A Grouchier Grow - LED 3Wx100 - Hempy - 9 Plants - 3 Strains - Lucas - Mainline

Grouchy

Hello, everyone!

I'll keep the intro short and sweet and get right to the good stuff. This time around I wanted to try something new. I liked the hempy bucket with my last grow so I figured I would stay with that. I had zero problems with it in the past. But I figured plant manipulation was a good thing to change just to see what else is out there. I decided on mainlining with 8 tops for each plant. I'm going to have to keep them pretty short since I have a limit of 48" but worst case scenario, ill purchase a real tent (Click here for my grow space info).

I have 3 strains I'm trying out. 1 Northern Lights Fem, 3 "Mystery Seeds" from Nirvana Seeds, and 5 Hindu Kush. So, that means I'll have males that I'll have to weed out, no pun intended (unless I get super lucky which is never the case :laughtwo:). Depending on how many females I end up with, I may change up my method of training.

Without further adieu...

Strain:
1x Northern Lights Femenized (Nirvana Seeds)
3x Mystery Seeds (Nirvana Seeds)
5x Hindu Kush Bagseed
Training Methods:
MainLining for 8 tops from each plant
Grow Space:
DIY tent
Height:
4 feet
Width:
4 feet
Depth:
2 feet
Medium:
Gen Hydro's Coco brick
bottom 2 inches chunky perlite
Pot size:
Still undecided
Lights:
Platinum LED's P300 (100 x 3w)
Temps:
lights off - 72 F
lights on - 79 F
Ventilation:
400 CFM Dirt Genius inline fan
Odor control:
Phresh filter, 550 CFM
RH:
45% ave.
Watering frequency:
every 2-3 days
Nutrients:
FloraNova Bloom (Lucas Formula)
Cal-Mag
PH down
PH level maintained: 6.0

image31055.jpg

As always, any questions or input is very welcome!

Re: A Grouchyer Grow - P300 LED 3Wx100 - Hempy - 9 Plants - 3 Strains - Lucas - Mainl

Well, we have some popping up!:high-five:

2 of the Kush seeds did not germinate but that's fine. I should have enough with the ones that sprouted and there are 2 more that have not made it to the surface yet but I think they might make it.

I can't decide what size pots to put them in. I'm thinking if enough are female, I can do a SOG with them all mainlined. So that leads me to 2 or 3 gallon containers. I am also thinking of using one big storage bin for all of them. I know this is frowned upon (placing multiple plants in one container) but, I've done it before with 3 plants and it worked out great with no problems using a straight perlite hempy.
image31277.jpg

I'm in... :nomo:

Glad to hear, man! Welcome!

UPDATE:
Well I'm going to call it at 5 seedlings. The other 2 have tails popping out of their seeds but have not made progress in a couple days. I'm going to get rid of them tomorrow and proceed with the grow.

I decided to go ahead and try doing a giant hempy bucket with all 5 plants in it. I'll be using a sterilite storage bin that's large enough in diameter to fill the grow space but I'll cut it in half to shorten it in height.

UPDATE:

Greetings everyone! I was smoking on some blue dream these last couple days and my oh my... I love that stuff. Great blend of couch lock and heady high. I think that might be a near future grow for this fella.

I transplanted all 5 plants into larger containers. Maybe half gallon? Honestly I'm not sure. They're only temporary anyway. I used all coco for their new pots. I also fed them 2 ml/gal of FloraNova Bloom and 3 ml/gal of cal/mag. They looked a little yellow so I thought I'd feed them a bit at 25% strength to see how they respond. When I took them out of their solo cups to transplant, the tap roots were barely touching the bottom of the cup so I think I had good timing before the tap root started to curl around. I'm trying to reduce the amount of root bound before get them into their finally home. I placed them all into my tent with the other flowering 2 I have in there. I had to elevate them a bit because the 2 Flowering ones took up so much room as it was. I finally managed get them situated where I want them. I still have roughly 2 weeks of flowering left for my 2 girls so hopefully the seedlings stay small enough before I can make more room! :passitleft::passitleft:

Here's some photo updates!
image31438.jpg
image31425.jpg

UPDATE:

Well, there's not much going on. They're still alive though! So, there's that... lol

Their first feeding was with 25% strength. So, with FloraNova Bloom (Lucas), that means I gave them 2ml/gal.
Last night, their second feeding, was at 50% strength. So, I gave them 4ml/gal. They seemed to love the first feeding when they turned a darker green. They were very light green to start with but after the nutes, they're solid!

I also have been giving them 2ml/gal of CAL/MAG per feeding.

I'll be transplanting them into their respective homes before I start the training of MainLining. I'll probably put them into 3 gallon square containers. My original plan was to put them in the same large pot but I decided against it.

image31976.jpg

WELCOME JETFUEL!
Please take your seat and fasten your seat belt. And also make sure your seat back and folding trays are in their full upright position.
Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight!!!!!!!
:welcome::tokin:

Hey Grouchy, I am starting a 2 pot grow in 5gal hempy and lucus formula (GH). Looks like you are off to a good start and as a retired (long ago) electrician I love that CFL rig you made, awesome man. Lots of green mojo, I'll:thumb: be along for the ride if you don't mind.
:thumb:

UPDATE:

Greetings everyone! I was smoking on some blue dream these last couple days and my oh my... I love that stuff. Great blend of couch lock and heady high. I think that might be a near future grow for this fella.

I love that strain, too -- I don't have a lot on hand so save it for special occasions, like anytime I want to :)

Looks good -- can't wait to see the rest of the grow!

Hey Grouchy, I am starting a 2 pot grow in 5gal hempy and lucus formula (GH). Looks like you are off to a good start and as a retired (long ago) electrician I love that CFL rig you made, awesome man. Lots of green mojo, I'll:thumb: be along for the ride if you don't mind.
:thumb:

Where were you when I was building that damn thing?! :laughtwo:
The wiring wasn't difficult for me but I guarantee there was an easier way to wire them all together. I did wire in parallel but that alone was so many wires inside the PVC. A junction box would of been a way better idea.
Is this your first grow? You should make a journal! I'd love to see another hempy grow.

Anyway, thanks for hangin' out!

I love that strain, too -- I don't have a lot on hand so save it for special occasions, like anytime I want to :)

Looks good -- can't wait to see the rest of the grow!

Hahaha! "Anytime I want"
That's how I feel sometimes. I save some good stuff for a "special occasion." I'll sit down to watch Netflix and I say to myself, "Ah, yes. My special occasion. Netflix!"
Thanks for sticking around!

I am running my grow J over at "marijuana passion" I;m off to a cut down for a friend will post some stuff latter.
I aam interested in your LED setup

I've just started my first grow with 3 Nirvana Seeds Northern Lights Feminised in coco/perlite and using Head's Coco version of the Lucas Formula similar to what you are doing. However my girl's aren't going well so I would be interested to see how yours goes.

Subbed!!

I've just started my first grow with 3 Nirvana Seeds Northern Lights Feminised in coco/perlite and using Head's Coco version of the Lucas Formula similar to what you are doing. However my girl's aren't going well so I would be interested to see how yours goes.

Subbed!!

Are you using cal/mag? Lucus needs cal

Are you using cal/mag? Lucus needs cal

I use CALiMAGic if you scroll up there's a picture of it.

Subbed!!

sounds like a great setup and almost mirrors mine. What's the problem with yours?

I use CALiMAGic if you scroll up there's a picture of it.

sounds like a great setup and almost mirrors mine. What's the problem with yours?

I also have the GH CaliMagic.

Yes very similar, although you have a much more technical and well built box. Mine is very ameture.
Problem is the girls aren't growing well. Getting yellowing on the leaves and just don't seem happy. Check my journal in my signature if you would like to take a look

I also have the GH CaliMagic.

Yes very similar, although you have a much more technical and well built box. Mine is very ameture.
Problem is the girls aren't growing well. Getting yellowing on the leaves and just don't seem happy. Check my journal in my signature if you would like to take a look

absolutely! looks like a lot of reading lol. I'll get started right now!

Back
Top Bottom