Harry's 2nd Grow - LST

Greeting friends,

I'm starting up my 2nd grow with nice female clones I took from my mexi-sativa plants.

The clones were taken on July 18th. I placed each clone in a 10oz cup with holes in the bottom and filled a little over half way with sphagnum moss. I then placed the clones in a dish filled with 1/8" of water and put them into my Ptron, misting a few times a day. After about two weeks I saw roots and new growth so I transplanted into 16oz cups. On august 8th, they were moved to 10" pots under the 400w MH and I began the Low Stress Training.

Light: 400Watt MH
Grow Medium: 1/3 sphagnum moss, 1/3 worm castings, 1/3 perlite /w 1Tbls of powdered dolomite lime per gallon of mix.
Here's a couple of pix to show where I'm at. :smokin:

lst14.jpg

lst24.jpg

I'll either supercrop or top, depending on how it goes. They are vegging extremely fast. Knowing they will triple or more in size, I figure I'll go 12/12 at 14-15". I may have to start 12/12 in my veg room, while the Jolly Green Giants finish up in the flower area, but I've got a 400w HPS for the veg room so I can switch to that when the time comes.

After going natural and big with my 1st grow. I thought I'd go low and slow with my 2nd. I'm using binder clips and string but I'm concerned that the string is so thin, it may cut into plants as they grow. Can anyone offer any suggestion as to what they like to use? Would small ribbons be better, perhaps?

Thanks!!

Harry

Thanks y'all. They seem to be doing well at the moment. The mix RooRman suggested is working great.

Yeah, I was concerned they might grow around the string so I'll watch for that. Thicker string or yarn is a good suggestion.

One question though.

Do y'all usually top the main stem when you LST or do you just crimp/supercrop and force growth to the lower branches then let the main cola grow?

Thanks!!

Harry

I'm thinking I could train the main branch around the edge of the pot, almost in a spiral, and let the main cola come back up in the middle.

Does that sound like a reasonable approach?

Here's a couple of pix.

lstp1.jpg

lstp2.jpg

Now that they have grown to the other side of the pot, I thought I would secure it to the side and start the curve back around.

Is a spiral a good way to go -vs- just laying them flat in a straight line?

Thanks

Harry

I'm not sure I follow, SG. I have them bent over now and growing horizontally, following the side of the pot. I was thinking I'd just follow the contour of the pot around in a circle and when I get back to the middle (or at least back down the other side a bit), I'll let the main cola grow up from there.

I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Thanks brother!!

Harry

Harry, if you aim it back towards the middle it will block out the light..LST is to open her up to more light..I keep her running around the pot and then let it grow up from there.. That way you have lots of light getting to the middle and sides and it will give you some nice fat colas....

Looking good Harry I'll try to keep up w/ our progress. I can't help w/any ? but like to get ideas for the other growers before I get to deep in to a newproject.

Thanks Moose. Glad to know that you're keeping an eye on this one. Let me know if you see me going off the rails. ;)

Be IRIE, yeah I see what you mean. If I go all the way around in a spiral and back to the middle, it may bunch the colas up and they might not get enough light. I think I'll do as you suggest and curve around the edges of the pot about 3/4ths of the way 'round and let 'em go from there.

Thanks man!!

Harry

Looking good Harry I'll try to keep up w/ our progress. I can't help w/any ? but like to get ideas for the other growers before I get to deep in to a newproject.
Thanks Phil and I hear ya. Some people would say that you learn best from making mistakes but I believe that a wise person learns from other's mistakes so they don't have to repeat them.

Good luck with your grows and I hope you start a journal. We noobs have to stick together and help each other out. :smokin:

Harry

This is day 35 from clone on my 2nd grow attempt. Here's pix of the 4 clones that I'm LST'ing. Sorry 'bout the back angle on the 1st two but you can see the effects of my super cropping.

lst_vegday35_1.jpg

lst_vegday35_2.jpg

lst_vegday35_3.jpg

lst_vegday35_4.jpg

I also have a clone of Miss Burley in here. Not sure what to do with her at this point.

missbclone.jpg

And, two flowering clones from Fast Betty (fastest to bud of the four). You can see the pre-flowers. I'm assuming these two will eventually veg out.

flclone1.jpg

flclone2.jpg

That's all that's in my veg room. I've been running the veg room on 16/8 to slow things down a little while waiting for my 1st grow to complete in the flower area. Hopefully, the timing will be about right but I may have to move to 12/12 in the initially in the veg area. My goal is a harvest every two months.

Harry

Thanks Smokin Moose. I gave them some FF big bloom on the last watering but I'll go with some FF Grow Big (6-4-4) on the next watering, Maybe 1/4 strength or so.

I've never tried any foliar feeding but I've been reading about it and I understand that FF Big Bloom is good to use for that. It's got: Earthworm castings, bat and seabird guano, rock phosphate, sulfate of potash magnesia and Norwegian kelp.

Should I use the Big Bloom for Foliar feeding on these or use the Grow Big with the higher ferts?

Harry

Back
Top Bottom