First grow..bagseed

chaosridden

this was in "grow FAQ" but i moved on over here because it is no longer a question. Hope thats cool.

anyways heres my set up.
2x3x4 closet space.
6 cfl's totaling 12900 lumens. 3 at 6500k and 3 at 2700k (18/6 day/night)
my 3 ladies are in 4 gallon pots.
i only plan to make them 4ft tall( i would love more and if i think of a way i will sure as hell do it) due to my space restrictions.

NUTes..
first of all... I had to buy expert gardener. It is 10-6-4 or very close to that.
i know thats a no no but my area apparently isnt quite sure what gardening is. The only thing we had at any local store was either manure or this.

I have a foliage spray that has miracle grow in it (8-7-6) but only a very slight amount. It calls for 10-20 drops per quart, but i put 3 drops in a little less than a quart.

about 2 or 2 and a 1/2 weeks in..
picresized_th_1220252952_IM000169.jpg

Old setup..
picresized_th_1220253493_IM000172.jpg

the deformed at about 2 weeks..
picresized_th_1220253142_IM000171.jpg

The New setup :smokin:..
picresized_th_1220253768_IM000181.jpg

picresized_th_1220253629_IM000177.jpg

the deformed as of yesterday..
picresized_th_1220279323_IM000189.jpg

plant #1 as of this morning..
picresized_th_1220278229_IM000188.jpg

plant #2 as of thismorning(beggining week 4 i think)..
picresized_th_1220254788_Image138.jpg

i do have a small question.. Just before i go to bed at night. they get droopy i suppose like they need watered. should i be adding a little bit of water if they are? pretty much every night this happens. I have been adding a splash of water before i go to bed but i dont want to over water.

well guys and gals.. how am i looking?
there is a fan blowing air in and one blowing out. Ill add that in my next update.

thank you guys for the compliments.

Your plants are looking great! I heard or read that it's best to water your plants in the morning. But I guess a splash of water won't hurt them at night. Your grow set up looks good too. Do you got a fan on you plants?

The closet door slides from both sides. so i have it opened on both sides and the fan blows air in one side and out the other :ganjamon: but i had to move the fan so i could take the pictures. I'll take a picture of how it looks from outside.

ok these are the leaves i was talking about..
picrsldy1nodeleaves.jpg

are those leaves suppose to be there?

heres are some curly leaves.. what do you think?
picrsldycurlyleaves2.jpg

picrsldy1curlyleaves.jpg

i suppose the bent stem isnt a big deal?
picrsldy2bentstem.jpg

but other than all that we're looking good...
lady#1 (taken before the curly leaves)
pcresizeldy1.jpg

lady# 2
picresizeldy2.jpg

and lady#3 (the deformed)..shes picking up quite nicely..
picresizeldy3.jpg

im not sure about the curly leaves...I dont add nutes because the soil already has nutes. I water every 3 days...but the soil is still kinda moist on top so i didnt want to over water. hopefully they wont be curly when i wake up in the morn... time for a smoke friends. :rollit:

something bad jsut happened. I was raising the lights and one fell on one of my ladies...I think the stalk broke... but not all the way. I couldnt see the break cuz it was a little under the soil. and i didnt want to dig to see if it was severe or not. i proped it back up and piled the soil around the stalk for support. do you think she will die? and is ther eanything i can do to help her recover?

well....shes not dead yet. thats a plus. They are really getting big. I need more P than N during flowering correct? I'll get some batteries for the camera and get some more pics up here.

as far as bugs. Every now and then I see a little thing flying around. just one or 2 i think. very very small little buggers. I dont see anything wrong with any of the plants. no nests or spots of any sorts. I spray under and on top of the leaves once or twice a day to keep them off or hopefully kill them.

what if I put a couple old cds under the plants? wouldnt that reflect the light back up? is this a good idea or bad?

Everything looks good to me man, fwtw. Yes, generally more P than N during flowering.

The more light, the merrier and you're gonna need more for 4' plants. ;) Be careful not to over water. Use a wet/dry cycle.

:peace:

Harry

Nice looking plants.
Are you using the cds to reflect light back up to the plants? I wonder if that helps I always thought the tops of the leaves use the light. But not positive. I wonder if anyone knows a bit more about it. :smokin: Smokin Moose

thanks everyone. the cds are indeed to reflect light. i didnt know about the top of the leaves using the light or even if they would help at all. What are your thoughts on that moose?

and as far as acual lights.. In realilty, chances are i probably wont get 3 females. I would shit in my pants if i did but i doubt I will get 3 from what I'm reading. I mean it is pretty much hit or miss isn't it?

Everything looks good to me man, fwtw. Yes, generally more P than N during flowering.

The more light, the merrier and you're gonna need more for 4' plants. ;) Be careful not to over water. Use a wet/dry cycle.

:peace:

Harry
thanks
I usually water every 3-4 days. I wait until the soil is dry about an inch or 2 deep before i water. I this correct?

and by the way..4' was a small miscalculation. Probably about 3' and a few inches. i forgot to measure in the planters. roughly how tall will these ladies grow after i change to 12/12?

and one last thing...Indica is more of a body high correct? lets hope i have a mix. Its time now for a toke. :bong:

easy enough. thank you. cds are gone. How many lumens per sq.foot do i need for flowering?

Question.. With the lighting i have now. 6 cfls at 12900 lumens. Is there anyway im going to get at least an ok yield?

Back
Top Bottom