your threads to do it . This is a picture 4 days into flowering. I defoliated 13 days before the 12/12 flip and have and immense amount of new growth and flower sites. Some of my 3.25" x 3.25" squares have up to 6 bud sites in them.

screen2_1.jpg

I was reading you shouldnt do the second defoilment until 32-35 days into flowering. My question is this, should I clean this up to have much fewer flower sites per 3.25"x3.25" square now.....or do I wait for the stretch to finish? Thanks in advance for your time.

Personally, I'd wait. I just did a whole greenhouse of mine last night, about a week into flower. I really didn't want to, but due to family stuff they were neglected for a week. .

I'd wait, you may slow the stretch by doing it now, but you will also cause some stress.

I'd wait. I have the luxury of these being outside and I think that'll cover me, but I typically wait till the stretch is over to give them a good trim.

Happy to be here, I'll learn and share what I know.

You've got a great start.....

Welcome Happy and Jose, thanks for stopping by and thanks for the reply MMM. My response is "what about a slow and steady defoilment. Maybe 2-4 leaves and one node per plant per day?" . Nothing to exciting, good growth, good temps, slight soil gnat problem. This is how I deal with pest

organic_pest_control.jpg

Walk on crushed shells and die BUGGERS. Its not a big deal, i seem to deal with them no matter whom I procure the soil from. A couple of weeks of diatom earth and one change of yellow stickies and they seem to stop. I take the top two inches of soil off and then make a heavy diatom earth and soil mix to replace it. Then after each watering I take and powder the tops of the soil. Other suggestion for methods of control I welcome as well.

The obligatory whole room day seven shot.

wholeroom8_26.jpg

My first brix reading will take place today, results to follow.
Now for a bit of off topic

I love taking pictures of my outside sourd twins in the morning light. End of week 4 on a 10 week strain.

osourd8_26.jpg

:Namaste:

P.S. I promise i will get better with the shadows and the light on the shots, my LG4 can only do so much for a newbie camera guy, actually any suggestions on photograpy, not upoading and resizing, but lighting for led specifics and green light specifics would be awesome as well.

Yay today the random grinded bag seed of some amazing Green Crack i recieved from the dispensary showed she was a female. I have three clones of it already and it is a super strong plant. Excellent, free DNA, lets hope she runs all the way through her life as a great plant. :Namaste:

Here are some comparison shots, I started the scrog by many different methods, you name it its in the scrog on one of the plants. The nets where constructed 16 days ago and the plants transfered from T-5 room to led room to them to attempt a prepetual scrog. I am aiming at the moon and the stars for my 3rd grow and first scrog, and failure is definitly an option.

Here are upshots on scrog screen two, its the one in the corner, the Space Queen and the free Special Kush #1 seed reside here with Kush being in the corner. Special in that it only has three leaves anywhere on her.

Net upshot day 1

day1inthecageup.jpg

Day 16 of net and 8 of flower

0827151204.jpg

Here is the pic of the whole room the day they met the screens

whloeroom1_1.jpg

Day 16 of net and 8 of flower

day8wholeroom.jpg

other updates..... its been hot and humid here, the avg intake temp is about 4 degrees lower then room temp with no a/c, ..... due to the humidity I am going to have to turn on the a/c soon unfortunatly. The WWxBB mix might need stronger netting if i keep with this pheno i have cloned, it is the strongest of three feminized seeds i planted. :Namaste:

Re: 600 3W LEDs - Space Queen/Strawberry Cough/Special Kush/White Widow/Big Bud - Soi

Day 12 Flower Update, its been so hot and humid I decided to start running the ac unit, put it all on a kilometer. The intake fan and oscillating fan are on a different circuit. This is on a 20 amp circuit.

wattsgrow3.jpg

ampgrow3withac.jpg

Here is the whole room shot Day 12 of Flower.

wholeroomday12.jpg

and here is a space queen grid day 12

spacequeen_day12.jpg

Humidity has been extremely high, i am hoping the a/c unit with its on board dehumidifier will take care of it. I have a second dehumidifier if neccesary i suppose. :Namaste:

Re: 600 3W LEDs - Space Queen/Strawberry Cough/Special Kush/White Widow/Big Bud - Soi

The last post was right as the lights came on for the 12th day cycle, I have been up all night monitoring temp and humidity. Temps are perfect at 77.7 degrees but the a/c dehumidifier only removed about 6% of the 69% humidity. I gave it 8 hours to remove its supposed amount but it did not life up to manufacturing specs, possible user error lol. I turned on the standalone dehumidifier and within a half hour that 63% it had been at went to 54%.

Lost in the forest this morning as I did the last tuck these ladies will see. Hands off for a while, been nipping with my thumb nail getting a few leaves a day from each plant, no more then 4, seems to have really opened up the smaller bud sites. Glad I have my glasses, this room is almost painful bright, some times I catch myself just staring out just over the net pretending I am a wee person running through the forest of the space queen.

day12sidescreen2.jpg

That could be the platinum cookies talking, of which I have more news. Platinum cookies is my medicine. It has the proper ratio of cannabinoids for my nerve and muscle ailements that come from having a broken neck. About two months ago I purchased some Platinum cookies from my local dispensary, it happend to have 3 seeds in it. I have no idea what pollinated them but having had recent sucess with the green crack bag seed I am giving them a grow go. Soaked em in distilled water and B-1 over night and all three cracked. Put in soil this morning.

bag_seed5.jpg

But that will be a different grow. They are with the clones from the clone closet.

We had a 4.2 earthquake here a little over a week ago, the only thing it broke was my hygrometer, a rogue jar of cinnamon fell from a shelf and cracked its screen. My room is a fair way away from me. Down a flight of stairs and through three different sets of locks in my basement. I used to do welding down there before my accident so I had the electrical all ready in place for a medical grow room. But when your monitoring humidity levels and making manual adjustments in makes for a long night . I found this pic of building the screens while i was up all night.

buildingthescreens.jpg

I used many different styles of abuse to get the ladies into the prescreen stage.

Clone closet

clone_closet.jpg

My cloning this round was not at all scientific. I have clonex and rooting compounds in powder and liquid forms. When I did my final trim before the flip, i just dipped it in my mouth kinda like a stalk a wheat you can conjure up from huck finn. It taste amazing and within a week I had a 75 % root rate when I just changed the water with tap every day. I know mouths are a bacteria factory, but somehow it worked lol. This is 14 days after the cut, the growth and vigor of these vs the rockwool clonex method I used the first two times i tried is remarkable. :Namaste:

The eve of day 14 of flower has just occured, I am pretty stoked with how well it seems to be going so far. Its almost overwhelming looking at all the flowers. These two space queens will bring many nights of sleep.

spacedqueenz.jpg

Temp and humidity update. The a/c unit and dehumidifier have to work in unison just to keep conditions at

tempandhumidity_day14.jpg

I am wondering if it would be more efficient to just seal the whole room and have a slow calibrated co2 release. I have the inlet and exhaust dialed way down. It is just really humid here.

Whole room shot morning of the 14 day

day14morning.jpg

Whole room shot eve of the 14 day

day14night.jpg

I also decided to follow the journy of one flower with my vernier caliper. 49.96mm on 9/2/2015

spacequeenmeasure1.jpg

Day 15 just started here are some shots

Whole room shot

whole_room_day_15.jpg

Side whole room shot

9-3-15_grow_room_027.jpg

My dehumidifier is pulling about 3 liters of transpiration out of the air every 8 hours. Temps are managable but humidity is going to cost me about 200w an hour. Does that seem reasonable? I have installed HVAC in plenty of houses but have never lived in one.

Um here is my outside sour diesel, i know this is not the place but i am hijacking my own thread.

sdbudsheadsize.jpg

thumbupsdos.jpg

this is my first try outside. They were a couple of extras that wouldnt fit into the flower room. They love it here I think...... they seem happy.

Also, out of the three plantinum cookies bag seeds that cracked this is the only one with cotyledons so far.

bagseed_Pcookies.jpg

I have a 50/50 chance for some questionable and free DNA.... i will take those odds any day.

I also took a second measurment 24 hours apart on the "Flower" , i realize the name is not very creative.

2nd_measure9_4.jpg

for a total growth of 6.06 mm or a little less the a quarter of an inch in 24 hours. I am happy with that I think. I dont know what they are supposed to grow but that seems like they are getting suffiecient par across the canopy.

And right after i posted I looked into the clone closet and I had a second seeding sprout today, say hello to world platinum cookie number two mystery seed. I need 4 more seed pops and I will start a second journal from the closets of hobbiton to the veg room of mordor and lastly to the flower room of Mount Doom.

jessicarabbit.jpg
Yay and :Namaste:

Your setup is well done and alot growspace.

Like the scrog and following. :goodjob:

And what about the Space Queen lol, never heard that before, must be good ;)

Happy growing.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom