Acesmoker's The Church Feminised Grow Journal - 2015

acesmoker

Hello everyone,

This is my first proper grow, after messing around with a few cfl's I got a nice little set up and thought I would share with everyone who wanted to see.

I have currently just flipped to 12/12 but have got photo's of the entire grow which will be up loaded shortly,

details of the set up:
What strain is it? - The Church by GHS
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? flower
how long was veg - 8 weeks.
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil - canna - 20l air pots
size light? 600 hps - in cool tube
room temp 21-28 c
RH of Room/cab? 40%
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering? every other day
Type and strength of ferts use? plant magic Grow / Bloom - as directed 3ml per litre.

My grow started in august, when I purchased 3 feminised seeds from "GHS" - strain "the church"

having used the wet paper towel method before I was quite comfortable doing this to germinate,
HOWEVER only 2 of my babies popped out, I left the 3rd for a good few more days, even switched to trying the cup method but no luck and the seed went in the bin.

then then I potted my babies in 11 litre pots, and waited for them to sprout,

1 day later, and boom! the first head was showing, but to my surprise there where 2 heads from the one seed!
later that day the 2nd seed had spouted, so by day 2 I had the 3 babies I wanted in the first place -- that was lucky ;)

Moving on a few days and all was going well, all 3 heads were growing well, until the twins started leaning over,
I monitored and done some research and it was looking like the bigger of the twins would out power the little one and could cause problems, my solution was to cut of the little one as close to the roots as possible then re-pot it.

IMG-20150812-WA0004.jpeg
IMG-20150812-WA0006.jpeg
IMG-20150812-WA0002.jpeg

----to be continued

Another week past with slow steady growth to all 3, so then it was time to FIM the plant which had not had its twin cut off,
I didn't want to stress twin A anymore after having her sister amputated. also thought it would make a good comparison between a FIM and no FIM,

This went well I believe as after a couple days I could see 4! new growths, I have also been LST all 3 plants to try and fill my 1mX1m tent,

up to this point the plants were under 375w of blue CFL. so now was time to put the 600w on!

but this caused the next problem which was 40c! - faaaar to high I know, so then came the purchase of a 6" cool tube, and a new RVK 6" fan rated for a massive 720m3. a lot for a 1m tent, but I needed so major cooling.

I have a 4" intake direct from outside, and the exhaust is also direct to outside.

and BOOM 28c. perfect,

next was the need for bigger pots, as 11l pots just wasn't going to produce the plants I needed, so in come 20l air pots, - and man these make watering difficult.

for the best part of a week after the transplant both plants looked limp and lifeless, I think I was a bit too rough with the change over, but they pulled though!

so that brings us just about up to date, I have been doing a slight bit of defoliation to the larger fan leaves which are over the tops of some smaller heads, this seemed to promote the smaller heads more .... as you can see from the last picture, the plant closes to the camera has a "puffy" looking effect to its leaves, kind of a bit crinkled, this is twin B (the smallest from the Siamese twins) im not sure if she's just a little messed up from the operation, or if theres a problem, shes been this way for a few weeks and is growing well.

also im noticing that the new growth on both larger plants is very yellow, this can be seen a bit in the picture above but I feel is getting worse, will take a picture later today,

all 3 plants showed pre sex at around week 6-7, being a new grower, and this being just after I had put the 600w on, I was worried they had started flowering, however after some more research ( ive spent maaaany hours on this site, and others prior to the grow and during)
I found this to be quite normal, and was very please that all my girls, were infact girls, or now should I say ladies....

its been a full week on the 12/12 now, and they have had a bit of a growing boost as expected, I heat the room while the lights are off to try and maintain as little fluctuation on temp as possible, to reduce stretch (so I believe ) and they are showing some hairs, just not a huge amount yet, im hoping to see more of a change in the next week.

cheers, :)

the nutes are plant magic, soil bloom, 3ml-4ml per litre of water, im giving them about 3litres every 2 days. (but only give them nutes every other water) both the larger plants have had the exact same treatment, but one definitely is more yellow than the other, but as you point out, they are still looking healthy so see how she goes with time.

over the weekend I have just been monitoring, the temp was getting a bit low so ive added another 250 cfl, there's now 850w in a 1m x 1m, I was quite proud of that! lol. temps now between 21-29c.

ive stopped the training now, I cant have them getting any wider, just need them to go straight up!

heres a couple pics from the weekend,
20151009_205340.jpg

^^ this is the yellowest of the girls,

20151009_205354.jpg

Hi Richard, I did get the plant magic made for softwater, (so it says on the bottle anyways?) do you think I would still need the salts?

thanks for the time looking at my progress, I see your using LED's. how do you find growing with them? in terms of temp control and yield?

my girls are finally getting into full flower now, with the smallest twin b looking the furthest along,

here are the most upto date pics.....
IMG-20151013-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20151013-WA0000.jpg

"twin b ^^"

20151009_205354.jpg

IMG-20151013-WA0001.jpg

twin A and the other lol

I don't think I will upload any more pics for a few days now until there seems to be more of a change,

in the mean time I have added an extra 250w of cfl. bringing my total in my 1m tent to 850w.

now for that famous question! "how much yield do you think I will get!" I know this question is always asked, and always answered the same, " it completely depends on your unique grow"

now im hoping anyone reading this will be able to get a good idea of my "unique grow" - theres a few pics showing the size and the training that's been done, and im a wear that these would only be estimates base off others own experience,

basically im hoping I could pull 10oz dry outta this tent from these 3 ladies, do you think this is achievable or am I looking at half that amount?

so it seem that the yellowest of the bunch is continuing to yellow (the new growth) .. it still seems to be healthy but is getting a little concerning as neither of the other two are showing the same signs, all 3 have been treated the same, with the same nutes temps ect...

its now been 2 weeks into flower, temp has dropped to about 15c for a couple hours each night, but as only one plant is showing the yellow I don't think its that,

I have been giving them quite a bit of nutes recently but again theres no change..

well since the last update things have been going very well, the yellowing doesn't seem to be any worse or any better, there seems to be no negative effect from it though, as the growth is very good and matching the other non yellow plants, buds are forming all over the place, I will have some nice new up to date pictures to put up tomorrow,

im basically leaving the girls do what they need to now, I had a peak at them yesterday to make sure there was no huge problem, so now there having a good water/feed every other day , sometimes allowing 2 days between water to really dry the soil out.
other than the brilliant bud production there is very little more to say.

will update with pics tomorrow.

ok so my girls are now getting abit bushy, after a ton of research im not much clearer on an answer for " should I defoliate"

im thinking I need to do abit as there is sooo much leaf matter in the middle of the plants that there aint no room for bud!

I agree with the leaves are the solar panels, but there's not much use if the buds have no room to grow? - or at least that's my theory im going with atm, until someone can educate me further.

so tonight's plan is to try and get my little snips in there to get some air moving through, im just not too sure which leaves to remove yet, the biggest? only the ones blocking the "heads", hmmmmm decisions,

I will be back with more pictures tomorrow, and cheers to anyone who's following, sometimes I feel im typing to myself, but hey, even so ill have something to look back on. :)

Back
Top Bottom