White Widow & Fruit Auto - No Frills Grow!

cyprusgrower

Hello there fellow growers.

Ok, so I am growing 4 white widow in a no frills grow....basically all I have is a 250w light.

They are just grown in soil bought from the garden centre.
The only nutes I have been using is a bottle that is meant for roses.
I have no temperature or humidity sensors.
The area I am growing in has no reflective walls.
I have a fan blowing on them to strengthen them and get some airflow.

I live in Cyprus where it is incredibly hot (was 32 degrees c here today and gets well over 40 in the summer)

1 week ago I was given some dinafem fruit auto seeds so I decided to germ 1 even though my 4 white widows were over 3 weeks into veg. The fruit auto sprouted and the next day I flipped the lights to 12/12.

So this is a bit of an experiment....first to see how well the white widow do in such an environment....and also to see how an auto does going straight from seed into a 12/12 light setting.
I have read that transplanting auto's is bad and I have started it off in a small pot so will be transplanting in the next day or 2.

I have a couple of videos up on you tube (search for Cyprus Grower) so you can see for yourself the progress. I will also be posting updates here on what happens.

Any tips/advice is welcome but here in Cyprus it is incredibly hard to get any stuff for indoor growing.
I hope all goes well and should be expecting a harvest just before Christmas.

Take care everyone and will update in 4 days or so time.

Hi All.
Ok, here are a few pictures of my White Widow in day 4 of flower.
Any tips/advice and comments are welcome :)
You can also check out my video of them on you tube (search for Cyprus Grower).

Ok, so I don't know if I have done something I should/shouldn't have so any advice/comments are appreciated.
I am now in day 10 of flower and I decided to do a little low stress training to get a bit more light getting to my plants.
Now I hadn't topped or lst my plants before this so they were growing in the usual 'Christmas tree' look.
I have now tied some string around the main stem about 2 nodes from the top and bent them over gently to between a 45 and 90 degree angle and fixed them in place.
I can visibly see that more light is hitting some of the other nodes now, but have I done wrong by doing this 10 days into flower??
The buds have only just began to form and there should still be another 10 days or so of stretch left (assuming a 3 week stretch from going into flower period).
Have I left this too late in doing this?? Is it beneficial doing it this far into flower? Am I sacrificing 'power' going to my main cola just to make slightly bigger side buds??
I will post some pics in a day or 2 time but would love to know if I have done right or not. I know I should of done this a lot earlier but you live and learn. I don't want to harm any growth especially after spending 1 1/2 months on these plants already.
If I have done wrong it gives me time to take the string off and let them grow back normally.

Any ideas and help??
Thanks from Cyprus :)

Ok so here is another update.
These are taken at the start of week 3 of flower.
I tied the main stem down with string and it seems some of the other branches have caught up a bit.
This is all for personal use and I am hoping to get 1oz dried per plant.

Any comments/advice is appreciated.
There will be another update in a weeks time where the stretch should of finished.
As always you can see a video of this grow on youtube (search for Cyprus grower).

Happy growing all!!

Hi fellow growers!!
Update time is here once again :)
These are now at the start of week 4 of flower (day 22 or 23 of flower)
Things are going well for my basic setup, buds have formed all over and i am even starting to see a little frosting appear.
The stretch seems to have stopped so over the next week the buds should begin to fatten up.

Again any advice/comments, especially to get myself some bigger buds at this stage of the grow are more than welcome.
You can see a video on youtube of this grow (search for cyprus grower).
I will do another update in a week.

Happy growing all :)

Hi fellow growers.
So update time is here again.
I am now at the end of week 4 of flower (day 28) so should be half way through the grow.
Everything is going well, the buds are producing crystals and they are starting to smell really nice.
My fruit auto (no pics of it) though still very small has just produced its first white hairs.

As always any comments/advice is welcome and you can follow the grow on youtube (search for Cyprus grower)

Happy growing all!!

Hey cyprussgrower! Things look well and allbeit I'm a rookie at indoor, umm whatever you want to do at certain times is a way to learn on the fly. Temp humidity and air flow are most important in any indoor grow from what research has told me . Water and lighting is important also , water reason is obvious, to dry stunts and decrease yield. To wet can stunt as well and invite root rot which we'll means not good as well. Light depth in canopy ie. penetration can increase yield . So with all that said do what makes ya happy and watch and learn. What works for one may not work for another. I'm not a pro just , learning a lot of info and if that helped ya I'm glad if not then I just waisted alot of typing lol. Talk soon good luck!

Ok so I am now at the start of week 6 of flower(day 36).
Everything is going well and things are looking nice and the smell is getting really strong.
I am just playing the waiting game now (hopefully just 3 more weeks to go)
Here are a few pics...

There will be another update in 1 week, and as always you can check out a video of the grow on youtube.

Happy growing all!!

Hi fellow growers.
Ok update time is here once again and I am now at the end of week 6 of flower (day 42)
I was hoping for an 8 week flower but from the looks of it, it will be longer as the plants are still so green and most of the hairs are still white.
Please tell me what you think.

As always you can follow the grow here or there is a video of the grow on youtube.

Happy growing all!!

I think you are right and that they have a little bit more time to go before picking. They are looking great!!

Hi All!!
Update time is here again and I am at the end of week 7 of flower (day 49).
I started the flush today and it looks as though it may be about a 9 week flower.
The finish line is almost in sight!!

Any Advice/techniques you people have on pre-harvest/harvest is most welcome.
As always there will be a video up on youtube later today.

Happy growing all!!

These are looking gorgeous! i know you will be enjoying them very soon. I hope you keep your trim to make hash out of - those plants have quite a lot of frosty, frosty!

Hi All!!
Update time is here once again
So I am now at the end of week 8 of flower which was my hoped for flowering time.
Unfortunately the temps here at night have gotten pretty cold and there is nothing I can do about it.
The plants are using hardly any water now so I think the chop is going to be very soon.

Would like your opinions on whether I should chop or leave another week from the pictures below

As always there will be a vid up on youtube of the grow later today so please give any comments/advice....especially on if I should chop or wait another week. I am getting so impatient as I have run out of bud and the waiting is killing me :)

Happy Growing All!!

Hi all!!
So I reached the end of week 9 of flower.
Out of the 4 plants, I am just experimenting with the harvesting of 3. The 4th plant still looks like it has another week so I gave it a final watering.
From the other 3 I have staggered the harvest to see what happens.

Plant 1 - Main bud chopped after 58 days and then the rest of plant left to day 62 (just to see if the lower buds got a growth spurt)

Plant 2 - Main bud chopped after 60 days and the rest of the plant is still under the lights.

Plant 3 - Main bud chopped after 61 days and the rest of the plant is still under the lights.

Plant 4 - Still looks like it needs another week so gave it a last watering (day 63).

Is it worth keeping the lower bud plants alive and still under the lights or will I not notice a difference??

Anyway here are a few pics...enjoy

Back
Top Bottom