First Grow - 4x4x6.5 - 600W HPS

StonerCaveman

I'm starting my first grow in a 4x4x6.5 grow tent with reflective mylar, a 600w hps light, and a fan (not sure of the exact strength). I'm planning on buying 5-6 clones and transplanting them into 5 gallon pots using fox farm ocean forest organic soil and blue planet nutrients. I'm planning on doing some sort of training and topping, either ScroG or LST with string and rubber band. My questions for you guys are..

1. Is 5-6 a good amount of plants for this setup?
2. Should I grow all the same strains or different strains?
3. When should I start LST or ScroG and at what height should i try and keep the canopy?
4. What type of training would be best for this setup, ScroG or LST?
5. What types of strains would give me the best yield in this setup?
6. How long should I veg and flower the clones for? Is 4-6 weeks for each period generally a good amount of time?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, any wisdom on any of these questions or my setup or any other useful advice is much appreciated :volcano-smiley:

Hi Stoner!!

Welcome to 420!!

I really like what you're planning here. I think I can answer a couple of those questions for you.

1) I think your tent is just a bit small for 5-6 plants. You might be able to get away with 3-4 based on the kind of LST or Scrog you set up.
2) I've had people tell me it's easier to grow the same strain so it's not a guessing game in terms of whether or not the different plants will behave the same. i.e. Take nutes similarly, grow consistently at the same place, etc
3) Typically you wait until the 3rd or 4th node to start any training.
4) You'll have to do a bit of homework to determine the kind of time and effort you'll want to put in before deterimining which path.
5) Can't even begin to list all the strains that are great. I honestly think as long as you have a feminized seed you a little knowledge you could harvest heavy with any strain. The sponsors here are a great place to start for seeds
6) haha I know nothing about clones, sorry.

Here's a link to one of the smartest guys I know on here and he's dishing out some solid info on SCROGs

This link goes directly to his post about his SCROG. I think you'll love it!

OldMedUser's - 3 Strain - DWC - Soilless - ScroG - ExtravaGanja!

I hope you find everything you're looking for!!

Nice set up Mate 600 hps a good choice thats what i use.pigeon is spot on when to start training 3rd or 4th node veg time depends on how heavy u train ur ladies .u can train a cannabis plant to be as big as u want.i have a trained plant on my current auto grow journel l.but the trained lady is a seed i found in a 10 bit.currently 3 weeks into flower with 25 tops on her.i have listed and posted pics of how i trained this lady.ur welcome to take a look give u an idea what u can achive.hope this helps.and good luck on ur first grow.il be watching;)

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom