Pure's First Ever Grow - Critical Jack Auto - Organic Soil & Green Planet Nutes

puregreen

Hi all, just got my first ever grow started so lets see how we go, any advice or help would be much appreciated. I soaked x2 critical jack auto's in a cup of water on 27/08/15 and left for 24hrs, filled pots with soil and perlite and soaked with water until a little run off and also left for 24hrs. Then transferred the girls into the 3 gallon fabric pots about half inch down and lightly covered with soil. Both girls popped up the next day 28/08/15. Placed girls into grow room under x2 100w and a 280w cfl on 20/4 lighting, temps steady at 78% and humidity at 55%. no water needed as soil is still moist, All I am doing is light misting evry 4-6hrs

What strain is it?
Critical Jack Auto

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
60% Indica 40% Sativa

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor

Grow Area is a 60cm x 60cm x 140cm grow tent

Soil or Hydro?
Canna Terra Professional Mix with about 20% extra perlite in 3 Gallon fabric pots

Size of lights?
x2 100w, x1 280w, x1 300w CFL's

Running a 4" twin speed fan with rhino pro carbon filter and a desktop fan

I will be using Green Planet Medi-One and Massive nutrients for vegging/flowering.

Anyone who has advice on these nutes would be fantastic.

Well that's all for now folks, any advice is extremely welcome, knowledge is everything and I have very little!!!

re: Pures fFrst Ever Grow - Critical Jack Auto - Organic Soil & Green Planet Nutes

I found it!

I'm excited for you! I can't wait to see the Medi one in action! It's 100% organic and I've been tempted to check it out. The only reason I haven't gone that direction is because I've purchased the Green Planet Ultimate Feed Guide line up and I want to use it up before I try anything else. And from what I've heard the Medi one is the way to go!!

What kind of lights do you intend to use for flowering? Also, 3 gallon pots are nice but consider 5 gallons. It's just that much bigger to provide a nice area for root development.

Can't wait for this to take off Pure!!!

re: Pures fFrst Ever Grow - Critical Jack Auto - Organic Soil & Green Planet Nutes

Thanks for looking and finding my journal pigeons:thumb: I thought I would try the Medi-One as you say it is 100% natural and I wanted to go down the organic route (at least try it first anyway). I was given the 3 gallon fabric pots and to be honest if I had 5 gallon pots I wouldn't be able to fit 2 comfortably in my grow area, but on my next grow I will use the bigger pot 5 gallon but will only be growing 1 girl, the Hollands hope 2.0 (with a scrog possibly).
My girls on this grow seem to be doing well but I think they have stretched a little, they are both just over 3 inches tall and just starting to get there 2nd set of true leaves. I will put some photo,s on as soon as I find out how!!!!! They have not been watered since they have been in soil, just given them some light misting when I have checked on them (about every 6 hrs). Temps are steady at 79% and humidity is 58%.
Thanks again for being on board Pigeons

Thanks TheNuttyProfessor, I have never grown before but I always said that if I did I would want to go down the organic route. Too be honest I am really excited and just hope everything goes well and if not at least I will have gained some knowledge and keep trying. After this grow I will be growing Hollands Hope 2.0 feminised seed in a 5 gallon fabric pot. My only issue at the moment is my height restrictions, my tent is only 140cm high (just over 4 and a half foot) and I have my carbon filter and lights which take up space. I just got to learn how to keep them small, was thinking about a scrog!!!

Day 4 from seed, I have not watered them yet as the soil is still damp, just some light misting. Sorry if the photo's are not very good, the camera on my phone is a bit shitty!!!!
20150831_094139.jpg
20150831_094123.jpg

you should maybe try mainline your plants , keep them low with plenty of tops ,

you can check out my thread showing how to do it , its the blue link on my sig links , MAINLINING A STARWBERRY BLUE :thumb:

will look like this

P1080057.JPG
P10800481.JPG
P10800621.JPG

Awesome, Pure!!!

They look beautiful! And I see you figured out how to upload photos!

Enjoy your day!

Yay!! Nutty's here!!!

re: Pures Frst Ever Grow - Critical Jack Auto - Organic Soil & Green Planet Nutes

Thank you Nuttyprofessor for showing me about mainlining, you certainly have a way with the girls:Namaste: Too be honest I am a little afraid to do so much with my girls, as its my first grow I was just going to learn how they grow and maybe a little Lst, with them being Autos I thought it was best never to stress them too much but thats why I joined here, so I can gain knowledge and hopeful learn many great things from many great people.
And Thanks PIGEONS420

re: Pures Frst Ever Grow - Critical Jack Auto - Organic Soil & Green Planet Nutes

Well it day 6 from seed, my girls seem to be doing ok, they had their first watering today ph 6.5. Temps have been between77-78 and humidity between 53-55 with just some light misting.
20150902_200044.jpg
20150902_200423.jpg
20150902_200016.jpg
20150902_200400.jpg

Everything looks great! Great temps, great humidity and the girls sure look beautiful. The care you give them is obvious!

Keep it up!

Thanks pigeons, I am just hoping I don't run into too many problems down the line.
Anyways, my twin girls are 8 days old today, only been watered once ph 6.5 and just some light misting, temps between 76-77 and humidity 51-53, still waiting for my Medi One and Massive nutes to come, should be here by Tuesday. I've been looking at led light for flowering and I can get a 600w MarsHydro for £105, I was just wondering if that is too much for the size of my grow tent (60cm x 60cm x 140cm) or could it work wonders!!!
20150904_221032.jpg
20150904_221046.jpg
20150904_221011.jpg
20150904_221003.jpg

Their coming along beautifully!!

Your tent would be perfect size for that light. Now in not an LED guy but general rule of thumb is to keep the light 20" away from plant. And you can do that with your space. So, I think that the Mars is a great investment!

Doesn't it feel nice to have everything coming along nicely?

Re: Pures fFrst Ever Grow - Critical Jack Auto - Organic Soil & Green Planet Nutes

Ok when I said that I wanted to grow organic I got a lot of response's like " when you say organic what exactly do you mean?" So now I am going to ask you the same question.. By what do you mean organic? I am looking for ppl who are trying to grow like I am. I am trying to not put any ferts and if I do have to I want to do it NOT CHEMICALLY. I have been looking for some time now and have found out that a lot of food that we throw away every day is ideal for plants but not just plants but the plants we are growing here.. Is that on the lines of what you are trying to mean by organically? I also have a journal of my organic route check it out!
Thanks TheNuttyProfessor, I have never grown before but I always said that if I did I would want to go down the organic route. Too be honest I am really excited and just hope everything goes well and if not at least I will have gained some knowledge and keep trying. After this grow I will be growing Hollands Hope 2.0 feminised seed in a 5 gallon fabric pot. My only issue at the moment is my height restrictions, my tent is only 140cm high (just over 4 and a half foot) and I have my carbon filter and lights which take up space. I just got to learn how to keep them small, was thinking about a scrog!!!

Re: Pures fFrst Ever Grow - Critical Jack Auto - Organic Soil & Green Planet Nutes

Hi TinkerFarms and thanks for taking an interest:thumb: When I say organic I am hoping to not use anything apart from organic feeds. I am using Canna Terra Professional soil mix (says 100% organic) with about 20% extra perlite (says 100% organic). I will use green planets Medi-One and Massive nutes (again says 100% organic) on one of the girls and just ph'd water and hopefully someone can maybe give advice on what other different organic feeds are available. I don't want to use any chemical feeds or anything else that are not entirely 100% organic. I am trying to keep my girls away from drugs/chemicals (haha) I do really like your idea and I would love to be able to grow without having to use commercial nutes even if they do say 100%organic. If you have any idea's for one of my girls you would like to share I would much appreciate it. I am not sure if I have answered your question properly but I hope you will still be interested in how my grow goes:thumb:

Thanks again pigeons and yes it is just a great feeling how things are going at the moment. I know it is still very early days but my hopes are high. Everything seems to be going so well I am just waiting for something to go wrong, hopefully it wont!!! I am struggling to raise funds for the 600w marshydro so if I can't afford it then I will stick with the cfl's. Thanks for keeping an interest in my grow and I hope everything is good with you friend:thumb:

Day 9 from seed, Temps 73-75 and humidity 51-53. I have changed my lighting to two tornado cfl bulbs (75w+280w) about 4-5 inches away from each girl. They had there 2nd water today ph 6.4 with no nutes. I think they are looking ok, I can't believe how quick they are growing!!! Sorry for the photo's I have got to get a better camera, the last photo is of my little set up!!!
20150905_205127.jpg
20150905_205141.jpg
20150905_205203.jpg
20150905_205208.jpg
20150905_211344.jpg

Day 10 from seed, everything seems to be going ok, temps steady at 73-75 and humidity 52-53 have not needed to be watered just light misting with room temperature water ph'd 6.5. Can't believe how quick these are growing, I hope someone on here could maybe give me a little advice on when to turn my 3rd (main) light on (300w gaint cfl)? I was thinking maybe when they are 2 or 3 weeks old, I will still be using the 75w=280w tornado bulbs as side lighting, also I was wondering when I should start to use the Medi-One nutes at 1/4 to half strength to start with. Hope you all having/had a great weekend:thumb:
20150906_203514.jpg
20150906_203502.jpg

Doing awesome.

I would wait a bit yet before introducing the other light. Wait another week or two.

Nutes are good to go starting at week one. I wouldn't even do 1/4 strength. I would go 100% by the Medi One feed program. I've had in depth discussions with the folks from Green Planet and I know it's safe to follow any recommendations they provide.

Again Pure they look great! Keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom