Budmaster Osram Deluxe One Plant Grow

Fevs

Hi, new member 1st post.

As a guest 10 minutes ago, I read a few things that helped me make up my mind to join. Some stuff by Budmaster who is a sponsor here, so I'm likely to find other's that use Budmaster led's too. I'm looking to learn what I can from the best led growers on here.

I'm doing a journal. I'm on day 1 of 12/12.

1 x World Of Seeds - Northern Lights x Big Bud (fem)

Lights: 1 x Budmaster 675 od + 1 x Budmaster 300od. So 580w actual draw from the wall.

8.2 gallon / 37 litre air pot with bio bizz all mix.

Enjoy! Please remember. I'm hear to learn, not to teach. Please feel free to discuss my plant and pass on any info/tips.

Plant has just been fed hesi supervit, bio bizz grow, cal mag and epsom salts. She is about 2 month old, but grew underneath some auto's, so was a bit slow at 1st.

She has been in that massive air pot for over 6 weeks, so her root system is supreme. She had 2 smaller pots before that.

Anyway, I'm having a punt with 2 x Budmaster osram leds over 1 plant to smash my personal best yield! I'm going for 1lb / 16 ounces / 16 zips.

Enjoy the journal! Just got to learn how to post photo's... Then will add pics

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3.

DSCF83833.JPG

:welcome: to 420

Looks nice!

Huge Air-Pot and a lot of light, I hope you're gonna grow a monster there.
How did you train that plant?

I have a scrog net up, but there are not many holes on there. So super cropping, cable ties, bending the tops over gently, topping, fimming, pinching too. I'm not doing anything to her now, already lolly popped too. I do have another scrog net that I will be adding soon. More of a branch support net.

beautiful plant man, and great training! subbed, you and i have a really similar setup right now :)

And what a great way to set up...!:thumb:

I have changed my set up many times, but all ideas have evolved to this grow.

Thanks for the kind words! Yep, she is a beautiful plant indeed! I open my tent each morning and my jaw drops!

Next feed I'm just going for plain water and hesi supervit. Been feeding her quite a bit of nutes recently, so reckon she'll like some water this time.

I want to ask some opinions, when do I add bloom to the feed please? Do I keep her on just grow nutes during the stretch?

I don't normally grow photoperiods, so am unsure with regards to the feed.

Thought I'd post a picture of my mother plant set up. Budmaster 300xg on half power. So 90w. Currently vegging 10 afghani regulars, 4 powerplant regulars too. Plus 1 x fem great white shark.

2.5ft x 2.5ft x 3.3ft high. Nice little, very cheap to run set up that does a great job.

DSCF83971.JPG
DSCF8395.JPG

Also, doing a separate journal with the Budmaster 450xg + a 200w cfl which is 2700K. Just started that here too. This is my autoflower tent. 2.5ft x 2.5ft x.about 5.5ft. 4 x sweet fast bud#2's in 12 litre air pots. Fast by name, fast by nature.

DSCF83932.JPG
DSCF83921.JPG

Next feed I'm just going for plain water and hesi supervit. Been feeding her quite a bit of nutes recently, so reckon she'll like some water this time.

I want to ask some opinions, when do I add bloom to the feed please? Do I keep her on just grow nutes during the stretch?

I don't normally grow photoperiods, so am unsure with regards to the feed.

I think it's usually recommended to start feeding flower nutes 1-2 weeks after flipping to 12/12, I'll be doing some more research on that as I'm on my first photo grow aswell. So if you dig up something interesting please post it round here;)

Right, fed her today. Feed was just over 2 gallons of water with hesi supervit. I actually let her wilt a bit this time. That won't happen again, but I wanted her to dry out properly once. She looked terrible earlier, but looks great again now. I washed out loads of the old nutes in there until it was clear coming out the base of the pot. Almost like a flush really. I tied down 5 more branches. Was going to leave her, but she is now an even canopy, with even more tops.

Best is to look at your nutes when to add bloom.
Can be from last week veg to 3 week bloom.

What brand are your nutes ?

I'm going to start with iguana bloom. Got half a bottle of that to finish off. So, bio bizz grow and iguana bloom from advanced nutrients. I rate iguana juice, however due to the smell when buffering nutes, I will be switching to plant magic oldtimers bloom. My place starts smelling of fish with iguana juice. Can't have that! I like growing and all, but I'm not willing to smell fish for 48 hours a time, twice a week, when buffering nutes.

Plus plant magic cheap, like half the price of iguana juice, and it's designed for UK water.

I always ph to 6,5.
You get very different options on ph but I would test it, some got very bad water.

Lol get this with the fish smell could not have this.

I always ph to 6,5.
You get very different options on ph but I would test it, some got very bad water.

Lol get this with the fish smell could not have this.

What do you use to adjust the ph?

I'm growing in organic soil, so don't want to kill the life in the soil with ph up or down.

I bubble the nutes for 24 hours and the ph is always, 6.5 so don't even have to check it. I have done extensive ph buffering experiments in the past. I have it all recorded and documented in a journal. 3 different nutes brands, measured up to 2ml grow per 1 litre and 4ml bloom per 1 litre together. I measured the ph from go and throughout, stayed up for days on end during this experiment LOL I have had good results with double the maximum strength feeds in the past, only when buffered with oxygen though.

The only reason I do buffer the nutes is to adjust the ph. If you can do that with oxygen, why add anything unnecessarily?

Perfect if it is in range.
My water is 7,7 and some get up to 9 so better check that´s all I say.

I am on nutes and take their ph down, complete organic brand at least as organic as it gets with liquid nutes.

Good find on the oxygen have to try that.

I use organic lemon juice to lower the pH of my water and it works just as fine as pH-Down, you just have to use a bit more but still get same results and same price range.

That's pretty much what I would use, if I did have to use something other than air. Seems far more appealing than cider apple vinegar or something. LOL

Do you get any nice flavors coming through? Imagine growing lemon skunk, with lemon juice in the feed :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom